Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Shinkirou's point was that just because one is a say water element ninja. That doesn't mean they can only use water jutsu. And Sasuke was able to learn chidori, before he knew his element, (do we know it now?) and I assume Kakashi's element is lightning.

Okay, so basically everyone has the ability to do jutsu in other elements (like kakashi doing suiton jutsu), however; it would appear that to create jutsu or have a makeshift jutsu, it is only done with your own element, or that it is extremely fucking hard to do it, using a different one.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

When kakashi first teaching the 3 genins (after fight with zabuza) he told them that if use properly 5 type element chakra you could probably use any jutsu (not kekkei genkai) but normally shinobi has naturally only 1 element so for this element is much easier. Kakashi is copy ninja he is able to use all king of jutsu, raiton (his speciality), katon, suiton, earth (hau it was name ?), futon too (rasengan is wind jutsu but it can be usued with normal chakra too).

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    Shinkirou's point was that just because one is a say water element ninja. That doesn't mean they can only use water jutsu. And Sasuke was able to learn chidori, before he knew his element, (do we know it now?) and I assume Kakashi's element is lightning.
    I'm pretty sure that Kakashi's natural element is lightning, since when he put his supposedly neutral chakra into the chakra paper it crinkled.

We aren't sure what Sasuke's natural element is. We know that he could use fire element jutsu before he could use chidori. However, given the level of control that Sasuke has over lightning chakra, I'd be very surprised if his natural element wasn't lightning. Kakashi said that the reason he was training Sasuke for the Chunin exam finals was that, "he is the same type as me [Kakashi]", if we assume that he was talking about Sasuke's natural element, then it'd be lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Kakashi is copy ninja he is able to use all king of jutsu, raiton (his speciality), katon, suiton, earth (hau it was name ?), futon too (rasengan is wind jutsu but it can be usued with normal chakra too).
    Rasengan is not a wind jutsu. Naruto makes Fuuton Rasengan (a wind jutsu), by taking Rasengan (a neutral chakra jutsu) and infusing it with wind chakra. If Rasengan was already a wind jutsu, then Kakashi wouldn't have needed to test Naruto with the chakra paper in order to determine what his natural element is.

Also, I don't remember Kakashi using a Katon in the manga (though that might just be my extremely poor memory.)

Earth jutsu are "Doton".

Quote Originally Posted by Hyu View Post
    Maybe I missed this in the manga but can someone explain how you learn/master a new element? Because I'm sure a ninja don't just automatically learn it. lol
    Do they just try and perform a jutsu of a certain element and once they fully master the jutsu than that means they've learned how to use that element?
    Or is there a certain method to it?
    okay this involves a lot of guesswork but i think the trick is in the hand seals, physical/elementally recomposition and spatial recomposition. i'm having problems getting all the correct info because it's scattered far and wide through the manga so if i get anything wrong feel free to correct me. kakashi explains that with chidori he elementally recomposes his chakra into lightning (gives his chakra the characteristics of lightning then spatially recomposes it to discharge like lightning. naruto already spatially recomposes his chakra when rasengan explodes (remember the end result when he uses it).

hand seal are also involved. i'm sure of this because sasuke determined that deidra was using earth element techniques during their battle through his hand seals. watch what happens any time someone uses a fire technique. the last hand seal is the tiger seal which has been refered to at least once, maybe twice as the sign of fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Most ninjutsu requires the use of handseals in order for them to work, but not all ninjutsu.

For example, rasengan (or fuuton rasengan) doesn't require handseals.

I'm pretty sure that learning another element would be very similar to learning the first element... It would just be harder because you wouldn't have a natural affinity for the new element.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Kakashi's natural element is lightning, since when he put his supposedly neutral chakra into the chakra paper it crinkled.

We aren't sure what Sasuke's natural element is. We know that he could use fire element jutsu before he could use chidori. However, given the level of control that Sasuke has over lightning chakra, I'd be very surprised if his natural element wasn't lightning. Kakashi said that the reason he was training Sasuke for the Chunin exam finals was that, "he is the same type as me [Kakashi]", if we assume that he was talking about Sasuke's natural element, then it'd be lightning.

Rasengan is not a wind jutsu. Naruto makes Fuuton Rasengan (a wind jutsu), by taking Rasengan (a neutral chakra jutsu) and infusing it with wind chakra. If Rasengan was already a wind jutsu, then Kakashi wouldn't have needed to test Naruto with the chakra paper in order to determine what his natural element is.

Also, I don't remember Kakashi using a Katon in the manga (though that might just be my extremely poor memory.)

Earth jutsu are "Doton".
    he didn't say sasuke is the same type as him he said they were alike. i think it was more along the lines of being able to use chidori properly. remember what lee was thinking about why he couldn't make a high speed attack against an opponent because he couldn't spot the counter attack in time but sasukes sharingan allowed for that. kakashi was told by the fourth that he shouldn't use chidori for the same reason.
    i have to conceed that sasuke's mastery of chidori is so incredible that it is a possiblity that he is predisposed towards lightning but it hasn't been confirmed yet. he could have used the sharingan to learn chidori from kakashi and further manipulation of it from ol' snake features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by the hidden smog villager View Post
    he didn't say sasuke is the same type as him he said they were alike. i think it was more along the lines of being able to use chidori properly. remember what lee was thinking about why he couldn't make a high speed attack against an opponent because he couldn't spot the counter attack in time but sasukes sharingan allowed for that. kakashi was told by the fourth that he shouldn't use chidori for the same reason.
    i have to conceed that sasuke's mastery of chidori is so incredible that it is a possibility that he is predisposed towards lightning but it hasn't been confirmed yet. he could have used the sharingan to learn chidori from kakashi and further manipulation of it from ol' snake features.
    Yeah, your right... I couldn't remember the quote exactly and Kakashi was probably referring to Sharingan, seeing as it is required to properly use chidori. There is no direct evidence one way or the other as to what "type" Sasuke is, only that he is highly proficient in both raiton and katon justu.

I think its just uchiha kekkei genkai but then if whe look at kakashi katon gyouka no jutsu its so good as itachi (i think ) so meyby the katons that sasuke was using dont realy need to bee so good at fire element. Chidori hmmm he realy can manipulate him as he want but they is ne true that is lightining type, or meyby iven more .