Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 90

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Sasuke's Decision to leave Oro, Right or Wrong?

    I've been thinking. Sasuke knows Oro cant beat itachi, even when oro is %100. Yet sasuke still killed oro in his WEAKEST state. now he is chasing after itachi. I dont see the logic in that. If sasuke knows he cant beat oro at full strength, then what makes him think he can beat itachi at full? He kills oro in his weakest state then goes after a healthy itachi. I dont think that shows his confidence in his abilities to take down Itachi.

    I know some of you will argue that he only left cause oro was gonna takeover his body etc..etc... Thats not true because sasuke clearly states he has nothing more to learn from oro. I HIGHLY DOUBT that since oro is a damn legendary sannin, No way could he thought all the jutsu's in 3 years. If you argue he left because he didnt want his body to takeover, well doesn't that show fear of oro? Or he left because oro was very weak. Well nothing like a lil medicine wont do a temporary fix, you seen how oro was when fought naruto. So i dont see the other arguement of him leaving because oro was to weak to teach. If he was really confident in taking down itachi, he should of been able to handle oro no problem. I dont see the logic behind sasuke's thinking. Anyone care to explain?

  2. #2
    so shall it be elm13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    146
    think of it this way...itachi was somewhat afraid to fight jiraiya..but orochimaru thinks jiraiya as a weak shinobi..what does that imply? for every situation..we can't refer to something like if a shinobi B can't beat shinobi A..then, shinobi C, who was defeated by shinobi B, can't defeat shinobi A...there are cases wherein one shinobi is just the exact opposite or the exact weakness of a powerful shinobi...just my thoughts^^
    "thy will be done"

  3. #3
    We don't know for sure if Sasuke is weaker than Orochimaru. We know Oro's body transfer jutsu doesn't work on Sasuke, and that Sasuke said he has learned everything Oro could possibly taught him. There is NO reason why he should stay. He could learn nothing else, and Oro just wanted to take over his body; so why the hell would he stay? I personally thing he is slightly stronger than Oro, hence why he is looking for Itachi (not sure if he is ready for Itachi yet, though).

    If you argue he left because he didnt want his body to takeover, well doesn't that show fear of oro? Or he left because oro was very weak. Well nothing like a lil medicine wont do a temporary fix, you seen how oro was when fought naruto. So i dont see the other arguement of him leaving because oro was to weak to teach.
    Uhh... are you suggesting that Sasuke is supposed to stay there and let Oro take over his body? Oro was weak and Sasuke knew it was his best chance of getting rid of him quickly. It wasn't about fear, it was about survival.

    I don't get your point, really. Of course Sasuke's decision to leave was wise, it was the only logical thing to do.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    you said that sasuke left becuz he felt that oro couldn't teach him anymore but how do you know that that wasn't a cover up for his true ideas. itachi told sasuke he killed the clan in order to test his potential. how can you prove that that was really his reason. i think sasuke's true intention from the start was to gain strength from oro and then kill him. you might ask where's the proof and it's in his fight with oro. when he was talking to oro he said what was your reason for switching bodies again right it was to find out the truth of the world. then there was a flash back to the uchiha clan massacre and itachi says he killed the clan to test his power. then sasuke says that oro disgusts him becuz he manipulated people's lives in order to achieve his own selfish goals. in other words sasuke doesn't see a difference between oro and itachi. now ask yourself this would sasuke give up his body to itachi. hell no. sasuke killed oro cuz he was just like itachi. finally you said that orochimaru at his healthiest state couldn't kill itachi but you're forgetting that he didn't have the sharingan so he didn't stand a chance and that's why he wanted sasuke. sasuke has the sharingan and was trained by orochimaru for three years so i think he stands a chance. whether he'll win or not is another matter but personally i don't think he can defeat itachi. but you have to realize that sasuke's only goal is to kill itachi and restore his clan. so right now sasuke believes that he is able to do it and we just found out that he absorbed orochimaru's abilities so i think that'll probably boost his confidence.
    Why would sasuke would lie to oro bout his real motive? he wanted kill him, Why would you lie to someone you are about to kill? that doesnt make sense. And your basing a lot of your opinion of assumption. Im gonna have to agree with elm on this one. But Still sasuke truly wanted to make sure he can beat itachi at full strength, He should of fought oro when he wasn't weak. Seems like sasuke is taking a huge risk. W/o the MS, Itachi will always pwn sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by fawad=naruto View Post
    it was a right decision i doubt he would have gotten stronger and he would have gotten jealous of naruto if he left the village and would leave anyway
    Im talking about when sasuke killed oro, not to go to train with him

    Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    I just think Sasuke know he cant surpass Itachi but he is so damn obessesed he also knows even if weaker this is his best he will ever be.. and has a platoon .. so his chances have increased a bit..
    Umm im sure he doesnt want his platoon to kill itachi, sasuke wants to kill him by himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by anime_gal View Post
    We don't know for sure if Sasuke is weaker than Orochimaru. We know Oro's body transfer jutsu doesn't work on Sasuke, and that Sasuke said he has learned everything Oro could possibly taught him. There is NO reason why he should stay. He could learn nothing else, and Oro just wanted to take over his body; so why the hell would he stay? I personally thing he is slightly stronger than Oro, hence why he is looking for Itachi (not sure if he is ready for Itachi yet, though).


    Uhh... are you suggesting that Sasuke is supposed to stay there and let Oro take over his body? Oro was weak and Sasuke knew it was his best chance of getting rid of him quickly. It wasn't about fear, it was about survival.

    I don't get your point, really. Of course Sasuke's decision to leave was wise, it was the only logical thing to do.
    Yes sasuke is weaker then oro at full strenght, Sasuke even admits he only won because oro was in his weakened state. Did you read my post? I said there is no way oro could of thought him all the jutsu he knows in 3 years. He is a damn sannin. Btw read the topic on Oro is stronger then sasuke, which will explain why oro is stronger.

    No I am not suggesting anything. Clearly you haven't read my post, How can oro takeover sasuke body when you urself state that sasuke is stronger? your contradicting yourself, you cant take control of someone when you weaker then the other guy. I think he could of learned much more from Oro. IF and thats a big If. he let stayed and trained with oro, he wouldnt have to worry about oro taking over his body because sasuke would be stronger and can easily over power him. But it is shown sasuke would of got pwned by oro when healthy. If he cant take down oro, i dont think he can take down itachi.

    think of it this way...itachi was somewhat afraid to fight jiraiya..but orochimaru thinks jiraiya as a weak shinobi..what does that imply? for every situation..we can't refer to something like if a shinobi B can't beat shinobi A..then, shinobi C, who was defeated by shinobi B, can't defeat shinobi A...there are cases wherein one shinobi is just the exact opposite or the exact weakness of a powerful shinobi...just my thoughts^^
    Best explanation so far, But i think orochimaru ALWAYS took jiraiya lightly, you can see that in the flashbacks. I personally think Jirariya is the strongest of the sannin,
    Last edited by Zetta; 08-06-2007 at 02:35 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member iron_maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    Why would sasuke would lie to oro bout his real motive? he wanted kill him, Why would you lie to someone you are about to kill? that doesnt make sense. And your basing a lot of your opinion of assumption. Im gonna have to agree with elm on this one. But Still sasuke truly wanted to make sure he can beat itachi at full strength, He should of fought oro when he wasn't weak. Seems like sasuke is taking a huge risk. W/o the MS, Itachi will always pwn sasuke
    if you take a better look you'll realize that what i was trying to stress was that sasuke's true motives for leaving orochimaru was the fact that orochimaru was similar to itachi. he felt that both of them had manipulated the lives of people just to accomplish their selfish desires. sasuke doesn't only say that he doesn't have anything to learn from orochimaru but he feels disgusted with his methods of achieving power. i never said that sasuke lied to orochimaru i just said that he killed orochimaru becuz he was like itachi. i think from the speech sasuke gave oro before killing him, oro would have been able to know that sasuke killed him becuz of his methods of gaining power.


    CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    if you take a better look you'll realize that what i was trying to stress was that sasuke's true motives for leaving orochimaru was the fact that orochimaru was similar to itachi. he felt that both of them had manipulated the lives of people just to accomplish their selfish desires. sasuke doesn't only say that he doesn't have anything to learn from orochimaru but he feels disgusted with his methods of achieving power. i never said that sasuke lied to orochimaru i just said that he killed orochimaru becuz he was like itachi. i think from the speech sasuke gave oro before killing him, oro would have been able to know that sasuke killed him becuz of his methods of gaining power.
    All your arguements are clearly based on assumptions, Just read your own writing below to prove my point. A COVERUP? why would cover-up your true ideas to someone your about to kill? thats pretty pointless and idiotic. What your stating is pure opinion on what believer to be the "true motives". Hmm wouldnt that make sasuke a hypocrite? and your explanation doesnt provide why he killed him at that moment since u say he is covering up his true motives.

    you said that sasuke left becuz he felt that oro couldn't teach him anymore but how do you know that that wasn't a cover up for his true ideas. itachi told sasuke he killed the clan in order to test his potential. how can you prove that that was really his reason. i think sasuke's true intention from the start was to gain strength from oro and then kill him.

  7. #7
    Senior Member iron_maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    I've been thinking. Sasuke knows Oro cant beat itachi, even when oro is %100. Yet sasuke still killed oro in his WEAKEST state. now he is chasing after itachi. I dont see the logic in that. If sasuke knows he cant beat oro at full strength, then what makes him think he can beat itachi at full? He kills oro in his weakest state then goes after a healthy itachi. I dont think that shows his confidence in his abilities to take down Itachi.

    I know some of you will argue that he only left cause oro was gonna takeover his body etc..etc... Thats not true because sasuke clearly states he has nothing more to learn from oro. I HIGHLY DOUBT that since oro is a damn legendary sannin, No way could he thought all the jutsu's in 3 years. If you argue he left because he didnt want his body to takeover, well doesn't that show fear of oro? Or he left because oro was very weak. Well nothing like a lil medicine wont do a temporary fix, you seen how oro was when fought naruto. So i dont see the other arguement of him leaving because oro was to weak to teach. If he was really confident in taking down itachi, he should of been able to handle oro no problem. I dont see the logic behind sasuke's thinking. Anyone care to explain?
    you said that sasuke left becuz he felt that oro couldn't teach him anymore but how do you know that that wasn't a cover up for his true ideas. itachi told sasuke he killed the clan in order to test his potential. how can you prove that that was really his reason. i think sasuke's true intention from the start was to gain strength from oro and then kill him. you might ask where's the proof and it's in his fight with oro. when he was talking to oro he said what was your reason for switching bodies again right it was to find out the truth of the world. then there was a flash back to the uchiha clan massacre and itachi says he killed the clan to test his power. then sasuke says that oro disgusts him becuz he manipulated people's lives in order to achieve his own selfish goals. in other words sasuke doesn't see a difference between oro and itachi. now ask yourself this would sasuke give up his body to itachi. hell no. sasuke killed oro cuz he was just like itachi. finally you said that orochimaru at his healthiest state couldn't kill itachi but you're forgetting that he didn't have the sharingan so he didn't stand a chance and that's why he wanted sasuke. sasuke has the sharingan and was trained by orochimaru for three years so i think he stands a chance. whether he'll win or not is another matter but personally i don't think he can defeat itachi. but you have to realize that sasuke's only goal is to kill itachi and restore his clan. so right now sasuke believes that he is able to do it and we just found out that he absorbed orochimaru's abilities so i think that'll probably boost his confidence.


    CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

  8. #8
    Regular Member fawad=naruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    227
    it was a right decision i doubt he would have gotten stronger and he would have gotten jealous of naruto if he left the village and would leave anyway

  9. #9
    Veteran Member luimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,121
    I just think Sasuke know he cant surpass Itachi but he is so damn obessesed he also knows even if weaker this is his best he will ever be.. and has a platoon .. so his chances have increased a bit..

  10. #10
    Veteran Member luimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,121
    im pretty sure he would love to kill itachi 1-1 but thats impossible.. which is why he got a platoon

Similar Threads

  1. A theory that has been proven wrong.
    By Stray-Samurai in forum Naruto
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 12:15 AM
  2. Did u know sasuke's in the bingo book?
    By blancwolf in forum Naruto
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
  3. Sasuke's Eyes
    By The Wicked in forum Naruto
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
  4. Sasuke's version of the Mangekyo Sharingan
    By blancwolf in forum Naruto
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •