I think Pain has an army of bodies.

I was thinking about the descriptions we've recieved about Pain, how he ended the civil war, and slaughtered all those people connected to the old regime. How the ninja described it to jiraiya, it sounded almost like it had happened all at the same time.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...9/page014.html

How could this be possible, unless Pain had a Space/Time ninjutsu like Madara apparently does. But then, in the recent issue, we see this:

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...4/page006.html

Which implies that there are a lot more bodies than just the six he actively uses. Maybe Pain has an entire army of bodies he could activate if necessary, which he used to end the war decisively. Maybe he limits himself to 6 for most affairs to maintain the whole Bhuddist realms theme he has going on. And if the Leaf manages to launch a counter-attack agaisnt Pain's stronghold, now that they know the location, Pain unleashes this entire army of bodies agaisnt them all, maybe not as strong as his realm-bodies, but all coordinated perfectly with one mind.

What I got from the ninja Jiraiya was talking to was that Pein killed off Hanzou first and then worked his way down the ladder, getting to people one group at a time. Not that he did all that at the same time.

Anyway, I think Pein can only use 6 bodies at one time. So just like with the Animal Realm body being replaced, those dead bodies are all replacements just in case he loses one.

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    He has six.

God isn't greedy, six is enough.

Nope, he only has 6 bodies at any given time. Six paths represent the six realms, it'd be stupid if he could activate hundred bodies, it would ruin the whole reincarnation theme. Afro's right as usual, all the rest are only replacement bodies.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Naruto

I think he does have an army waiting but he cant use it because he doesnt have enough chakra to control more than 6. This is where the tailed beast come in since they have an infinite supply of chakra he can use that chakra to activate all the other bodies he has stock piled. Now imagine a whole army that has the Rin'nengan that is complete tactical domination, a whole army moving as one with one field of vision, shit and maybe even 5 different elemental chakra's each; aint no villiage gonna be able to touch that. Atleast thats wat Pain thinks is the plan, but we always know the real leader in the shadows has another plan(Madarra), its most likely gonna be a show down between Madarra and Pain after they have their much anticipated battles with Naruto, Sasgay.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Dragon View Post
    He has six.

God isn't greedy, six is enough.
    I love this quote, lol.

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    What I got from the ninja Jiraiya was talking to was that Pein killed off Hanzou first and then worked his way down the ladder, getting to people one group at a time. Not that he did all that at the same time.

Anyway, I think Pein can only use 6 bodies at one time. So just like with the Animal Realm body being replaced, those dead bodies are all replacements just in case he loses one.
    It is most likely that Pain only can use 6 at a time, and most likely that he has a storage of corpses. It might be possible that the true Pain (as Jiraya said was not among them 6) is sitting in the Cave with pain corpses managing them.

I see it like this:
    Rinnengan can use all jutsus, and all kinds of chakra types.
    So, as Sasori, we thought he had only one puppet then it appeared he had more. And he even had the Sand Hokage and was able to use his iron sand jutsu. And what makes the theory that Pain can do anything at once is: Sasori even had a army of puppets that he said can take over an village.

I mean , Naruto if he perfect the Kuyubi as eight tails.. he could send out millions of shadow clones at once and throw the rasengan shuriken to defeat a village =). Well, you might get the point already,
    Pain as it seems is undefeatable if he has the ability to control the corpses from a far range.

No hard feelings but One Piece is the Manga NO 1 for now

Yes, Pain has an army of bodies, but only six are used at a time, and that appears to be his limit.

Plus, having 6 at a time goes with the "sage of six paths" theme. Each body has its own unique ability, or path. It wouldn't make much sense if Pain used, let's say, 100 bodies, because paths would then be duplicated, and that would go against Pain's "6 paths of pain".

Also, if he were able to utilize more bodies, wouldn't he have done so in his invasion of Konoha?

I would think he is limited to six by his chakra capacity. I figured that was the reason he went to the lab in Konoha to collect the chakra receivers: his chakra was flowing into nothing, so he probably wanted to get rid of them. And hell, if his combination of six has kept him undefeated for this long, he probably doesn't need more.

Mind f*cked beyond repair Stev3child's Avatar
    I dont think he has many bodies in his possesion atm. But potwentially alll he has to do is keep getting corpses and hes practically immortal.