Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how do you determine a ninja's strength?

As you watch the ninja grow stronger in this manga their is two basic ways that happens: 1. Their "Base" grows stronger permenantly. What do I mean by base? Their overall abilities: fighting, stanmia, intelligence, ect. In example of this could be when naruto was learning how to walk on trees. 2. "Quick power ups" Is learning how to mamimize their powers in a quick brust of power. This would be the curse seal and senjutsu.

so if your trying to judge how strong a ninja is, which one would you use? for example: orchi was a strong ninja but he didnt have an quick power ups. but if jiriya were to fight him seriously, although he was strong, he would have to use natural energy to bost his power to be able to cope with orchi. powers. Lets just say for the sake of this argument, that at their strongest both orchi and jiriya are equally strong. So which ninja would be considered to be stronger? The one who naturally is a badass ninja, or one who is strong but uses power ups to reach badass level?

By how long they live through the toughest of times, i.e. through battles, wars and such............

That's, close to immortality.

oro would be considered a better ninja even if jiraiya was stronger. its the naruto vs sasuke argument again naruto dwarfs sasuke in power,stamina and just about everything else that make a ninja strong, his techniqes are all uber strong but sasuke maximises his slightly above average strength with skillful use of fundamentals and tactics whereas naruto just goes strait in and doesn't need to worry about the things sasuke does.

nautos a ninjutsu genius and sasukes a tactical one this in my book makes sasugay a better nin i wouldnt say he was stronger though.
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    i judge them by their scope of abilities, plus how they are able to cope with different ninjas (eg, naruto is ok against regular fighters, but sucks against genjutsu users). pein, on the other hand has many different abilities, making him possibly the strongest ninja in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by gray fox View Post
    oro would be considered a better ninja even if jiraiya was stronger. its the naruto vs sasuke argument again naruto dwarfs sasuke in power,stamina and just about everything else that make a ninja strong, his techniqes are all uber strong but sasuke maximises his slightly above average strength with skillful use of fundamentals and tactics whereas naruto just goes strait in and doesn't need to worry about the things sasuke does.

nautos a ninjutsu genius and sasukes a tactical one this in my book makes sasugay a better nin i wouldnt say he was stronger though.
    i think u mean naruto has better stamina and power, there is no wasy sasuke has better stamina than naruto and naruto's ninjutsu power is more than sasuke.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

There's sexy in there SakeSensei's Avatar
    How far they can throw a kunai?

You could always use the databook to get a feel for the where the characters are in terms of personal abilities and such.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    You could always use the databook to get a feel for the where the characters are in terms of personal abilities and such.
    Yes ^^.

For me, several factors go in determining a ninja's strength: Experience, intelligence, chakra level, jutsus ... to name a few.

Breast size? Makes sense as Tsunade is a hokage

Hmm...Or using what you have to the best of your ability? Rock Lee(tai jutsu master) sums that up so does Naruto(lots of chakra = clone spam).

Or a variant of EJM Getting through a tough situation even if your on deaths door.

Or.....Being intelligent and coming up with perfect plans for whatever scenario your dealt with, being stealthy/silent and being competent in all basic forms of ninja arts.
    Far too awesome for your eyes!

I think that you measure a ninja's strength based on skill with there natural talent(Genjustus, Taijutsu, Ninjutsu) ans how they react to situations in battle