Busou Renkin ~ Watsuki Nobuhiro

has anyone read it? you should
    the summary is:
    a 16 year old boy, kazuki mutou, is walking home from school by an old abandoned factory. he sees a girl about his age who is getting attacked by a strange giant-snake-ish monster. being the reckless idiot he is, he jumps in to save the girl, getting killed. he is revived by her, tokiko tsumura, who gives him another chance at life by replacing his pierced, thus dead, heart with a kakugane, a work of alchemy. he starts to fight with the girl against these monsters. he is soon presented with a choice: become a renkin warrior and protect humans from the homunculi, or impossibly keep going on with his normal school life. and then the story keeps going.

its by the author of rurouni kenshin, and has a bit of alchemy in it, though its absolutely nothing like fullmetal alchemist. in japan, all ten volumes are complete, though on onemanga there's only 39 chapters so far. onemanga isnt exactly uploading anymore, or so i think TT_TT
    Ships are safe at harbor
    But that's not why ships are built

Currently reading:
    Bleach - Fullmetal Alchemist - Psyren

ive only seen the anime, twas very nice tho and loved the opening song

heres the link: http://www.onemanga.com/Busou_Renkin/

mm i wouldnt know about the songs--im not an anime person
    Ships are safe at harbor

Currently reading:

loved it. kinda cliche how he just happened to get so strong, but i loved how it all came together. gotta say it definitely is worth a read/watch

well, in a lot of shounen mangas the main characters are guys who are really stupid and/or stubborn and/or dont use their brains as much as they should/can yet are really freaky strong. but thats what makes it interesting.
    Ships are safe at harbor

Currently reading:

I just wish people would translate the stuff past Chapter 39. It really sucks being stuck at such a cliffhanger.

Busou Renkin

Well, I know on Mangafox Busou Renkin is further than chapter 39...Seems to be at chapter 54 atm (last updated Oct. 29, 2008). While I dislike using mangafox myself, it is the only site I have found that has the series that far along so you might want to check it out.

Here is the start page for the series: http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/s.../busou_renkin/

I love anything done by watsuki Nobuhiro I think he is a absolutle genius( he had Oda and Hiroukei Takei*shaman king* as assistants so yeah thts saying something already lol) and I think Busou Renkin was probably my 4th favorite series when I first read it and now that I saw this thread Ill go read it again lol.

http://bwys.org/index.php

For people who want pretty high quality stuff too!