Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I do agree..

11 18.03%
  • No, I disagree..

50 81.97%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    This is perhaps the most ignorant post ever. Sry to say it.

I'm training to not sound biased here. Cutting off Orochimaru's hand doesn't mean you defeated him, it means he can regenerate it and then the fight starts for real.

To clear things up...

1) If I remember correct, Itachi stats are > 35.5 , Oro's are > 35....
    Either way, Stats only tell you're achievement. It doesn't tell how you're act or your opponents act would go. For a man who was secretly trained by Konoha and later on joined Akatuski again trained by another Legend (Madara) it's expected of Itachi to have high stats. The thi ng is Orochimaru also have high stats.

2) For people who brought up Sasuke having a chance in defeating Oro.
    Please be serious, there is no way in hell Sasuke has chance in defeating Oro even Itachi.

3) Just because there is nowhere it states "Oro is the greatest" doesn't mean you can degrade him expecting no one to tell otherwise...
    ok.. when i say "since oro loose his hand he can do nothing" i say it for that fight only, and yes he can regenerate, but since when??? maybe back then he hasnt able to??
    if he can regenerate back then, why dont he do it and fight again??

man i really believe orochimaru is very strong, really, and i believe in stats orochimaru are stronger than itachi (although the data book says otherwise)... but when it comes to the battle it self back then... itachi clearly do the right thing...
    "Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."
    "Knowledge is power"

I think what you should be arguing instead of Oro loosing is that Itachi didn't fully win.
    Itachi had dealt damage, then Oro ran. The fight didn't finish but at the time of Oro's departure he was technically loosing(haven taken damage while not dealing any).

Lets say your in a fight, then you take one punch and run. Though you didn't loose, the fact you took 1 hit and ran people will look back on it as a defeat. That's why most people will declare it it a 1-0 Itachi.
    Far too awesome for your eyes!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by S-ClassNinja_Rich View Post
    itachi and sasuke defeated Orochimaru just get over it. Itachi even did it twice. Jutsu is not the only thing that wins a fight for a ninja, their smarts win it for them too and Itachi and Sasuke used their smartness to defeat Orochimaru. It was smart of them to cut his hands, its like that saying "Cut off the head and the bodies died" but in this case its cut off the hands and the jutsu is died. Orochimaru should have used his smarts and relized that Itachi was strong and his shrinigan was the thing that really beat. But he was to stupid and trained Sasuke (who has a shrinigan) to be strong, plus the fact he knew how Sasuke attack towards him, why even train him to become strong in ther first place. If he couldnt see Sasuke one day trying to take him on then he really is the dumbest ninja in the series. Now im not saying Orochimaru is dumb he's in my top 5 smartest people in the series but like i said if he couldnt see that one coming than he is dumb
    I agree you have a point there. oro put so many other shinobi in captivity, after attaining saskue he should have just put him into captivity like all the rest of them for a few years, oro even said in the manga after saskue attacked him that he saw it coming... which would make him an uber dumb ass for teaching and training saskue in the first place, aside from that Itachi went 2 for 2 with Orochimaru, he underestimated his opponent in both situations, 1st in attacking Itachi that way and allowing him to get himself caught in a paralyzing genjutsu, and 2nd for not dodging the sword of tosuka prolly thinking it was just some injury he would be able to recover from with no prob. in the end the fact is Orochimaru got pawned like a noob not once but twice in about 2-5 seconds each time. also fact. itachi allowed him to escape the first time, Its not like Orochimaru just simply retreated...ahahah he was allowed to live by Itachi.
    Orochimaru is a pathetic villain, he sucks Kabuto's dick Itachi's dick' saskue's dick had the 3rd seal his arms away which to a ninja is like having someone fart in your mouth and walk away facing you with a open smile. Theirs a reason why the 3rd hokage died smiling.. cuz he was thinking "damn Orochimaru! you just got pawned so bad as a ninja that move i just did is like me sitting on your face and letting a nuke of a fart go in your mouth. not even changing bodies will ever rid you of the taste of my hokage level fart in your mouth. now go home and suck Kabutos dick without hands..AHAHAHAH"
    so finally yeah orochimaru did get pwned hard like a super noob to an 11 year old Itachi and that's a Naruto manga fact. there's no disputing that since Orochimaru is dead fosho.
    "I hand out pockets full of ass whoopin to the poor" -Emperor Yatar

Quote Originally Posted by GusandoX View Post
    I agree you have a point there. oro put so many other shinobi in captivity, after attaining saskue he should have just put him into captivity like all the rest of them for a few years, oro even said in the manga after saskue attacked him that he saw it coming... which would make him an uber dumb ass for teaching and training saskue in the first place, aside from that Itachi went 2 for 2 with Orochimaru, he underestimated his opponent in both situations, 1st in attacking Itachi that way and allowing him to get himself caught in a paralyzing genjutsu, and 2nd for not dodging the sword of tosuka prolly thinking it was just some injury he would be able to recover from with no prob. in the end the fact is Orochimaru got pawned like a noob not once but twice in about 2-5 seconds each time. also fact. itachi allowed him to escape the first time, Its not like Orochimaru just simply retreated...ahahah he was allowed to live by Itachi.
    Orochimaru is a pathetic villain, he sucks Kabuto's dick Itachi's dick' saskue's dick had the 3rd seal his arms away which to a ninja is like having someone fart in your mouth and walk away facing you with a open smile. Theirs a reason why the 3rd hokage died smiling.. cuz he was thinking "damn Orochimaru! you just got pawned so bad as a ninja that move i just did is like me sitting on your face and letting a nuke of a fart go in your mouth. not even changing bodies will ever rid you of the taste of my hokage level fart in your mouth. now go home and suck Kabutos dick without hands..AHAHAHAH"
    so finally yeah orochimaru did get pwned hard like a super noob to an 11 year old Itachi and that's a Naruto manga fact. there's no disputing that since Orochimaru is dead fosho.
    LMFAO!!! Hokage level fart xD

Oh and to stay on topic if Oro was so smart he shouldn't pulled a Gai and focus don't he feet or been prepared for the Itachi/Sasuke fights(he went to Itachi and he knew Sasuke would betray him).

Well, aside from the fact that Itachi is a prodigy, and the best Genjutsu-user we've seen in the Manga, I'll point out two major problems with this picture:

Firstly, the top-left panel - Orochimaru is bringing his hands together to "Kai" out of the Genjutsu. Why am I so sure he would escape it, rather than just fail like Naruto did? Because of what happened next - Itachi cut off his hand. Itachi isn't a showy, taunting person. He's cold and efficient - why would he cut off Orochimaru's hand, unless Orochimaru was going to escape?

Look closely..

What does this show? It shows that Orochimaru can escape Sharingan Genjutsu. Take in mind the distance as well, shown more clearly on the middle panel of this page. There's a bit over a meter there, no wonder Itachi closed the distance so quickly and cut off Orochimaru's hand!

Now, if there was more distance, then wouldn't Orochimaru escape and be able to counter-attack Itachi? Or, just regenerate the hand, removing what was once a crippling injury to him?
    Well i don't disagree that people like Oro can escape SOME of Itachi's Genjutsu. I've bolded this "what if" scenario you created. I reply with why didn't he? Simple, he knows all his jutsu's are useless against the sharingan, it would be really just delaying the inevitable, It's proven twice in the manga, first with itachi (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/345/page-10/), 2nd with Sasuke (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/346/05/). Even Sasuke knows Oro can't take on Itachi

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/309/11/

It's obvious isn't it? Mission failed in gaining Itachi's body, that doesn't say Orochimaru would've lost or got defeated. For many this is common sense..
    Then what does it say? you don't run away because you know you can win...
    But for some this is totally unarguable and is fact that because Oro fled at that moment he was "defeated".
    Ok so if he wasn't defeated he was.........?

i'm trying to say that Orochimaru is'nt stronger than Itachi - it is fairly conclusive that he is weaker than Itachi, but I don't think Itachi can defeat him as easily as he "has" in the past.
    Fixed, and I agree with the last point. I believe the reason Orochimaru didn't continue fightning is he knows he would lose, but if they went all out for the heck of it, it be one hell of a fight. Fight would be over when Itachi activates the MS though

To clear things up...

1) If I remember correct, Itachi stats are > 35.5 , Oro's are > 35....
    Either way, Stats only tell you're achievement. It doesn't tell how you're act or your opponents act would go. For a man who was secretly trained by Konoha and later on joined Akatuski again trained by another Legend (Madara) it's expected of Itachi to have high stats. The thi ng is Orochimaru also have high stats.

2) For people who brought up Sasuke having a chance in defeating Oro.
    Please be serious, there is no way in hell Sasuke has chance in defeating Oro even Itachi.

3) Just because there is nowhere it states "Oro is the greatest" doesn't mean you can degrade him expecting no one to tell otherwise...
    Yea i agree with all 3 points, stats alone can't be all inclusive. People actually believe Sasuke had a chance to beat oro at full power? yea right, Sasuke admitted he wouldn't of won if he wasn't sick. http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/363/15/

Quote Originally Posted by Greed-sama View Post
    So let me get this straight, you are saying Orochimaru would of done better if he "released" the genjutsu and was able to counterattack. Instead Itachi cut off his hand which did something um... oh yeah "released" the genjutsu. Face it Orochimaru was scared, why didn't he regenerate his hand? Why didn't he try anything else? Why did he just run away? cause he knew he didn't stand a chance. There is logic in this post so don't say there is none.
    He does make a good point Freakshow,

I think what you should be arguing instead of Oro losing is that Itachi didn't fully win.
    Itachi had dealt damage, then Oro ran. The fight didn't finish but at the time of Oro's departure he was technically losing(haven taken damage while not dealing any).

Lets say your in a fight, then you take one punch and run. Though you didn't lose, the fact you took 1 hit and ran people will look back on it as a defeat. That's why most people will declare it it a 1-0 Itachi.
    If running away during a battle that YOU engaged in isn't really a "lose", what is it called then? He surely didn't win, so if you don't win, you lose. You could only have 3 options, Win, Draw or Lose. Which would do you think Oro falls under?
    Last edited by Zetta; 10-29-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

@ Freakshow

i dont whink itachi was eleven when that encounter with oro happened, but i do believe he beat oro. i believe the sharingan is orochimaru's achilles heel. i agree with u in that oro would have broken out of the genjutsu, but that doesnt matter since itachi didnt give him the oportunity to do so. why allow an opponent the chance to counter attack, when u can just take him out of the battle first?

oro made his usual cocky entrance, talking shit and all that and paid for it. while he was talking itachi got him in the genjutsu and chopped off his hand. another thing is, i dont think oro can regenerate his limbs. i havent read that in the manga yet, the only one i know can regenerate something is tsunade. if oro can regenerate, then why didnt he regenerate that hand? or why didnt he regenerate his arms after sarutobi fucked them up? oro uses really bad ass replications. just like sasuke used against itachi when itachi used amaterasu. orochimaru's replications are so cool that it complete looks like he can regenerate body parts. an example would be when he fought naruto 4tails and it seemed the kyuubi cut him in half.

all in all, i think itachi beat oro in that encounter. oro was cocky as usual, itachi took advantage of it and cut his hand off. i know that if oro would have attacked since the beggining the fight could have been really different, but at the same time itachi could have chopped off his head instead of his hand. so as far as asumptions go, either thing could have happened, but keeping it strictly facts from the manga, itachi beat oro before oro finished talking smack.

I don't think we should even bring up what if scenarios. Itachi defeated Orochimaru. It doesn't matter how, but in the end he bested the White Snake. It doesn't matter if Orochimaru wasn't at the top of his game, but there is no honor in the ninja world. Itachi beat Orochimaru and then went ahead and beat him again.

I am an Uchiha fan. There I said it.
    Now that Itachi's dead I will never get out of this genjutsu.

Don't stare directly into any of the eyes.

I think you're beating a dead horse here. Anyway, if Itachi wasn't 11 when he beat Orochimaru, at least we can all agree he was at a young age when he did since he was 17 (18?) when introduced in the manga. Also, that little flashback shows who cut off Oro's real hand. So if we were to use simple math and what we know from the manga, we can roughly guess when he first successfully used the body switch and, by proxy, find out roughly how old Itachi was at the time.

If running away during a battle that YOU engaged in isn't really a "lose", what is it called then? He surely didn't win, so if you don't win, you lose. You could only have 3 options, Win, Draw or Lose. Which would do you think Oro falls under?
    Well he fled, in loosing form, I'd say it's N/A since if he was forced to stay and fight he may have er....Well He'd still loose, this is Itachi! But he may not have got what seemed to be such an owning.

I guess he didn't defeat him completely back then but I think he could have if Orochimaru didn't retreat. He could have would have and should have killed Oro in my opinion, too bad he doesn't like confrontation and just let him leave. I still think he lost and got his ass kicked up until the point he retreated and since that's all we have to go by then yeah he was defeated.