Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Clone Sage Mode Power-up

(I got this idea after reading one of the pending spoilers. I have no idea if its fake or not at this point)

If its true that were Naruto's Clones to turn into frogs (failed sage state), so also would the original, why wouldn't the compliment be true also?

In other words now that Naruto has mastered Sage mode, if some of the clones were sitting still in a safe area gathering natural energy in True Sage mode, why wouldn't the original experience the True Sage mode state too, regardless if he were moving or sitting still?

I seem to recall a similar question regarding the Kyuubi, but Sage Mode is different, the source of energy for Sage Mode is external to Naruto, and the propagation of its effects has been confirmed by the Pa Toad. It would be unfortunate if only the negative effects propagate back to the original Naruto.

Simple question.

EDIT

Well now that it's been confirmed that Naruto's Clones can deliver sage chakra to him, even while he is moving, I'd like to consider this matter closed. Well almost closed.

The Manner in which clones return sage energy to Naruto right now is rather clumsy, and is not suitable for use in a battle. Fortunately Naruto has powerful allies (the frogs) to help him.

In the future, perhaps hell have his clones closer by, so that he wouldn't need to summon and dispel.

In the future perhaps he'd create hundreds of clones all gathering sage energy, initially stated by using Kyuubi chkra to balance out Sage chakra. (Is this KIshi's true intent?)

In the future perhaps he'd be able to directly suction off sage energy from his clones, or as we have all hoped, create clones that don't go poof easily, and have them fight.

Anyway, congratulatons to everyone who correctly guessed that Naruto would be able to gather Sage Chakra from the Clones.

Would you kindly post an opinion on what the next step should be for Naruto's use of clones to gather sage chakra?
    Last edited by paulbee; 01-31-2009 at 02:14 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Having his clones in Sage Mode wouldn't benefit the real Naruto at all anyway. Since he can only bring in as much Natural chakra as he has normal chakra and since the KBNJ splits normal chakra evenly amongst the clones, the real Naruto doesn't get any kind of boost if they all went Sage Mode. So no matter how many clones Naruto has, they will always collectively bring in Natural chakra equal to if Naruto was doing it by himself.

Good point guys, but I have got to wonder, what exactly transfers back to Naruto to turn the original into a frog when the clones go Froggy. I find it incredulous that just the experience of a clone turning froggy can make the original froggy too. It seems somehow inconsistent.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Having his clones in Sage Mode wouldn't benefit the real Naruto at all anyway. Since he can only bring in as much Natural chakra as he has normal chakra and since the KBNJ splits normal chakra evenly amongst the clones, the real Naruto doesn't get any kind of boost if they all went Sage Mode. So no matter how many clones Naruto has, they will always collectively bring in Natural chakra equal to if Naruto was doing it by himself.
    I'm not sure if i completly understand what you are saying but i think that the method Paulbee was talking about would be used for battle so that he could have a constant supply of Natural chakra with out having a toad on his shoulder..
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Good point guys, but I have got to wonder, what exactly transfers back to Naruto to turn the original into a frog when the clones go Froggy. I find it incredulous that just the experience of a clone turning froggy can make the original froggy too. It seems somehow inconsistent.
    We know that the KB technique equally splits remaining chakra. When the clones are dispelled, is that chakra returned to the original? If so, a clone going froggy has an imbalance of chakra in its system, that distorted chakra will return to Naruto and make him go froggy too (assuming that chakra from clones return to the user once dispelled)

Chakra will still be used to make the clone ..........
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

I more see it as when he uses a normal jutsu he uses chakra and this chakra is lost then what ever amount of chakra he wants is given to the clone... Makes sense?
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by pandaofthebamboo View Post
    I'm not sure if i completly understand what you are saying but i think that the method Paulbee was talking about would be used for battle so that he could have a constant supply of Natural chakra with out having a toad on his shoulder..
    What I'm saying is that having clones sit back and gather chakra for Naruto wouldn't make a difference in the long run. Naruto wouldn't be getting any more Natural chakra with the clones than he could by himself. Using KBNJ, Naruto and his clones have the same amount of chakra which is less than what Naruto would have if he didn't use clones.

So my conclusion is: Chakra gathered by Sage Mode Naruto + Clones = Chakra gathered by Sage Mode Naruto alone. There is no advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    It does and doesn't. The manga states when he uses the jutsu the chakra is evenly distributed. Naruto chakra reserve is huge and as Kakashi said its nothing for him to use it.

All from the manga.
    Ok let me give my best example possible.... remeber when Naruto summoned 1000 clones agaisn't Garaa and after they were dispelled he was still able to summon Gamabuta and transform him with the Harmen no Jutsu... Would it make sense if he could still summon Gama with only 0.001% of his chakra when we were lead to believe by Jariya that a great amount of chakra was needed to summon things....?( If he used the 9tails chakra for this i'll find a better example next time)
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by pandaofthebamboo View Post
    Ok let me give my best example possible.... remeber when Naruto summoned 1000 clones agaisn't Garaa and after they were dispelled he was still able to summon Gamabuta and transform him with the Harmen no Jutsu... Would it make sense if he could still summon Gama with only 0.001% of his chakra when we were lead to believe by Jariya that a great amount of chakra was needed to summon things....?( If he used the 9tails chakra for this i'll find a better example next time)
    It would depend on exactly how much chakra Naruto had left. Its always been no big deal for Naruto to summon that many clones at a time. Anyway, Naruto was out of chakra after he summoned Gamabunta. Gamabunta had to lend Naruto his own chakra to do the transformation. He had to use the Kyuubi's chakra after being caught by the Ichibi.