View Poll Results: You're opinion..

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do agree..

    11 18.03%
  • No, I disagree..

    50 81.97%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73
  1. #51
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    I think Freakshow's assuming that Oro always had the ability to regenerate lost limbs. Or at least at that time, he had the ability to regenerate limbs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Wrong.... I didn't say always.

    Almost everyone in akatsuki is nearly immortal, assuming Orochimaru couldn't regenerate is a unlikely assumption, unless you have manga proof of course. Orochimaru sits high on the Akatsuki members, it's very unlikely for him to not have his regeneration technique.
    I say you think Oro has always been able to regenerate. And then I take into consideration that you might not think Oro always had it and say, you at least think he had the ability to regenerate at that point in time (His confrontation with Itachi when he got his hand cut off). If the first part is not correct, then you can believe the underlined part, right?

    I never said anything about Oro not having his regeneration technique during his time in Akatsuki. So unless that part of your post was directed at some other people, then I don't understand why you brought up anyone saying Oro couldn't regenerate his lost limbs. Maybe you read my post wrong.

  2. #52
    Sat in the Chair Lolz ArmChairANBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    84
    I could be completely wrong here but wasn't Itachi a captain of Konoha's Anbu at 13 years old so unless he was in Konoha and Akatsuki at the same time , which I think is unlikely, he was probably somewhere between 14-17 years old when he fought Orochimaru , lets say 16 yrs as the in the manga panel he does not look 11 years old , so he was the same age as Sasuke when he beat Oro.
    Last edited by ArmChairANBU; 10-30-2008 at 09:59 AM.

  3. #53
    Conjurer
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    saudi arabia
    Posts
    20
    I think the timeline is still pretty messed up in Naruto world. When did Orochimaru leave Konoha and joined Akatsuki and when did he leave Akatsuki? When did he acquired the seal he used to bite Sasuke's neck that also made Sasuke stronger? Maybe if Oro had that seal before he fought Itachi, maybe he had a better chance beating Itachi.

    When did Itachi left Konoha and when did he join Akatsuki? Itachi left the village after he acquired the Mangekyu sharinggan and joined the Akatsuki after killing his entire clan and leaving behind Sasuke. What age is he then coz he doesn't look like 11?

    There are still things to see and much more things to reveal. So if the manga says Oro was beaten we should believe it. I think there is always a reason it happened that way, and I hope to see a manga showing the details and background of the two; Itachi and Oro.

    In my opinion, hands down Itachi is very much stronger than Orochimaru. And Sasuke defeating Oro is just a pure luck since Oro is already in a pretty messed up situation. I believe Oro will end up finding a new source of power which will make him powerful. Powerful enough to make Naruto and Sasuke fight side by side once again.

  4. #54
    Sshheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,284
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmChairANBU View Post
    I could be completely wrong here but wasn't Itachi a captain of Konoha's Anbu at 13 years old so unless he was in Konoha and Akatsuki at the same time , which I think is unlikely, he was probably somewhere between 14-17 years old when he fought Orochimaru , lets say 16 yrs as the in the manga panel he does not look 11 years old , so he was the same age as Sasuke when he beat Oro.
    Either Itachi's age in the databook is wrong, or Kishi didn't take it into consideration when he came up with the 7/10 years gap that Akasuki mentioned in relation to Orochimaru. The fact is Akatsuki is a group of S rank criminals. And at age 11 Itachi was an exceptional shinobi, not the murderer of his clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

  5. #55
    Sat in the Chair Lolz ArmChairANBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I think the timeline is still pretty messed up in Naruto world. When did Orochimaru leave Konoha and joined Akatsuki and when did he leave Akatsuki? When did he acquired the seal he used to bite Sasuke's neck that also made Sasuke stronger? Maybe if Oro had that seal before he fought Itachi, maybe he had a better chance beating Itachi.

    When did Itachi left Konoha and when did he join Akatsuki? Itachi left the village after he acquired the Mangekyu sharinggan and joined the Akatsuki after killing his entire clan and leaving behind Sasuke. What age is he then coz he doesn't look like 11?

    There are still things to see and much more things to reveal. So if the manga says Oro was beaten we should believe it. I think there is always a reason it happened that way, and I hope to see a manga showing the details and background of the two; Itachi and Oro.

    In my opinion, hands down Itachi is very much stronger than Orochimaru. And Sasuke defeating Oro is just a pure luck since Oro is already in a pretty messed up situation. I believe Oro will end up finding a new source of power which will make him powerful. Powerful enough to make Naruto and Sasuke fight side by side once again.
    Basicaly if you go by the timeline Itachi gave sasuke : the kyubi attacked konoha 16 years ago. So naruto is now 16 years old , then entered the academy at 7 like all the kids , he graduated with sasuke at 13 , he spends 2 1/2 training with jiraiya , ( 1/2 year to rescue sasuke) the the time spent on team 7 is only 6 months and then rushed into the chunin exams ( never mind that he is supposed to fail the academy 3 times , i don't know where that fits)

  6. #56
    Everyone <3 Florox Florox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    401
    Yeah, and if it wasn't for Naruto's Rasenshuriken, he totally wouldn't have defeated Kakuzu. The point in fact is that he did, and he defeated him. Likewise, the fact that Orochimaru got his hand cut off, already means he wasn't fast enough. I mean, don't tell me that if Orochimaru is so great he can't a avoid a sharp object, which almost everyone avoids in the series; when have you seen a Kunai hit someone deep?

    " Oh no, if Itachi wouldn't have used his Genjutsu, Sasuke would've beaten him easily!"

    Similar shitty excuse. Itachi's too fast, too strong and too awesome for Orochimaru. And please, bear in mind that Itachi is one of the characters I hate the most in Naruto, and probably in the Top 5 most hated on every manga I've read.
    Just so you know, children...



    I Rule.

  7. #57
    Regular Member Vesperia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Posts
    191
    Why did you make a poll, if you're not gonna believe the results.
    There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.


  8. #58
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,528

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Well.. Sure, very plausible. The thing is it sounds like you're assuming Orochimaru stopped improving? knowing his will and desire, I wouldn't hope for that..
    If this was true why didnt he just go after Itachi and leave Sasuke be

    Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    @master.roly

    That was Oro's original body in that encounter with Itachi.
    Afro is absolutly correct and I have stated this before. Orochimaru faced Itachi with his original body. The reason it is assumed Oro could not regenerate his hand is because he held on to his Original hand and placed it in a jar. Plus he had to do the same when his hands got sealed.

    Timeframe wise it makes sense that Orochimaru took his 1st host after that encounter to regain his hands just as he did with his battles after the 3rd Hokage. When Orochimaru battled the 3rd Hokage he was asked how many host has he had he said that girl was his 2nd.
    Spoiler!


    - So doing the math 7 years ago he gets his hand cut then looks for his 1st Host ; maybe this takes months.
    - Then 3 years later he takes that girl as a host
    - Then he takes that white haired kid instead of Sasuke as a host


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  9. #59
    Sat in the Chair Lolz ArmChairANBU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    84
    Adding to my earlier post...with the unclear time line in the manga it appears that Orochimaru left Akatsuki 7-10 years ago , sasuke mets itachi as genin that makes it seven years since he killed his clan meaning itachi would now be 20 years old so all things considered itachi would have been 13-14 years old when he fought Oro ( after killing the clan member along with Madara , also madara was probably giving him some private tuitions ) and not 16 as I had earlier thought.


    Therefore to answer the OP it is not possible for Itachi to kill Oro at 11 as he was still in Konoha.

  10. #60
    Panda Member pandaofthebamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    1,447
    Itachi should have cut off Oros head so that this wouldn't even be a matter ............Uchihas like to show off to much
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •