Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Zetman ~ Masakazu Katsura

Zetman by Masakazu Katsura

Summary from Wikipedia:
    The story starts off with a face-off between two rival heroes, ZET and Alphas, and then traces their origins - Jin Kanzaki, a young man born/created with the ability to transform into a superhuman being known as ZET, and Kouga Amagi, a young man with a strong sense of justice who uses technology to fight as Alphas.

The fates of these two men and those around them intertwine as they fight to protect mankind and destroy monstrous abominations known as Players, who ironically are the creations of the Amagi Corporation, the company founded by Kouga's grandfather, Mitsugai Amagi.

I read the first few parts to this manga and wasn't able to put it down! It's awesome. Does anyone know if anything has been published past issue 80? I think Jin is one of my new heroes (he does get the ladies old or young).
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 02-11-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added info

Can't say I even heard of this title. Mind telling me a little bit about the plot?

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks
    Shamo || Vinland Saga || Mirai Nikki || Dangu || Tokyo Red Hood

Quote Originally Posted by Jink View Post
    Can't say I even heard of this title. Mind telling me a little bit about the plot?
    LInk to some of the Manga here: http://stoptazmo.com/zetman/

Plot via Mangadownload.net:

Jin, a young boy living on the streets with his grandfather, spends his days taking lessons from his grandpa and money from people he saves in the city. The boy is content in his existence until a, "player," shows up, costing the grandfather his life and leaving Jin with one last hard lesson to learn. It is a difficult road ahead for the boy with the angel's ring on his hand.

It's a superhero manga that definantly falls into the Seinen category.

Sounds nice. I'll have to give it a try later on because I can't say I understand that plot description much. =P

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

The plot's ... kinda vague. Lots of action, monster-fighting... hints at a typical superhero-plot. But only 7 volumes, so I have no idea where it's trying to go half the time.
    But it's not bad, and the art is tight.

^Sounds pretty enjoyable. Going to Lurk to download some volumes now. =P

READ RIKI-OH
    Jink's Manga Picks

I thought the plot was interesting, there is a lot going on. I just hope more is going to come out. If the comprehensive Seinen thread I have been reading all of the manga listed at different points and this is one that hooked me.

i've also been searching for chapters past 80 but i can't find anything. it's kinda annoying i haven't read zetman in a while. hopefully a new chapter is released pretty soon.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

this was posted on the Evil_Genius website (the group that does the fansub for Zetman and other Seinen).
    "There won't be any new translations until the next volume comes out." (post on June 8th, 2007) Because they don't want to work with the Raw that is available to them... or something like that.

u jetman is a very gd anime for an adult audience. kids might not like the whole gore n stuff that happens, but the characters r really developed well throught the few 80 chapters out. Anyone who like the idea of a dark hero will love this. Jin one of the best superhuman characters out there in my opinion