Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    Yes here she is,the Chinese-Mongolian goddess Sa DingDing

Homepage and info
    Wiki Link

Sa Dingding is a Chinese singer songwriter who has crossed over to Western markets with the release of her new album Alive at the beginning of July 2007.

Sa Dingding combines Eastern and Western music in a powerful, sophisticated sway. The track Alive contains Chinese Folk Music and Western electronica, overlaid with her strong, haunting voice.

As a product of modern China, Sa Dingding has developed a deep interest in the country's minority religions, particularly Buddhism. This is reflected in the Alive album, which includes singing in the ancient language Sanskrit and Tibetan. She plays several Chinese instruments, choreographs, and has even created her own language where new words are formed from the emotions evoked by music.

Born in Mongolia to a Mongolian mother and Chinese father, Sa Dingding developed a fascination for ethnic minority music at an early age. At eighteen, she released her debut album. Her interest in Buddhism, Dyana Yoga, and Sanskrit has expanded her musical boundaries. In her own country Sa Dingding is a regular performer at events such as the MTV Style Gala and CCTV-MTV Video Music Awards.

------------------------------------

Rapisdhare DDL

i swear her music is fabulous,it instantly catches your mind...i am going to support her and get her album as soon as i can
    I have fallen in love with her music. It is awesome! I like Alive the best.
    I am so impressed. She speaks Sanskrit, Tibetian and Chinese (I assume so since she sings in those languages)! But I can't really tell the difference between those languages. They are so similar, all high pitched. Maybe that's her style.
    Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki Mikk Kyou View Post
    I have fallen in love with her music. It is awesome! I like Alive the best.
    I am so impressed. She speaks Sanskrit, Tibetian and Chinese (I assume so since she sings in those languages)! But I can't really tell the difference between those languages. They are so similar, all high pitched. Maybe that's her style.
    Thanks for sharing!
    she's my goddess now
    her music affected me from the first hearing... i expect her to become the next super star of Asia
    Some described her as the next Bjork,since her music inspires sa dingding a lot
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

another awsome japanese album i stumbled upon a few days ago

rock and guitar fans will adore this,especially the 3rd and 7th track

Taia - Asymetry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMP__WRvv1Y

DJ Premier beat, Common rapping

Ronnie Foster - Mystic Brew

Some of the older members might remember hearing this. Its the sample A Tribe Called Quest used for Electric Relaxation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Damn #@?!$? making me double post

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin is the debut album by English rock band Led Zeppelin. It was recorded in October 1968 at Olympic Studios in London and released on Atlantic Records on 12 January 1969. The album featured integral contributions from each of the group's four musicians and established Led Zeppelin's fusion of blues and rock. Led Zeppelin also created a large and devoted following for the band, with their unique heavy metal sound endearing them to a section of the counterculture on both sides of the Atlantic.

Although the album initially received negative reviews, it was commercially very successful and has now come to be regarded in a much more positive light by critics. In 2003, the album was ranked number 29 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

I finally understood that comment about Jimmy Page that Homer made in the Simpsons after listening to this

And my second gift to you,

Buena Vista Social Club

Buena Vista Social Club is a studio album by Cuban bandleader and musician Juan de Marcos González and American guitarist Ry Cooder with traditional Cuban musicians, released September 16, 1997 on World Circuit Records. The album was produced by Cooder who travelled to Cuba to record sessions with the musicians, many of whom were previously largely unknown outside Cuba. The musicians and the songs were later also featured in a documentary film of the same name. The music featured on the album was inspired by the Buena Vista Social Club, a membership club that was at its height during the 1940s and 1950s. Many of the musicians performing on the record were either former performers at the club or were prominent Cuban musicians during the era of the club's existence. Other younger musicians on the record trace their musical roots back to pre-revolutionary Cuban music, mainly the famous Havana musical scene of the 1950s.

Buena Vista Social Club started a craze in the Western World for Latin American music, particularly Cuban music, while it also earned a considerable amount of critical praise and has received numerous accolades from several music writers and publications. In 2003, the album was ranked number 260 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, one of only two albums on the list to be produced in a non-English speaking country.

Its amazing how similar this is to Old School West African High Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Beer and Music
    Thsv@ awesome..led zeppelin is one of my favorite bands..btw, that album is called "Led Zeppelin I"..which is 1..thres there II..then III..and one of the best..IV

For anyone for is interested old thrash mettal I reccomend these albums
    Testament - Practice What You Preach
    Slayer - South of Heaven and Seasons In The Abbys (id reccoment every slayer cd cause they all good)
    Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction(same goes for this band, every album is a legend)
    Metallica - Ride The Lightning(imo best metallica album and will never be topped, big thanks for ex metallica dave mustaine for making the main song..ride the lightning.)(and for this band...from kill em all to the metallica album are good..st.anger, load and reload do not exist to me..such disappointment, garage days good album, and death magentic was alright)

i invite you all to discover tomoko kawase
    Wiki page

her alter egos tommy heavenly6 and tommy february6 produce respectively rock and pop music

one of my favourite tracks : mediafire link

Retired Administrator
    So I see a definite lack in chiptune.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    i invite you all to discover tomoko kawase
    Wiki page

her alter egos tommy heavenly6 and tommy february6 produce respectively rock and pop music
    I first noticed her in the hilarious music video from that song from Paradise Kiss, "Lonely in Gorgeous.". I have always liked TBG before that, but I never realized she was the brilliant green's lead singer. TBG's latest single is the second opening to Gundam 00 opening, Ash Like Snow.

It's really interesting how she manages to do that dual public persona without stepping too much looking schizophrenic. Only in Japan, I guess. She makes good music either way.