Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Do you like it damnz?

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    Well after going through my 600+ individual songs, not my 300+ compact discs. I've create a track list of music that reflects my personality and etc. Enjoy the incredible long download wait time.
    MLL: YOU ROCK There are some solid tracks on there that I have been looking for thanks and thanks for putting it in one file

DIABLO SWING ORCHESTRA - THE BUTCHER'S BALLROOM
    The Diablo Swing Orchestra dates back to 1501 in Sweden, where history tells the tale of an orchestra that played like no other. With music so seductive and divine that the ensemble overwhelmed audiences all over the country, and people from all social classes took them to their hearts. Their performances rapidly earned a reputation of being feral and vigorous and gained the orchestra a devoted crowd that followed them around.

During the later half of the 16'th century the criticism against the royal crown dictatorial ruling had intensified. Gifts and tenancies had made the chruch extremely wealthy, and since the money merely was used to strengthen their power the discontent among the people was growing. To many people the orchestra presented them to a new view upon things and a way to cope with everyday life.

The church witnessed how their influence over the people decreased and began to depict the orchestra as treacherous, saying their intentions were anything but righteous. The orchestras extensive use of the prohibited tritonus interval in their music as well as their excessive lifestyles was facts that were not looked mildly upon. During church services priests slandered the music saying it was an insult to Christ himself. However, when this attempt to reduce the orchestras popularity failed, the church began to use more desperate measures in order to regain its former power. The Devils orchestra became the slogan they used and the members were accused of being everything from devil worshippers to the spawn of Satan. This catchphrase eventually caught on and became the popular name of the orchestra. When even these efforts shown futile the church ultimately framed the orchestra members for a murder and a ruthless manhunt began. The following two years the orchestra lead the lives of outlaws and were forced to perform in barns and outhouses, where only a strictly limited number of people were allowed to attend. Luckily generous people provided them with food and somewhere to sleep.

In order to capture the orchestra the church issued a reward to the person that could provide such information that lead to the capture of the orchestra. The sum was so large that the orchestra, tired and weary of living as fugitives, realised that it all had come to and end. They knew that sooner or later someone would reveal their whereabouts and the decided to go down in style.
    But before doing so they all signed a pact saying that their descendants were given the task of reuniting the orchestra in 500 years and continue their work of spreading thought-provoking music. Six envelopes were therefore sealed and given to trustees of the orchestra to pass on to family members.

They announced their final concert publicly as a grandeur finale. Thousands of people showed up and even though it was almost no one who could actually hear the music, the massive sing-along of the crowd granted the performance to be the most talked about in history. Thanks to the huge amount of people the orchestra was allowed to play until their last song when armed guards finally managed to storm the stage and arrest the musicians. They were sent prison and later sentenced to death by hanging.

Stockholm 2003, by mere accident two of the original orchestra descendants meet in a music shop and began to discuss music. It later shows that they both have received a strange letter from some ancient relative containing instructions on how to reunite The Devils Orchestra. They both become very excited and though some genealogy they managed to find all of the remaining successors in a period of three months.

Unfortunate all of the original scores were confiscated and burned by the church back in 1503. So music-wise the new orchestra were left with no directions on what to play. After some meticulous discussions it was agreed upon that the music should be like a modern version of the old orchestra. Annlouice was chosen to front the band, her angelic yet powerful operatic voice was perfect to bring a bombastic feeling to the music. Pontus dance-influences and programming skills came in handy since the orchestra wanted the arrangements to sound a bit more futuristic. He shares guitar duties with Daniel who also is the main composer in the band. Andy brought some groove to the mix adding powerful slapping and funk-oriented bass licks, while Andreas's energetic drumming made sure the songs are driven and pulsating. Together with Anders, he lays the solid swinging foundation of the band. Johannes's theoretical knowledge and stunning technique combined with an emotive cello-playing style made him essential to the bands sound.

Together they answer to the name of Diablo Swing Orchestra and are determined to honour the legacy of their ancestors.
    The above text might seem tl;dr but it is a very interesting read. DSO is a very eccentric band that combines all different types of sound(Rock, Classic, Jazz, Metal etc) and turns them into something completely new and original. The band is so eccentric in fact that it's very hard for me to explain their music. So I'll just leave you with a link to their MySpace to see for yourself. ;D

http://www.myspace.com/diabloswingorchestra

Downloads
    Mediafire

EDIT: MLL informed me that tracks 3 and 9 were corrupted for some reason, so here's a RAR with the uncorrupted tracks 3 and 9.

http://www.mediafire.com/?coxnbugrxmw
    Last edited by Jink; 08-15-2007 at 09:16 PM.

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Here's a little mix of my stuff playin' in my iphone...just a slice. If anybody likes any of the artists I can upload them for ya'.

JINK'S MIXTAPE VOLUME 01

This is basically a 25 tracked mixtape with an arranging assortment of hip-hop song and beats. I carefully handpicked the tracks and arranged them to give the listener the best experience possible. There's no other way to listen to this mixtape other then from beginning to end. As a little reminder before listening to this is don't be ignorant. Hip-hop goes beyond what you hear on the radio or see on BET. Music is universoul, it's not constricted to one type of genre. Any track on this can be easily accessible by even the most ignorant metal head. With this I hope to further the notice of independent hip-hop even if it's only to a few listening ears. Download and enjoy!

Track Listing
    01 - Eyedea - The Many Faces of Oliver Hart (Jink's Intro)
    02 - Masta Killa - Old Man
    03 - F.I.L.O. (Nujabes & Shing02) - First In Last Out
    04 - Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow
    05 - Madlib - Chrome Dreams (Jink's Interlude 1)
    06 - Four Tet & Percee P - Reverse Part 2
    07 - Gang Starr - All 4 The Ca$h
    08 - Lyrics Born - Shake It Off (Bad Dreams Pt. II)
    09 - Madvillain - Strange Ways
    10 - K'naan - My God (Jink's Interlude 2)
    11 - K'naan - Soobax
    12 - Shing02 - My Nation (Dry & Heavy Version)
    13 - Roni Size - Dirty Beats
    14 - Quasimoto - Raw Deal
    15 - D-Styles - Like That Chall (Jink's Interlude 3)
    16 - Four Tet & Percee P - A Joy (Part 2)
    17 - Ultramagnetic MC's - Critical Beatdown
    18 - Quasimoto - Shroom Music
    19 - Blackalicious - Clockwork
    20 - Charizma - Apple Juice Break (Jink's Interlude 4)
    21 - Ecid - Adopted Birth Defect
    22 - Soul Position - No Gimmicks
    23 - Handsome Boy Modeling School - Holy Calamity (Bear Witness II)
    24 - Raekwon - Guillotine (Swordz)
    25 - Dinner With Blockhead (Jink's Outro)

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    This is basically a 25 tracked mixtape with an arranging assortment of hip-hop song and beats. I carefully handpicked the tracks and arranged them to give the listener the best experience possible. There's no other way to listen to this mixtape other then from beginning to end. As a little reminder before listening to this is don't be ignorant. Hip-hop goes beyond what you hear on the radio or see on BET. Music is universoul, it's not constricted to one type of genre. Any track on this can be easily accessible by even the most ignorant metal head. With this I hope to further the notice of independent hip-hop even if it's only to a few listening ears. Download and enjoy!
    Tru dat Jink! As we have similar listening tastes I anxiously awaiting the completion of my download. I, too, agree that rap (which I find degrading and lacking imagination) is one genre and that true hiphop and music for that matter takes many forms and crosses many genres. Music lovers should appreciate music in all its forms. Thanks for the up!

since i am from the south im used to the rap were the beat is much better than lyrics and rappers talk about same shit all the time but i will download yours jink and see what thats about

Made by Gray-Foxx and iThepirate
    Come help us grow! http://mangaseed.com/index.php

SUP MY *automated voice* friend(s) !?! Hayo.. so I'm Sushi, first time reader, long time poster, no time left to talk.

Joanna Newsom is an American harpist, pianist, harpsichordist, singer and songwriter from Nevada City, California.

Although her harp playing is not completely divorced from conventional harp techniques, she considers her style distinct from that of classically-focused harpists. She has been strongly influenced by the polymetric style of playing used by West African kora players. Her harp teacher, Diana Stork, taught her the basic pattern of four beats against three, which creates an interlocking, shifting pattern that can be heard on Ys, particularly in the middle section of "Sawdust & Diamonds".

The media have labeled her as one of the most prominent members of the modern psych folk movement, although she does not acknowledge ties to any particular musical scene.Her songwriting incorporates elements of Appalachian music, avant-garde modernism, and African kora rhythms.

Newsom's vocal style is unconventional (in the November 2006 issue of The Wire she described her voice as "untrainable"), with shadings of folk and Appalachian shaped-note timbres. Newsom has, however, expressed disappointment at comments that her singing is "child-like".
    This is her entire 2nd album, "Y's". It's more refined than her first album, and in some ways better, some ways worse. Her first album was JUST her, this one is her and her band. The songs are longer, and they seem more calm than the old songs. You HAVE to listen to both albums, and you also have to listen to her for a while. Once your ears start to bleed, you'll probably fall in love with her. The harp-play goes along perfectly with her style of singing, it all falls together wonderfully. If you want to listen before downloading, here is a live concert.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/polliwog...itarian-Church

And without further ado, here is my motha ferkin music download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D1TTLBYD
    Last edited by Sushi; 08-18-2007 at 10:39 PM.

Blockhead is one of the most acclaimed independent Hip-Hop producers spinning his tracks today. He's worked with some of the industries greatest including Aesop Rock, Slug, Atmosphere, Murs, and S.A. Smash. His latest LP, Uncle Tony's Coloring Book, hasn't even hit store shelves yet, but I got my hands on an advanced copy. Now since Blockhead is a Producer/DJ this album is an instrumental album, and a fine one at that. It is essentially a Hip-Hop album, but Blockhead decided to stray off a bit and mix in a melodic sound to this album giving it a nice laid back chill out sound. Uncle Tony's Coloring Book is definitely one of those albums where you just strap on your headphones and just immerse yourself in the music. I know that the mass population of OPHQ aren't exactly indie Hip-Hop fans, but this is a sound anyone can enjoy.

Downloads
    Megaupload

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

Not gonna upload it, but

Requiem for a dream

thats a good classical song