View Poll Results: Your opinion?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indeed!

24 28.57%
  • No, hes evil sneaky bastard and deserves to die.

51 60.71%
  • Other \

9 10.71%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar

Post Danzou deserves respect!

Although I'm not crazy about him as a character,I have to give it to him!
    Danzou has been one of the real logical progression in interesting story left.
    He values the village above everything else. He doesn't care about Sasuke, Doesn't care about Pain and his 'true' identity, Doesn't care about Madara's 'true' power. He's obviously thinks the best way to defeat Pain doesn't involve Naruto.

Most likely, he has some kind of strategy to use against Pain that involves some of the Root members. He was the man that competed with the third for the position of Hokage so he must have been pretty powerful and probebly was tactically sound. I knew that Danzou had something good up his sleeve especially since he tried to give Orochimaru all info on regular Anbu.

I think many of the readers would expect him to be evil or betray Konoha big time, but I strongly doubt it. He obviously didn't forget what happen 15-16 years ago when the Kyubi attacked Konoha and he isn't confident that Naruto will be able to keep the Kyubi quiet and calm.

Believe it or not, Danzou being sneaky bastard is needed, because of that joke of a Hokage.
    Tsunade that have no reason been an hokage in the first place making a decision base on her emotion. She should know now is not the time to try to do 'the right thing'. How thoughtless she can be, to think Naruto can take on Pain right. Of all people, she should know that Pain is not a joke, he defeated Jiraiya, the second strongest of the Sannins and her former Teammate.

I also think it's hypocritical to say that what Itachi did (Killing off 100 to save 1000) is right and to say that what Danzou is doing is wrong.

Besides, that f*cking frog had it coming, with that ugly expression!

Danzou's final goal is currently unknown, we can't assume that he wants Konoha to fall, just because of his approach to treat the entire village like tools. IMO!

Also, Tsunade's disrespectful act towards the elders was so NOT wise!
    Now they'll act on their own behind her back, and most likely be on Danzou's side. So it would only make easier for Danzou to go further with his ulterior motives as I would assume.

Why els would he prevent Naruto from coming back. Your village is getting destroyed and to dangle Akatsuki's "holy grail" right in front of them isn't very smart. If Naruto was captured then you would be at a severe disadvantage... your village just got annihilated, countless ninja's were killed, and now, you're hastily forced into an unknown conflict.

You have to take more things into account then personal ambitions/feelings which Tsunade clearly was unable to. People need to understand Danzou's position, Tsunade has little respect for him and she despises him, so do the rest of the village, while this man has been standing behind Konoha in so many years. He was in the shadow of people like Sarutobi and Minato. He deserves all the respect.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Freakshow; 10-17-2008 at 02:49 PM.

You raise several interesting points, as expected of Freakshow.

Most likely, he has some kind of strategy to use against Pain that involves some of the Root members. He was the man that competed with the third for the position of Hokage so he must have been pretty powerful and probebly was tactically sound. I knew that Danzou had something good up his sleeve especially since he tried to give Orochimaru all info on regular Anbu.
    But he's in charge of root and likely trained them yet he's a constantly injured old man, he logically shouldn't stand a chance against god and besides Pain>J-man>Itachi>Oro>3rd>Danzou and yet Danzou>Pain?? Hard to believe.

Believe it or not, Danzou being sneaky bastard is needed, because Tsunade is acting over emotional and she is trying to do 'the right thing'. But she needs to focus on the big picture. I think it's hypocritical to say that what Itachi did (Killing off 100 to save 1000) is right and to say that what Danzou is doing is wrong.
    Itachi was ordered and it was more a whole new war could be started because of it all so it's more like 99 > 10, 000 and Danzou acted on his own behalf ignoring the Hokages wishes. It's a pretty different scenario.

Besides, that freaking frog had it coming, with that ugly expression!
    That was uncalled for! You should respect the poor frog with cool Goggles. RIP Brave toad/frog! and May your brave goggles continue their awesomeness without you! *salutes*

Danzou's final goal is currently unknown, we can't assume that he wants Konoha to fall, just because of his approach to treat the entire village like tools. IMO!
    True but he acts more evil than good, he could have just knocked the frog/toad out but no he kills it....he constantly ignores the hokages and runs around like he owns the place.

Also, Tsunade's disrespectful act towards the elders was so NOT wise!
    Now they'll act on their own behind her back, and most likely be on Danzou's side. So it would only make easier for Danzou to go further with his ulterior motives as I would assume.
    They've had it coming for some time and if they don't realise their mistakes and decide instead to help Danzou or further betray Tsunade then that just just proves she's been right all along.

Why els would he prevent Naruto from coming back. Your village is getting destroyed and to dangle Akatsuki's "holy grail" right in front of them isn't very smart. If Naruto was captured then you would be at a severe disadvantage... your village just got annihilated, countless ninja's were killed, and now, you're hastily forced into an unknown conflict.
    Preventing Naruto's return lacked common sense as Naruto has bailed out the Leaf countless times, was trained by the best and is the 4th sons, where's the faith? and by preventing Naruto from returning will just further enrage God and cause even more deaths and destruction. Not int he best interests for someone who wants to protect Konaha.

You have to take more things into account then personal ambitions/feelings which Tsunade clearly was unable to. People need to understand Danzou's position, Tsunade has little respect for him and she despises him, so do the rest of the village, while this man has been standing behind Konoha in so many years. He was in the shadow of people like Sarutobi and Minato. He deserves alt eh respect.
    True Tsunade is over emotional but the village is turmoil, it's under siege from god, I'd still trust her more than Danzou. He has been there but doing good or evil we don't know or maybe just pursuing his own goals? For the despicable act of killing a an innocent creature will cool goggles i judge him evil till proven otherwise!

Interesting theory.
    I hadn't actually tried to view it from this angle. and it kinda makes sense.(hate to admit it)

Besides, that freaking frog had it coming, with that ugly expression!
    You are going to start a riot with that one.
    しつれいしました
    on second thoughts
    しつれいね

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    that was by far the coolest frog ever......AND DANZOU KILLED IT!!!!!! he will always be pure evil in my eyes

To say Danzo cares about the village well that kinda depends on your POV. Like Asuma tried to teach Shikamaru the King is the future generations so in essance that is the village not the buildings and the moutians.

Danzo doesnt strike me as someone who cares about the people of Konoha he just wants the strong military power that Konoha has so he can shape the world to his likening.

Dont be fooled by Danzo he has no regard for the will of fire there by he doesnt give a damn about his fellow villagers in the same way. They are just tools there to serve Konoha which is what he teaches his subordiantes in Root.

Danzo is using the terror of outside threats to help him reshape konoha to his will. I bet he was the master mind behind the Uchiha massacre who influenced & manilpulated the 2eldars into wiping them out. Soon Danzo's plot and backstory will come to light and the 2 eldars will realize that he was playing them for years only it will be too late for them
    ( X_x) - ( X_x)

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    To say Danzo cares about the village well that kinda depends on your POV. Like Asuma tried to teach Shikamaru the King is the future generations so in essance that is the village not the buildings and the moutians.

Danzo doesnt strike me as someone who cares about the people of Konoha he just wants the strong military power that Konoha has so he can shape the world to his likening.

Dont be fooled by Danzo he has no regard for the will of fire there by he doesnt give a damn about his fellow villagers in the same way. They are just tools there to serve Konoha which is what he teaches his subordiantes in Root.

Danzo is using the terror of outside threats to help him reshape konoha to his will. I bet he was the master mind behind the Uchiha massacre who influenced & manilpulated the 2eldars into wiping them out. Soon Danzo's plot and backstory will come to light and the 2 eldars will realize that he was playing them for years only it will be too late for them
    ( X_x) - ( X_x)

AGREED!

Danzou is officially an advisor to the Hokage, currently however he is trying to be a shadow Hokage, perhaps even undermining the real Hokage's authority.

If the Hokage's decision doesn't suit him, he just circumvents it. He is not loyal, and in some ways his actions can be considered TREASON, a crime punishable by death.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Freakshow for once i disagree with you (just about tsunade bashing) thats the first time ive actually appreciated her as hokage, bitch slapping "advisors" that have been around for donkeys years and are up their own asses at this point i assume i agree with everything else didnt get to read it all cause im in a rush but we usually agree

No need to kill frogs, seriously naruto's going to have vendetta's everywhere, Pain, Danzou, Sasuke (unsuccessful killer bee capture)

good times

Great chapter

Veteran Member What Is My Name?'s Avatar
    yeah anzou or a person from root will probably assasinate the 2 elders

i dont think Danzou's intentions are bad, he really believes that his opinions and actions are the best for konoha as a military village but I see him like a dictator, like Hitler for instance. They think they're doing things for the greater good but in reality history has proved them wrong, they were just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by master.roly View Post
    i dont think Danzou's intentions are bad, he really believes that his opinions and actions are the best for konoha as a military village but I see him like a dictator, like Hitler for instance. They think they're doing things for the greater good but in reality history has proved them wrong, they were just evil.
    Exactly and this is his vision for Konoha I think, to turn it into a super power where might makes right in the world.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you