Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Sannin... Their Genjutsu Defense

What is the Sannins Genjutsu defense like?

Well, the Databook states that Orochimaru is good in Genjutsu.
    In fact, when Itachi imobilized him, Orochimaru was already in the middle of doing a "Kai", which would cancel the Genjutsu, that is before Itachi sliced off his hand.

Immediately after the slicing of the hand, it grew back by the way, that was shown off pannel. Cause Orochimaru can regrow limbs.

Jiraiya on the other hand... Said specifically that he wasn't great at Genjutsu.
    The toad song is something ma and pa can only do, so in a sense, it's a summoning Genjutsu. One in which Jiraiya has to wait for them to Harmonize before doing any damage to an opponent.

But... What about his Genjutsu defense?

Growing up and being in the Sannin team, I think its safe to assume he didn't get any "special" anti Sharingan genjutsu training. I'm talking about BASE Sharingan Genjutsu, no Mangekyou techniques.

So I still don't understand where people get the notion that Jiraiya would be able to pwn Itachi. It just DOESN'T make sense.

Itachi is the God of Genjutsu.

He has you in a Genjutsu before you even know.
    The thing with Itachis genjutsu... He doesn't make anything seem out of the ordinary. Much like Sasuke was beginning to do. He doesn't make it obvious that you're in a Genjutsu.

Sasuke on the other hand, since he had a Sharingan, could see through it, but Jiraiya didn't have the Sharingan.
    Nor did Orochimaru.
    Nor did Deidara.

Hence why they were defeated so easily.
    BASE Sharingan Genjutsu defeated Orochimaru and Deidara.

So again I ask you... What was it about Jiraiya that would deem him "Different" than Orochimaru and Deidara in terms of Genjutsu defense?

The answer is nothing.

There is nothing about Jiraiya that would allow him to defend against it.
    Same shit would happen.

The fact that Jiraiya couldn't even defeat Orochimaru and bring him back to the village, suggests that Jiraiya couldn't defeat his old friend. This is cannon. Nowhere does it state who is stronger. Instead, Kish pits Orochimaru up against the king of Genjutsu, and overall the best Uchiha in my opinion, and this gives fans of Jiraiya a boner because they view Orochimaru as being weak. Weak because he was defeated by UCHIHA ITACHI of all people.

Who wouldn't lose to this guy?

Fuck. He didn't even wanna kill his brother.
    I don't think the guy ever even ONCE, took a punch or kick to the body.

So I ask you.... Using simple logic.

If Jiraiya couldn't defeat Orochimaru....

And Orochimaru was easily defeated with Base Sharingan Genjutsu....As well as Deidara....

What makes Jiraiya so special that he would be any different? Especially when he can't even beat Orochimaru?

Jiraiya is a self proclaimed failure.
    He admits how sad his life has been. How HE never ammounted to much.
    Didn't finish Senjutsu.
    Gave up on his friend.
    Wasn't there for his student.
    Wasn't there for his teacher.
    Couldn't suck on Tsunades Titties.
    Walked away from the Rinnegan and failed the orphans.

Jesus....

Yet.... Out of all those failures and mistakes....

People believe he could beat Itachi.

I just don't fucking get it.

Itachi was a runnaway Shinobi of Konoha, surely if they wanted to track him down and find him, they could of sent Jiraiya no?

Well they didn't. Do you wanna know why?

Cause Jiraiya wouldn't have a fucking chance in hell.
    He'd be in a Sharingan Genjutsu before he even got a look at Itachi.

That's just the fuckin end of it.

To top it off, Itachis POTENTIAL was insurmountable. Inpassable.
    If he took his brothers eyes, he would make Jiraiya look like a Genin.

That's just absolute fact.
    As where, Jiraiya had already reached his peak. Failed at Senjutsu, and was only getting older. And as we know... Aging = Weakness.

Something Orochimaru took care of already.
    Aging is pointless.
    Jiraiya would only get weaker and weaker as time went by.

Itachi > Jiraiya without a shadow of a doubt.

Oh, Jiraya would get free from a genjutsu whenever he wants. He can use Senjutsu which is drawing energy from nature interrupting the normal flow of chakra. If not he can summon Ma and pa which give him their chakra to nullify the genjutsu.

erosennin is great at chakara control. genjust disturbs the chakara system and im sure erosennin would know right away if its genjutsu or not.
    Best Jutsu Ever created... --> "1000 Years of Pain"
    'Sakura' - "What, that wasnt a ninjutsu, thats just a Super Powerful ass poke"

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    I'm agree with this thread
    Posting these nice threads consecutively
    lol

Hermit mode= Jiraya+Ma+Pa. The frogs would break the genjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo_moua View Post
    erosennin is great at chakara control. genjust disturbs the chakara system and im sure erosennin would know right away if its genjutsu or not.
    it was only proven that a "jinchuruken" can break out of MS only if they can control their beast.

Spoiler!

but other than that, even Kakashi said you cannot break out of a Tsyukimo.
    Spoiler!
    Best Jutsu Ever created... --> "1000 Years of Pain"
    'Sakura' - "What, that wasnt a ninjutsu, thats just a Super Powerful ass poke"

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    A battle between two people is something that you can debate about all day. But it really comes down to adaption to the situation. And thats where i think this whole Jaraiya could defeat Itachi thing came in. Jaraiya displayed major versitality and resourcefulness which is why I think he CAN defeat him. They all have DEADLY attacks that can defeat each other. So it really comes down to how they fight and what advantages they have at that moment. Remember, Itachi has limits to his power and everytime he uses Tsukiyomi(did i botch the spelling?) or any other Mangekyo technique, his life is severly compromised. So he comes into a battle with a certain mentality and strategy.

There's just too many variables to say this guy is stronger than that guy. Especuially when a guy such as Jaraiya is compared to Itachi. I would say that anyone that has a wide variety of S class jutsus are fair game in a fight.

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ofTheDesert View Post
    Hermit mode= Jiraya+Ma+Pa. The frogs would break the genjutsu.
    Like it's been stated it's a instantaneous jutsu so I don't think so however it sounds reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post

You mean Itachi running away?