Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    [̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅] guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    in your hearts
    Posts
    2,658
    i agree with you Freaky v.2. She is the best at what she does...medical stuff, not the drinking stuff, cuz shes an alcoholic. but being good at medical jutsus, does that make a great leader? Well it depends. i dont think it hurts her, but to be a good leader in you have to be decisive, and honorable. What she is doing for the ninjas is a perfect example. she gave up her chakra to the little slugs, maybe to a point where she becomes old or even dies, for konoha. True, that is expected of a leader but where does it say that a leader has to have many jutsus and be great a fighting?

    The main point in the manga is that youre supposed to believe in yourself and in others. Tsunade might not be able to handle Pain directly, but she can handle the wounded and dying, and believes that naruto can take Pain on. I guess kish is saying big boobed people are people too.

    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

  2. #22
    Happy BOOSH! ChukoLiang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Carolina
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow v.2 View Post
    That wasn't out of emotion at all. The reason she wanted Naruto to come back to the village is because of the tradition Konoha lives under. That is passing the torch to the next generation. Letting the new generation take a stand.
    In my opinion that is emotion - passing the torch is not logical to me, especially when she was having flashbacks of the emotions that were driving her, like the two ppl that died who were close to her and how it reminded her of naruto. You think she grabbed hold of her two advisors out of being logical - that's anger (emotion). What Danzou did was logical. Is it logical to allow Pein to have a chance of capturing the nine-tails?

    Afterall, she's underrated b/c she hasn't done anything spectacular in the manga yet. She may have a legend, but we haven't seen something awesome from her compared to the other hokage's abilities. but, yeah you're right it is just my opinion.

    What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.

  3. #23
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Quote Originally Posted by ChukoLiang View Post
    In my opinion that is emotion - passing the torch is not logical to me, especially when she was having flashbacks of the emotions that were driving her, like the two ppl that died who were close to her and how it reminded her of naruto. You think she grabbed hold of her two advisors out of being logical - that's anger (emotion). What Danzou did was logical. Is it logical to allow Pein to have a chance of capturing the nine-tails?

    Afterall, she's underrated b/c she hasn't done anything spectacular in the manga yet. She may have a legend, but we haven't seen something awesome from her compared to the other hokage's abilities. but, yeah you're right it is just my opinion.
    I agree with you that it's emotion. However, I don't think it was a bad decision at that time. Why?

    If Pain was indeed more powerful than Konoha, Konoha's gonna get eliminated anyway, so any help she could get would be welcome. Conversely, if Pain can be easily handled by Konoha, then they could protect Naruto just fine, so why not give more experience to Naruto and quench some of his thirst for revenge?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    I agree with you that it's emotion. However, I don't think it was a bad decision at that time. Why?

    If Pain was indeed more powerful than Konoha, Konoha's gonna get eliminated anyway, so any help she could get would be welcome. Conversely, if Pain can be easily handled by Konoha, then they could protect Naruto just fine, so why not give more experience to Naruto and quench some of his thirst for revenge?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChukoLiang View Post
    In my opinion that is emotion - passing the torch is not logical to me, especially when she was having flashbacks of the emotions that were driving her, like the two ppl that died who were close to her and how it reminded her of naruto. You think she grabbed hold of her two advisors out of being logical - that's anger (emotion). What Danzou did was logical. Is it logical to allow Pein to have a chance of capturing the nine-tails?

    Afterall, she's underrated b/c she hasn't done anything spectacular in the manga yet. She may have a legend, but we haven't seen something awesome from her compared to the other hokage's abilities. but, yeah you're right it is just my opinion.


    It is a difference between showing emotion, and letting emotion reflect your decisions. The decision she made on getting Naruto to come back was solely based on the fact that the other Hokages did the same (entrusted the village to the next generation) not out of emotion. That is the only reason why she had that flashback, because she was thinking about what the Hokage before her did, and what they would do in that situation.
    Last edited by Freakshow v.2; 10-24-2008 at 07:30 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member kuroihikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,622
    Following tradition IS letting emotion reflect on your decision.

    Making a decision based purely on what others would do is bad-decision making. However, I believe that's not the only reason Tsunade decided to call back Naruto, and I think it's still was a good call.

  6. #26
    you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,938
    I think Tsunade wants to call Naruto back for 2 main reasons, 1 being Naruto's passion for avenging Jiraiya, and in relation to that, Naruto promises that he will never die until he becomes the Hokage, so Tsunade has full confidence in Naruto.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    Didn't she say why she was calling Naruto back? I thought she said something like Naruto is a Konoha Leaf ninja and has a duty to protect the village. And knowing Naruto, he'd be even more pissed and emotional if he came back to find the village destroyed all because of him.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    136
    I know there was other reasons why Tsunade wanted Naruto to return to the village, but talking about that would be a little off topic. Stay on topic please.

  9. #29
    Panda Member pandaofthebamboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Trinidad
    Posts
    1,447
    I disagree with most of this tread... i think her decision to bring Naruto back was completly emotional... I mean read over the scene it was complete emotions she was basically screaming and ranting about that they should call back Naruto.....Even if she needed more support it shouldn't be Naruto because he is the target of the attack....Why not insist on asking the Sand village for help or some other ally.....Sorry but as a Hokage i think she sucks she should be the head of the hospital at best and in my book Danzo get allot more respect than her..
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!


  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaofthebamboo View Post
    I disagree with most of this tread... i think her decision to bring Naruto back was completly emotional... I mean read over the scene it was complete emotions she was basically screaming and ranting about that they should call back Naruto.....Even if she needed more support it shouldn't be Naruto because he is the target of the attack....Why not insist on asking the Sand village for help or some other ally.....Sorry but as a Hokage i think she sucks she should be the head of the hospital at best and in my book Danzo get allot more respect than her..
    It would take like 3 days for the sand village to get there so there wouldn't be any point. You kind of went off topic again. We aren't talking about whether her decision was emotional or not. Like I tell others, You are entitled to your opinion, whether it is bad or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •