61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do agree..

11 18.03%
  • No, I disagree..

50 81.97%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Wall of text alert!!! ............Just joking

This is for those who are interested in knowing this, for some this is difficult to understand how the sannin got "beat" by 11 year old Itachi, and for some it's obvious defeat. This will hopefully give you a bit insight on that matter.

In this penal Orochimaru decided to challange Uchiha Itachi.

-"11 year old Itachi defeated Orochimaru in one penal" Or "Orochimaru is weak to Genjutsu"...

This is perhaps the most popular statement ever used on forums when discussing Orochimaru's strength or failures..

Well, aside from the fact that Itachi is a prodigy, and the best Genjutsu-user we've seen in the Manga, I'll point out two major problems with this picture:

Firstly, the top-left panel - Orochimaru is bringing his hands together to "Kai" out of the Genjutsu. Why am I so sure he would escape it, rather than just fail like Naruto did? Because of what happened next - Itachi cut off his hand. Itachi isn't a showy, taunting person. He's cold and efficient - why would he cut off Orochimaru's hand, unless Orochimaru was going to escape?

Look closely..

What does this show? It shows that Orochimaru can escape Sharingan Genjutsu. Take in mind the distance as well, shown more clearly on the middle panel of this page. There's a bit over a meter there, no wonder Itachi closed the distance so quickly and cut off Orochimaru's hand!

Now, if there was more distance, then wouldn't Orochimaru escape and be able to counter-attack Itachi? Or, just regenerate the hand, removing what was once a crippling injury to him?

The hand was important as Ive pointed out in this thread; The Void

It's obvious isn't it? Mission failed in gaining Itachi's body, that doesn't say Orochimaru would've lost or got defeated. For many this is common sense..
    But for some this is totally unarguable and is fact that because Oro fled at that moment he was "defeated".

I'm trying to say that Orochimaru is stronger than Itachi - it is fairly conclusive that he is weaker than Itachi, but I don't think Itachi can defeat him as easily as he "has" in the past.

If you disagree, then so be it.. Just be glad he got defeated with Susano'o later in the manga. To be honest, who wouldn't be defeated by that swords...?

So when people say... "HEHE Oro got defeated whot you talking about"..

For a man who killed two Kage and one of them is no one less than the Sandaime Hokage, also know as God of shinob, later on laughed down KN4, and has made other notable people shit their pants, I wouldn't use that against him... >_>
    But I remember Orochimaru said Itachi beat him :/

Itachi wanted to gain Sasuke's body because he wanted to defeat Itachi, since he himself didn't stand a chance against him. Orochimaru failed in getting Itachi's eyes, isn't it the same as not being able to defeat Itachi => from this we can imply that at the age of 11 Itachi was already stronger, we can clearly see how Orochimaru was trembling like a kid when he got caught in the genjutsu.

Freakshow, what do you mean by defeat anyway? If for you it means to be able to stay alive, to be able to escape and not being able to lay a finger on your opponent, then Oro wasn't defeated. But if you mean in terms of power, then it's obvious who the winner was: Itachi casted a genjutsu, Oro got caught, tried to "kai" but failed and got his hand cut. After that Oro on his knees trembling before Itachi.Itachi didn't even bother to do anything anymore, Oro was already aware that he didn't stand a chance, that's why he didn't even try to do anything, like regenerating his arm( though we don't know if he could at that time yet)

@Freakshow
    I simply said that Orochimaru would got pwned every single time by Itachi if they fought, cuz Itachi is superior to Orochimaru and there is evidence.

Itachi's eye's were to much for Oro. If he didnt use genjutsu then he wouldnt have won, but if thats the case you would have to take away Oro ninjutsu to make it a fair exchange, in which case Itachi would still win (Susano vs no Ninjutsu)....I also think Genjutsu was/is the only way Itachi could beat Oro, which makes me think that truely Oro is stronger. Itachi was smart, cutting off Oro hand before Oro could release hisself. Because if he didnt, it would've got messy. Itachi would have tried Amaterasu, but Oro would've escaped the same way Saskue did....at this point Ithaci would be that much short on Chakra...Ithachi would've then had to resort to Susano....which drains his life force, but he probably could've taken Oro out before he eventually killed over.
    Take your pick! Either way you'll get Owned!

the thing is its not about what could have happened, its what really happened. and what we have been shown in the manga is that itachi beat oro. so its of no use to say that if things would have gone differently oro would have won.

besides that, oro said itachi was stronger than him. then sasuke told naruto that itachi was stronger than himself and oro. after that we saw the evidence, when kishi showed us the evidence, which is the panel Freakshow linked in which we see oro scared and cowering. to add insult to injury, in their last encounter oro came out with his strongest technique and got beat by itachi's susano (hax-technique) and sealed forever.

im thinking even if kabutomaru comes back it shouldnt be orochimaru, but a combination of both characters.

Would orochimaru be able to beat itachi back them if itachi dint cut off his hand that is something nobody know and kishi have make very clear itachi full potential wasnt show that itachi was stronger than orochimaru,what more evidence is needed that oro and sasuke word that kishi make them to said.Sure stats doesnt mean that much but when some one have already beat you and he have better stats that you that mean he is really stronger than you so itachi have both better stats and a 2 victories over oro he even frustrate oro plan of taking over sasuke.

Seeing your reply's Freakshow. Do you really believe that a full strength Orochimaru could beat a full strength Itachi? Itachi has high speed, he has mastered his sharingan perfectly. Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu are very letal. (Then you have Susanoo wich eveyone brags about, but I don't really like this technique. His weapons are the power, not the Susanoo himself). Orochimaru has shown he is very skilled, but I doubt he is strong enough to beat Itachi.

@Your statement about Orochimaru not having a killing intent at that moment; Yes true he had no killing intent, but I am positive that Itachi didn't plan on killing Orochimaru too. Itachi hasn't shown a will to kill in the manga if I remember correctly.

a.k.a Action Bastard Bushido Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Sannin View Post
    Itachi's eye's were to much for Oro. If he didnt use genjutsu then he wouldnt have won, but if thats the case you would have to take away Oro ninjutsu to make it a fair exchange, in which case Itachi would still win (Susano vs no Ninjutsu)....I also think Genjutsu was/is the only way Itachi could beat Oro, which makes me think that truely Oro is stronger. Itachi was smart, cutting off Oro hand before Oro could release hisself. Because if he didnt, it would've got messy. Itachi would have tried Amaterasu, but Oro would've escaped the same way Saskue did....at this point Ithaci would be that much short on Chakra...Ithachi would've then had to resort to Susano....which drains his life force, but he probably could've taken Oro out before he eventually killed over.

Ninjutsu doesnt make you the stronger oppent their is genjutsu and taijutsu. Itachi used one of those techiques to beat Orochimaru. Why let someone use attacks when you can just stop them right away. Plus i dont think Orochimaru Ninjutsu is better than Itachi. Orochimaru might have more but its not quantity it quality

Banned
    Believe what you want to believe but the story is different then what you try to proof