• So So

3 30.00%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I didn't find that chapter that great. I mean Oda went into detail with a character who we barely know about, and I barely care about. Felt like next to no progress was made. I mean I know Oda gave us this flash back for a reason, but until it's known, it felt like he was trying to stall for time.
    If nothing else it provided more motivation for Chopper to get involved with Caesar himself. Although Chopper said Luffy would take out Caesar, but should something ultimately prevent him from doing so, such as this petrification a few people are mentioning, then Chopper has every intention to step in and destroy him.

Luffy with dragon, awesome picture appears in my mind! It's so cool.

....why did Momonosuke Faint? Was it because the Dofla face scared him into unconsciousness or did it really take that much energy to fly to the top of the garbage? If its the later... that's one deep garbage storage. Though I guess you would need one in a lab that handles incredibly poisonous objects. Also that would explain where Smiley had been kept for all that time, in the garbage shaft of one of the broken down buildings, plenty of space to fit him.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    ....why did Momonosuke Faint? Was it because the Dofla face scared him into unconsciousness or did it really take that much energy to fly to the top of the garbage? If its the later... that's one deep garbage storage. Though I guess you would need one in a lab that handles incredibly poisonous objects. Also that would explain where Smiley had been kept for all that time, in the garbage shaft of one of the broken down buildings, plenty of space to fit him.
    He's practically starving. So that coupled with the panic of hallucinating and exerting himself to ascend from the bowels of Punk Hazard with Luffy in tow should be more than explain why Momonosuke fainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    He's practically starving. So that coupled with the panic of hallucinating and exerting himself to ascend from the bowels of Punk Hazard with Luffy in tow should be more than explain why Momonosuke fainted.
    Hmmm.... I guess that would make sense... especially for one his age. I probably shouldn't compare Momonosuke to myself, My Insomnia kind of makes it so I only faint under certain circumstances, plus I have no idea how hard it would be to climb clouds.

Or Luffy might have King's haki up.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Why would he knock out the person who just helped him escape, let alone spark another validated reason behind his impending beat down of Caesar?

hmm... when Luffy first used his King's Haki it was unintentional, and when Shanks when to Whitebeard's ship he said that he was sorry about using his King's Haki, but he couldn't help it since he was on a enemy's ship. So that makes me wonder, Is King's Haki done from a reflex? If that's the case, Luffy may use it accidentally in the future during times of stress and accidentally knock out his friends. Not any of his crew members of course, even Ussop has been shown to be able to withstand King's Haki, but more so people he helps during each arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    Why would he knock out the person who just helped him escape, let alone spark another validated reason behind his impending beat down of Caesar?
    I think Luffy didn't want to use King's haki because it might seem like a hax to him? He wants an adventure not a beat down but now all bets are off. Remember when he did use it he was in a hurry and had to catch up to his friends. He prefers his hands and CoA

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    hmm... when Luffy first used his King's Haki it was unintentional, and when Shanks when to Whitebeard's ship he said that he was sorry about using his King's Haki, but he couldn't help it since he was on a enemy's ship. So that makes me wonder, Is King's Haki done from a reflex? If that's the case, Luffy may use it accidentally in the future during times of stress and accidentally knock out his friends. Not any of his crew members of course, even Ussop has been shown to be able to withstand King's Haki, but more so people he helps during each arc.
    Don't know if that means it's intentional or not but according to that incident some people fainted will others did not. I think that it means that Shanks can not control who is in line of fire.

But personally, I think the dragon is hungry. I was just giving out some alternative possibilities to liven the discussion.. this forum seems dead

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.