Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Liked reading your piece too. I wonder it is likely that this whole myth is well known to the Japanese readers and we in the west are the ones surprised by it.
    Thanks. Yes I know... It said this Yamata myth is one of the most well known myths in Japan.

The only doubt in my mind is whether or not Kishimoto will stay true to mythology and let Oro come back, and play a meaningful part in the story.
    I truly hope so, many evidence point to him arriving abck to the story to play his last part. But you know, Kishi loves to be unpredictable.. He may screw over all of this..

Another intriguing thought is what would happen when Oro takes over Kabuto completely. Would Oro revert to to his preternatural state of being un-wanting, un-needing, un-eating, un-moving, in other words essentially a mindless beast. Or would his soul be drawn back from the Genjutsu of susanoo's sword?

It is dissapointing how such a fearsome legendary creature was dispatched so un-ceremoniously. Anyway this is Kishi's story, and Kishi will tell it as he wishes.
    That is one of my biggest fear concerning this manga. If Orochimaru or Kabuto comes back as different entity as he once was then I would think it would be a total wast. Another great possibility is that Kabuto might be back being complete monster. A specie of his own. I would hate it but it would sorta fit the story in some way..

One of the few reasons I read this manga have soemthing to do with Orochimaru besides Naruto becoming a Hokage. If the manga loses him permanently I would certainly not be interested in the manga as I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommeh View Post
    Good thread for a good character
    That means something coming from a Itachi fan, thanks.

Good to hear. Though I would prefer you leaving out "One of your better threads"...
    My usual topic threads and my theories are far from each other. My threads are meant to be discussable .. While my theories are much cleaner.

Thanks for everyone who liked it and bothered to comment it^^

Very nice theory Freakshow. I love how kishi incorporates the japanese mythology into his manga so seamlessly. I too think that Oro deserves to come back and to go out in one epic fight.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Liked reading your piece too. I wonder it is likely that this whole myth is well known to the Japanese readers and we in the west are the ones surprised by it.

The only doubt in my mind is whether or not Kishimoto will stay true to mythology and let Oro come back, and play a meaningful part in the story.

Another intriguing thought is what would happen when Oro takes over Kabuto completely. Would Oro revert to to his preternatural state of being un-wanting, un-needing, un-eating, un-moving, in other words essentially a mindless beast. Or would his soul be drawn back from the Genjutsu of susanoo's sword?

It is dissapointing how such a fearsome legendary creature was dispatched so un-ceremoniously. Anyway this is Kishi's story, and Kishi will tell it as he wishes.
    Nice post. Heres what's interesting about this. What kabuto did is in no way very consistent with real life cloning practices. So how I see it whatever Kishi does will be his own accord on this part and not highly scientific. Here's how i'm thinking itll work. He will remember everything orochimaru knew, excluding after the transfer ritual finished. So he wont remember the Deidara fight, or Itachi fight. But maybe Orochimaru will become how the 3rd wanted him to be. We just don't know. I don't believe it's Kishi's story. I think it's everyone elses story told in Kishi's perspective ^^.

Also great theory FS
    PEIN IS OBITO CLICK THIS TO SEE THE PROOF!!

Statistics show I am an idiot

Orochimaru, the man who almost stopped Akatsuki from being formed.
    Spoiler!

Very good read. It seems to be more of a back story than a theory. Good job.

Initiate
    Look at the right arm of the girl, what do u think??

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page008.html

If that's the same symbol, and the thery is right Orochimaru its not the only one.

Wow Freakshow I actually liked one of your Orochimaru threads!

nice read. makes perfect sense and fits in with the manga. great job

twitter.com/jedijuck

Thanks^^

Quote Originally Posted by pcc19 View Post
    Look at the right arm of the girl, what do u think??

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page008.html

If that's the same symbol, and the thery is right Orochimaru its not the only one.
    Anbu.

But If I had to guess closest "someone" from the manga, it would be this lady:

She just has that nature.. But still rather unlikely.
    Last edited by Freakshow; 11-16-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Initiate
    Thanx for the aclaration, really I didnt notice that before.