Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Akatsuki's rings

After watching this latest episode I was thinking about how Pein was able to communicate long distance with both Hidan and Kakazu and I think I have an idea. I wondered why the rings were so important (like how Tobi and Zetsu went to find Sasori's) and if you look all the markings on them are black. Do you guys think that it is made out of the same black material he uses as chakra receivers? Maybe that's why he is able to talk to them from miles upon miles away. Don't know just something I came up with and wondered what everyone else thought
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

I think this rings are to inform Pein about life or death and location of Akatsuki members

I too have thought this that Peins black things of difrent sizes are used by Akatsuki members for his long distant communication. The idea that the rings may contain some of this substance is an intresting idea tho.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

But that would mean that they should've tracked Oroshimaru a long time ago with ease, since that Orochimaru took the ring with him when he left. So, I don't think this is the case.
    There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Although I like the idea of the rings being some sort of "tracking" device, I think the rings are just for show and given to members as proof of membership.

Wonder Twins Powers Activate! Form of Pain!, Form of Kisame!

they're probably a plot element that will never be explored.

Yeah I forgot about Orochimaru keeping his ring, so yeah there goes that idea. Hand Banana is right, just must be folklore. And redstrife saying that its proof of membership is right also
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

"They're probably a plot element that will never be explored" ---- i bet you thought the same thing about danzou, kishi wouldnt have hinted at them several times throughout the manga if they didnt hold significance in plot development

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    The rings are drawn from ancient Chinese and Japanese lore, the kanji on each ring have served in the past as representations of Gods, to help in concentration before battle and in protection from evil. Their ring placement on their finger corresponds to their position on the summoned statue, with each member wearing the ring on a different finger.
    Most know this already. It doesn't mean the rings doesn't have extra significance. Come on they try their damn best to recover them rings and they never just replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesperia View Post
    But that would mean that they should've tracked Oroshimaru a long time ago with ease, since that Orochimaru took the ring with him when he left. So, I don't think this is the case.
    Oro also has the ring on his severed hand in some kind of (glass?) display case. Who knows that might be blocking the signal.