Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Yeah me too. But I heard in a review you could make everyone Ghouls in the city and as reward from some other guy you get his home.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    I dont want to argue or something BUT this game is much like Oblivion with new looks. I mean the game system is the same - Main and side quest that you must find a person that will give you a task then you go to the location of the quest and wipe out all enemies( optional ) and then return for reward. Thats not very original. Even conversation remains the same. I dont like when I start a conversation with NPC and I see that world around us has stopped, then I had to read all of the script and choose one - thats no fun at all. Then there is this Oblivion style fights only with guns this time.
    Well, Ok its not that bad but seriously it should be more like Stalker - expressing reallity. For me its little childish in this way - no believeable emotions. Just dont kill me for my opinion OK
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

1) Graphics are better then Oblivion
    2) Less sidequests then Oblivion, however they're a lot longer.
    3) Setting is totally different ( I prefer this one over Oblivion but that's just me)

There are probably a lot of other differences. Anyway Bethesda buying the Fallout license it was to be expected they made it a lot like Oblivion. In my opinion it's not just a rip off in a different setting but a great game wich uses that was was good in Bethesda's previous games and is now even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon Max View Post
    I dont want to argue or something BUT this game is much like Oblivion with new looks. I mean the game system is the same - Main and side quest that you must find a person that will give you a task then you go to the location of the quest and wipe out all enemies( optional ) and then return for reward. Thats not very original. Even conversation remains the same. I dont like when I start a conversation with NPC and I see that world around us has stopped, then I had to read all of the script and choose one - thats no fun at all. Then there is this Oblivion style fights only with guns this time.
    Well, Ok its not that bad but seriously it should be more like Stalker - expressing reallity. For me its little childish in this way - no believeable emotions. Just dont kill me for my opinion OK
    I see what you're saying... that it's something like an Oblivion "upgrade", however Fallout's quest system has always been that way, even before Oblivion or Morrowind. And no, the game play is different in a lot of ways to distinguish it enough, if not only because of VATS and limb targetting, but also because of the character leveling system.

Major gripes from other players are the ending (I won't spoil it), and the level cap. However, I personally like them the way they are. The atmosphere's also great (Imagine walking along the wasteland, then see a large form of a destroyed carrier come into view from out of the distance. I was simply awestruck by the scenery.) You can run in guns-a-blazing like Oblivion, but it's very difficult to make a tank character because skills are limited (and even then, criticals and limb damage can still kill you).

I very much like this game, and think it's more than a worthy successor to the Fallout series.

I bought this on PS3 along with oblivion....

Honestly speaking, I'm not impressed at all :/
    The only part I enjoyed so far was blowing off Moira Browns head after hearing her speak.
    I think It's possible to make a game too non-linear and Fallout 3 is an example of this, It's just boring.

While I'm here I'd like to point out my confusion with Oblivion being held in such high regard aswell. The characters are fucking hideous, I can't stand the ye old english speach in it, It's not even an RPG imo (same as fallout) It's just a mash up of FPS and other shit.

I like the good old japanese RPG gamestyle, where battles are fought with a party and turn system like FF7-9 or the Shin megami tensei games.
    I get more hours out of those kind of games because you still have plenty of side quests and abilities to unlock but I don't get bored shitless after 2-3 hours of play like I have with Fallout 3 and Oblivion :/

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I see what you're saying... that it's something like an Oblivion "upgrade", however Fallout's quest system has always been that way, even before Oblivion or Morrowind. And no, the game play is different in a lot of ways to distinguish it enough, if not only because of VATS and limb targetting, but also because of the character leveling system.

Major gripes from other players are the ending (I won't spoil it), and the level cap. However, I personally like them the way they are. The atmosphere's also great (Imagine walking along the wasteland, then see a large form of a destroyed carrier come into view from out of the distance. I was simply awestruck by the scenery.) You can run in guns-a-blazing like Oblivion, but it's very difficult to make a tank character because skills are limited (and even then, criticals and limb damage can still kill you).

I very much like this game, and think it's more than a worthy successor to the Fallout series.
    the ending wasnt so bad to me but

Spoiler!

Is anybody else as excited as I am about the upcomming new DLC (800 points) for Fallout 3: Broken Steel?!

New monsters, new guns, new locations and....NEW LEVEL 30 CAP LIMIT INCLUDING NEW PERKS! Not to mention the game extends the events of Project Purity and allows for more game play *cough*ydoc*cough*! See details here:
    Details and video
    Release date is set for May 5th!!! Get that Pipboy dusted off and grab your Power Armor!

Yes, I've been waiting for that DLC for a long time .

And Power Armor is for the weak. Ranger Armor all the way .

Ah snap I just beat this game last night.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Yes, I've been waiting for that DLC for a long time .

And Power Armor is for the weak. Ranger Armor all the way .
    My Tribal Power Armor or Linden's Power Armor will whoop your ASS! (with help from my A3-21's Plasma Rifle )

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Ah snap I just beat this game last night.
    How did you like it? I personally found the game GREAT and the ending was very satisfying IMO (loved the final battle); however, the level 20 was CRAP! My character was so fricken powerful by the end that I steamrolled everybody no problem. My house in Megaton had more guns/ammo/money than all the forts and banks in the world!!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! So, I'd say the game was a little unbalanced (in my favor) towards the end. I still loved it.