Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Even if Jiraiya knew Naruto's affinity, and if he had taught Naruto something wind-related, then Naruto wouldn't have had to go through all the nature manipulation lessons.

ok, there is some symbolism here..

when we first see him trying this..http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/418/10/ hes closer to the stream. when it hit the first time, he only had the range to cut off/vaporize that first section (which explains the smoke, yet no evidence of the top falling down). and now that we have a second shot of it, you can see that the left and right hand 'trees' in the center are just wraparound layers of bark to that particular tree.

on the other hand.. we have http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/421/10/ (ironic that its exactly 3 chapters later, same page) and from at least a bit farther away (the little bamboo tree on the left being the reference between the 2 shots..) we can tell hes been practicing with it at least a bit more (notice the CLEAN cuts to the left and right of center as well as the cuts through the second and third trees beyond that first one (it doesnt explain why theres smoke coming from that first tree again, unless he followed the same target path again, and it grazed the top of the first cut)
    come fight my brute here

Looks to me like a Water/Wind Combination technique. Take a look at this page.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/418/10/

Notice at first he says "I think i got it", but look, he is dry as a cupcake.

Now look at next panel. Hes sweating? I dont think so.
    "I'm like the sun, I'm trying to shine on everybody"
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

How can he be doing it in secret? I think the old Frog knows. loads of giant tree things suddenly chopped in half? I think he'd spot it.
    Maybe the fact that there is a cloud and no half's of tree lying around means the razor sharp wind is so small it's turning it into dust?

Quote Originally Posted by MindWanderer View Post
    Looks to me like a Water/Wind Combination technique. Take a look at this page.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/418/10/

Notice at first he says "I think i got it", but look, he is dry as a cupcake.

Now look at next panel. Hes sweating? I dont think so.
    i thought it was cuz hes in sage mode then went back to reg naruto.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

You know, it may not have anything to do with needing Sage Mode specifically. It may just be that Naruto needed more power than he had using his own chakra, and didn't want to draw on the kyuubi for it. Plus it was convenient to develop this technique, since it was a lot easier to keep it secret, since he was already away from the village.

I do wish that it didn't seem to be a DBZ technique though, that seems kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I was the first to call it that. Someone took it a bit too far afterwards. Also the effects aren't the same as a Destructo disk. Look closly at the pics and see how it leaves a hole or crater actually in the middle.
    yeah, but that could just be how those tree thingies are made

You have a point HB, perhaps(just speculation here) he's learned to throw his RS it's sort of fat in the middle and sharp and thin round the edges...um..like this: ---{}--- so maybe the fat center damages the middle and the blades around it cut smoother? That make any sense? o.O

it looks like the begings of a rasengan shippuden shuriken. where the eye of the hurricane is different than the outer part

i wonder if saskue will come back before naruto gets back. and i wonder if saskue will do that thing, you know, replacing the shuriken with naruto and then naruto poofing out to throw the shuriken at pain.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero108 View Post
    Paulbee your looking at the wrong chapter the newest chapter shows fallen stems to the right hand side of the initial cut tree.

Also I dont see why this cant be the technique naruto and jiraiya where talking about, so "we assume" its been fused with wind nature energy, what if originally it was a shape manipulation alteration of the rasengan, reducing it to a flat surface rather then a spherical ball, which only worked when naruto was in kyubbi mode, and failed when he was normal naruto as the disc dissipated after leaving naruto's grip, therefore it was naruto's idea following kakashi's training to infuse it with wind nature chakra (while training at night without Yamoto or kakashi) once he realised this wouldnt work continued with the rasen shuriken and only now has returned to perfecting it following learning sage mode for control

please discuss
    You're right, thanks much for the correction.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !