Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    would you rather get a hole punched in u with chidori or have somethign like the rasenshurriken puncture every cell in a 5 foot radius......

i think wind is best for close range---it was already said though that it is best for close range

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    I vote for the not discussed item called bread.

Lighting is not sharp, it is a discharge of electricity that is a material which has no true shape since it will travel to the object of attraction but whichever path is necessary.

Wind is not sharp, it is the flow of the gases which compose an atmosphere; since wind is not only an Earth based phenomenon. Having no form, wind will bend around any object necessary.

Both items are not sharp in any format.
    are we talking about naruto or are we having a science class?, common man

The thing is, lightning would probably a helluvalot faster and cover more horizontal distance than wind would. It should also be able to travel from one target to another.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I agree that it's up to the user, lighting and wind have there own characteristics and strengths and weaknesses but the 'sharpness' of the attack with which the element is associated with is based on the user's skill and how that user uses it.

Though in terms of deadliness I'd go for the Wind shuriken, which is why Kishimoto has limited its uses by making it dangerously harmful to the user, where as a move like Chidori is only limited by Sasuke's chakra.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I agree that it's up to the user, lighting and wind have there own characteristics and strengths and weaknesses but the 'sharpness' of the attack with which the element is associated with is based on the user's skill and how that user uses it.

Though in terms of deadliness I'd go for the Wind shuriken, which is why Kishimoto has limited its uses by making it dangerously harmful to the user, where as a move like Chidori is only limited by Sasuke's chakra.
    The thing is, the Rasenshuriken is the pinnacle of wind jutsu. Its probably one of the most deadly wind jutsu possible. The same cant be said for chidori/raikiri. Though powerful in their own respect, I doubt they're even close to being the most powerful lightning based attacks out there. So honestly, I dont think its fair to compare these two jutsu, because of the vast difference in level.

oh not again, another Rasengan vs Chidori thread. (wow, this time its their element)

anyways, in terms of sharpness, Chidori wins.

Chidori is executed through a thrust of concentrated chakra, making it sharp enough to pierce through the enemy's body for a quick assassination.

On the other hand, Rasengan deals splash damage thats spread through the opponent's body. (especially the Futon, which even spreads the damage to a certain radius)

Now, you might ask me why did i compare Rasengan vs Chidori.

a) The threadstarter obviously wanna go back to his old old debate.
    b) How the hell can you compare the "sharpness" of an element?

An Element is an element, theres no sharp or dull, it depends on the techniques, which gives the element a form. This is like asking if Fire is taller than Water. Makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CiTo_Uchiha View Post
    Kishi says:

Uchiha = God

Uzumaki = Shit
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kryu View Post
    oh not again, another Rasengan vs Chidori thread. (wow, this time its their element)

anyways, in terms of sharpness, Chidori wins.

Chidori is executed through a thrust of concentrated chakra, making it sharp enough to pierce through the enemy's body for a quick assassination.

On the other hand, Rasengan deals splash damage thats spread through the opponent's body. (especially the Futon, which even spreads the damage to a certain radius)

Now, you might ask me why did i compare Rasengan vs Chidori.

a) The threadstarter obviously wanna go back to his old old debate.
    b) How the hell can you compare the "sharpness" of an element?

An Element is an element, theres no sharp or dull, it depends on the techniques, which gives the element a form. This is like asking if Fire is taller than Water. Makes no sense.

yeah youre right this arguement old
    4 precision chidori
    for alot of damage rasengan

Okay...let's see. I can't say seeing a wind vs lightning thread is unexpected because...well we're in the Naruto forum. But...seriously...what is the debate about? Which is sharper?

In any case, I've changed the thread title to "Elemental Showdown" so all discussion of elements goes here. This is to prevent other x vs x threads so if you want to talk about fire vs earth or wood vs water it can go here.
    -Spade

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by gdupninja View Post
    yeah youre right this arguement old
    4 precision chidori
    for alot of damage rasengan
    guys sorry i didn't know this tread was started before i just joined late last month so am kind new here, so easy

Who thinks about Wood v Ice ?

Which is better?

Personaly i think wood because, of defence and the ability to make projectiles that can come out your body.(seriously, Why doesn't Yamato ever shoot wood kunai out his body?)

P.S. Thank you Spade for making this topic more broad. Truly, you are wise.
    The Sharingan. Two must battle over it. One will survive.

Naruto Rocks!