Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Tsunade-Truly underrated as Hokage

I just wanted to bring this to light. There have been many times on this forum of people saying how horrible of a Hokage Tsunade is, when in fact, she is a great inspirational leader. She strives to uphold the tradition of being Hokage by passing the torch to the next generation, and she makes good decisions. She never made a decision out of emotion, but she used logic.
    Most people on this forum usually bash the fact that she isn't as strong as the past Hokages. It is more than strength than makes a Hokage. Her skills as a medical ninja is second to none which should be noted. None of the other Hokage was known for his ability to heal so should that put her in a class of her own? She is the first Hokage to be skilled in this, and she has saved many of the Shinobi in Naruto-verse using her medical abilities. The only reason I made this thread is I believe that Tsunade should get some respect every once in a while for what she does in the manga.

i don't know about the other people but i think tsunade is one of the most respectful ninja in narutoverse, its true that her combat skills isn't as high as the other sannins or the previous hokage, but dont forget even orochimaru got impressed by her healing abilities and i think its really hard too impress orochimaru which made him search for her

Banned
    I'm guilty of being one of those people that doubted Tsunade, but I have to agree also. Her healing skills are par none.
    She is the ONLY Hokage to be good at this afterall. Hopefully kishi will put her in a situation to make her more noticied, then she would be more respected.

Best 'support' chracter, like any game, everyone needs a white mage.

You never know the value of things that are precious to us... until they are taken.

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    People need to stop judging her by that fight with Kabuto when he took advantage of her phobia. I doubt any Akatsuki member outside of Madara, Itachi, Pein and maybe Hidan could beat her. People have this image that she was just chasing behind Jiraya & Oro and just healing when needed. Hell I would even say she's stronger than the 2nd Hokage!

In the end I think its just that shes a woman. Its the exact same thing with Konan most seem to assume shes the weakest in Akatsuki when I highly doubt it!

I agree I have said it many times the job a hokage is to lead the village. She cant lead the village if she jumps out the window with tears in her eyes ready to get into fistacuffs with whoever dares threaten the village.

If shes off fighting who do the villagers look to for leadership and guidance during a time of crisis. like whats currently going on. Secondly as you pointed out she is a ninja medic her job is as a back up healer not a front line fighter. also if it was not for her amazing medical abilites Neji , Choji & Lee would would be dead and in at leasts Lee's case thier career as a ninja be over.

Being Hokage is more than just having powerfull offensive jutsu's. Its about having wisdom and sound judgement. Tsunade doesnt have time to get emotional and go off on personal quests of vengence.

Also to point out something else alot of people have stated if J man could not beat Pain why does Tsunade think the others will fair any better. The awsner is simple J- man was alone in enemy territory when he faced Pain. Pain is now in the reverse hes out numbered and to be honest if J-man had not gone to the Rain village he would be fighting Pain now with all of Konha as his back up and would win most likely.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I agree I have said it many times the job a hokage is to lead the village. She cant lead the village if she jumps out the window with tears in her eyes ready to get into fistacuffs with whoever dares threaten the village.

If shes off fighting who do the villagers look to for leadership and guidance during a time of crisis. like whats currently going on. Secondly as you pointed out she is a ninja medic her job is as a back up healer not a front line fighter. also if it was not for her amazing medical abilites Neji , Choji & Lee would would be dead and in at leasts Lee's case thier career as a ninja be over.

Being Hokage is more than just having powerfull offensive jutsu's. Its about having wisdom and sound judgement. Tsunade doesnt have time to get emotional and go off on personal quests of vengence.

Also to point out something else alot of people have stated if J man could not beat Pain why does Tsunade think the others will fair any better. The awsner is simple J- man was alone in enemy territory when he faced Pain. Pain is now in the reverse hes out numbered and to be honest if J-man had not gone to the Rain village he would be fighting Pain now with all of Konha as his back up and would win most likely.
    Great point, I agree completely. It would've been a far different fight, had Jiraiya still been in konoha. I have to admit, I was losing interest in Tsunade waiting for her to go all out. But she's shown great leadership skills and tried to be most effective where it counts. But like she said she'll live up to the name of hokage, I'm pretty sure she's going to die after making sure village is secured, every1's healed, and then face Pain. But she's surely earned my respect.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Remember Sakura's dodging ability? Now, remember that Tsunade's mastered that. Now also think that if something does manage to hit her, she can heal it all up.

It's her offense that's still a question mark, but she's definitely a stronger opponent than Hidan or Kakuzu.

Tsunade deserves all the respect.
    People who say she's crap cuz she doesen't jump into battle seem to forget 1 thing.
    Tsunade in person said that medical ninjas should be safe until the very end so they could heal companions. This is what she's doing. She's very helpful and acts like a real medical ninja.

I still don't like her.