Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Surpassing the sannin

I considered putting this in the theory section, but it's based mostly on conjecture. Still, it's food for thought.

Of the three sannin, Tsunade is the only one whose student has yet to surpass her skills in any way. Naruto has surpassed Jiraiya's abilities by finally completing the rasengan, which no other user of the jutsu could do. Sasuke pretty much overpowered Orochimaru and stuffed his soul transfer jutsu. Of course, Jiraiya and Orochimaru had all sorts of great abilities their students don't have, but they were outclassed in certain areas.

Where does this leave Sakura? If Tsunade dies soon (which is a grand possibility), will she never get to see her pupil exceed her expectations? Tsunade is still clearly the physically stronger of the two. Sakura can only unleash her strength through punches and probably kicks as well. Tsunade, however, is strong enough throughout the entire body to have lifted Gamabunta's blade. I'm inclined, then, to believe that Sakura will exceed her sensei in the realm of medicine. Personally, I hope this will reveal itself through the restoration of Kakashi, which is the most urgent medical problem. Also, now that Tsunade is geared for battle, Sakura's medicine is likely to take the forefront.

In short, if Sakura's going to surpass her sensei, it's going to be soon.

Thoughts?

I hope sakaura throws hersel in the way of one of peins attacks
    (quick to way get rid of a useless character)
    and its been stated that cause she was originaly a genjutusu type she will one day surpass the 5th but probably not any time soon.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page011.html

(umm mr cola already been said)

: thanks to sir Chaos

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    dont forget how sakura also has talent in genjutsu, so that will be enough to surpass tsunade, Thats if she learns how to use it

Veteran Member Himura Battousai's Avatar
    Im trapped in Kakashis Kamui jutsu with Deidaras arm
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post
    I hope sakaura throws hersel in the way of one of peins attacks
    (quick to way get rid of a useless character)
    and its been stated that cause she was originaly a genjutusu type she will one day surpass the 5th but probably not any time soon.
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...6/page011.html
    damn it you were faster than me now we have two posts with same info

She'll surpass Tsunade by learning something completely different? Naruto and Sasuke surpassed their senseis in their best areas of expertise. Naruto developed a rasengan greater than Jiraiya's, and Sasuke overpowered Orochimaru in his own dimension. Sakura, then, is likely to surpass Tsunade in one of her best areas of expertise: either strength or medicine.

All three members of team Kakashi have their own little qualities as well: Naruto with his kyuubi and kagebunshin, Sasuke and the sharingan, and Sakura with what will likely be her genjutsu know-how. For Naruto and Sasuke, these were key factors in the eventual surpassing of their masters, but they still became superior in areas fundamental to their senseis. Perhaps genjutsu will play a part in Sakura's strengthened medicine.

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    1) Naruto has only passed Jiraiya in fully using Sage mode. In a one on one fight Jiraiya would destroy Naruto

2) Sasuke only beat Orochimaru because he was sick. And thats something Sasuke admitted himself.

Truly none of the 3 actually surpassed their mentors. They will eventually with experience they gain.
    Is this logic coming from you? Have my years of sitting infront of my laptop really caught up with my eyes?

Either way, I agree with you...

To surpass the sannins not only do they have to be Hokage lvl, but they have to have a name among the world leaders and the most powerful ninjas. Not only fear from criminals but their country Konohagakure have to count on them. I can't imagine Naruto actually surpassing Jiraya,.. As fro Sasuke surpassing Orochimaru? I think that's I joke. but that's my opinion.

Sasuke has power yes. Power doesn't grant them the tittle. Even if Orochimaru was evil and powerful, he was still reconsidered few times. His knowledge and authority was extremely useful if he intended to give it away. Same goes for Jiraya. I dunno about Tsunade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    1) Naruto has only passed Jiraiya in fully using Sage mode. In a one on one fight Jiraiya would destroy Naruto

2) Sasuke only beat Orochimaru because he was sick. And thats something Sasuke admitted himself.

Truly none of the 3 actually surpassed their mentors. They will eventually with experience they gain.
    1) thats not sure, jiraiya almost lost his life just trying to train naruto in using the kyuubi chakra. if naruto was able to use sage-mode at the time he may have crushed Jiraiya.

2) with sakura she didn't get much screen time showing her full skill, but she may be just as strong as tsunade, and her medical skill just as good also, plus genjutsu predisposition.

3) Sasuke did defeat Orochimaru when he was weak, but he also defeated Orochimaru's mind which was in no way afflicted, in that alone he surpassed him in the power of his will. And now with the MS Orochimaru would fare as well against him as he did against Itachi.

And to Freakshow above, if you want to claim that they have more power and are more respected worldwide, then if you use logic Tsunade is among them: even so far as to say she is the top - her grandfather being the architect of the ninja world- she is a princess.
    that's only if you use logic and don't let bias in though...
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s

Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

Veteran Member
    im sure sakura already surpassed tsunade and has genjustu abilities she has been hiding most likely

sakura reviving kakashi would clearly mark her as surpassing the most renouned medical ninjutsu user around if tsunade couldn't

but im not so confident that she will surpass her in the healing areas as much as the fighting and genjutsu areas

freakshow always makes me lol with his always oro-biased opinions
    Spoiler!

people should read the whole 1st post before replying..
    the thread starter clearly say naruto and sasuke surpass jiraiya and orochimaru in one certain are, he doesnt say naruto and sasuke surpass jiraiya and orochiomaru in every way..
    and yes naruto clearly surpass jiraiya in develop the rasengan
    sasuke surpass orochimaru in "the mind" fight..
    "Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."
    "Knowledge is power"

Sakura may be close to surpassing Tsunade in medical ninjutsu..if she hasnt already

she removed what was it, 90%+ of Sasori's poison from Kankuro's system, then developed an antidote to it basically on the fly. (something I suspect only Tsunade could do)

in terms of 'book' knowledge, Sakura was the #1 student in her class, with a photographic memory (or very close to it).

plus to top it off, she has gotten very little page time in this particular fight (other than the one-hit kill on the uber-sized centipede). I suspect that will change soon.
    come fight my brute here