Thread: Tytania

Hybrid View

pouring like an avalanche, coming down the mountain

Tytania

In a future where mankind is scattered across the stars, the Tytania family has forged a large empire through intimidation and economic might. In the year 446, the city-state of EURIA rebels against the tyranny of Tytania control. Their isolated act of rebellion sets into motion a sequence of events that strains the careful alliances and treaties within the empire, as various factions seek to exploit the situation to their own advantage. In the ensuing turmoil, ambitious members of the Tytania Royalty begin moving against each other in an effort to settle old grievances and seize control of the family. What started as an act of rebellion in Euria, quickly expands into a civil war - with the wealth and power of the empire up for grabs to whoever is bold enough to seize it.

Based on a novel-inspired manga series written by TANAKA Yoshiki and illustrated GANTETSU, serialized in Shonen Sirius (Kodansha)

This has been described as being a complicated space opera or epic. The original story was published as a series of three novels (1988 thru 1991), and is open ended - as in no conclusion or ending was ever published!!

The series uses the same director (Noboru Ishiguro) and animation company (Artland) as the space-epic Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
    -AniDB

ANBU's doing it, and they're doing a fine job so far
    http://www.baka-updates.com/groups.php?title=ANBU

If you are not watching this show, you are doing something wrong.

It's about time the serious large-scale space opera genre got another decent addition to its ranks. If you enjoyed Legend of the Galactic Heroes, you'll eat this one right up. If you're a Narutard, don't bother.

My personal favorite of the new season. ... except

edit - except after watching Casshern SINS, there is no way I can say this show is on that level. Casshern SINS is fucking awesome.
    Last edited by masamune; 01-19-2009 at 10:52 AM.

The Earth has great beauty. The animals known as humans have acquired such strength that they even think about controlling this planet for themselves. From the point of a planet's life, the life of a living thing lasts no more than an instant. But, in the end, it is only themselves that humans can think of.

It seems like a good series if epically paced. Doesn't cry out awesomeness like the earlier Legend of Galactic Heroes but seems pretty good so far.

I guess I am spoiled after LOGH its hard to match in the "epic space opera" category.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Meh, I saw this once... I just don't like it. :(

I'm not ready for such style.

I am absolutely loving the politics in this show. It's rare that I can find a manga/anime with politics in it.

I absolutely do not trust Jouslain. You can see all of the bad qualities in the other Dukes, but Jouslain is too trustworthy for me not to be skeptical of him. I'd rather trust Zarlish because at least it's obvious what his intentions are. Jouslain seems too innocent not to be manipulative.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan