Alternative title:
斷口 Dan Gu (Korean)
Shaman Warrior (English)

Genres: Seinen | Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Drama

# of Chapters: 34

Vintage: 2003
SYNOPSIS
From Baka-Updates
Manshin-musas, or "Shaman Warriors", can harness the spirits of animals and garner their strength to wreck havoc. Yarang is one of the strongest Manshin-musas who has been given a position as a government official for his valor in war. Plenty of blood and gore.

Presented in the original Korean format, Shaman Warrior is a dramatic fantasy series with a kinetic style that will appeal to fans of Blade of the Immortal and Vagabond! From the desert wastelands emerge two mysterious warriors, master manshin-musa Yarang and his faithful servant Batu. On a grave mission from their king, they have yet to realize the whirlwind of political movements and secret plots which will soon engulf them and change their lives forever. When Yarang is mortally injured, Batu must fulfill a secret promise to leave Yarang's side and protect his master's child. As Batu seeks to find and hide the infant, Yarang reveals another secret to those who have tracked him down to finish him off--the deadly, hidden power of a Shaman Warrior!
Dangu is an awesome series that definitely deserves more spotlight then what it's getting now. The story is heavily influenced by politics and everything that goes with it, corruption, wars, etc. Following the captivating story is the sheer beauty of the artwork. Think of Berserk and Shamo's artwork combined together, that's the artwork you would get for Dangu. The characters are also all very interesting as is the main basis for everything this manwha evolves around.

A friend introduced me to this series about three weeks ago and I immediately fell in love with it. When my friend introduced me to this series he told me that four volumes of Dangu were scanlated, but they never scanlated anymore due to it being licensed by Dark Horse Comics. Now they stopped scanlating this series about 2 years ago when it got it's license, so me going into this series was risky because I hated reading works that I couldn't finish(Zombie Powder anyone?). But I still got myself into it and I loved every minute of it. Once I finished the fourth volume I was pissed because no more volumes have been scanlated in two years, and almost regretted reading this manwha because it left me wanting more, oh so much more. Much to my surprise about two weeks ago another scanlator picked up this manwha and started up where the last scanlator, NexGear, left off after the fourth volume. This news was met which much happiness and jumping for joy. If your a fan of any of the genres this manwha is listed under, then I implore you to read it. You surely won't be disappointed.

DOWNLOADS
Dangu - Volume 01 (Chapter 001-007)
Dangu - Volume 02 (Chapter 008-015)
Dangu - Volume 03 (Chapter 016-023)
Dangu - Volume 04 (Chapter 024-031)
Dangu - Volume 05 (Chapter 032-034)
*Note - Dangu is a manwha(Korean comic book) so it's read from left to right.