Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by escapeejm View Post
    Firstly thanks for the fill-in. Secondly, I am force to agree with you that they are some anime that are Dubbed that aren't that bad.

For example:

1. I think Hellsing OVA Dubbed was better experience watching it dubbed.

2. Also, Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG wasn't that bad Dubbed either.

Therefore I guess Dubbing has it's merits but I'm still against alot of other classic & popular animes being dubbed.

================================================== =

If anyone is interested in watching dubbed animes, however, can check them out @: http://www.animefreak.tv.
    Firstly, I made some minor changes to your post, I don't think we have any partially sighted 60 year olds on MS, so no need for the size 3 font x_x

Secondly... Wha?
    Hellsing OVA dub? The Major's speech done by someone who cant act for shit and is being paid in jelly babies?
    Don't be silly :<

With Stand Alone Complex, thsv seems to like the dub too, I just can't stand it, I watched the original first and only put the dub on out of curiosity and then switched back to the japanese audio, which is just better, less rape to my ears, much better.

*Sangaz hates dubs and is narrow minded on this subject

Hellsing Dub was horrible! That shouldn't have been dubbed. Same goes for Naruto and Bleach. The only dub I enjoyed over the japanese was Fullmetal.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KandaLavi View Post
    ....The Yu Yu Hakusho dub was good.

I like Yu Yu Hakusho Dub too, but still I had only showed the series dubbed from the start. Therefore, maybe I'm a bad judge for quality of the series being dubbed.

You know maybe that's the secret behind enjoying a dubbed anime. I mean, start watching it dubbed from the beginning may convince you that's it's not bad Dubbed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
    Hellsing Dub was horrible! That shouldn't have been dubbed. Same goes for Naruto and Bleach. The only dub I enjoyed over the japanese was Fullmetal.

Same goes for Full Metal, I originally start watching it Dubbed & never watch any of the series in it's original tongue. And, I liked it but still the original tongue was better.

================================================== ===

Well it seems my style of writing my post in font size 3 is becoming a problem for reason I don't understand. If the font is there way not use it. It does make for better reading unless you are already too close to the PC monitor while reading therefore indicating that you already need glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Firstly, I made some minor changes to your post, I don't think we have any partially sighted 60 year olds on MS, so no need for the size 3 font x_x

Secondly... Wha?
    Hellsing OVA dub? The Major's speech done by someone who cant act for shit and is being paid in jelly babies?
    Don't be silly :<

With Stand Alone Complex, thsv seems to like the dub too, I just can't stand it, I watched the original first and only put the dub on out of curiosity and then switched back to the japanese audio, which is just better, less rape to my ears, much better.

*Sangaz hates dubs and is narrow minded on this subject
    Bah humbug Sangaz!

I originally watched SAC on TV so didn't have the option of subs. Lets just say I don't get annoyed at GitS's dub like I do some others. The movies shouldn't have been dubbed especially Innocence.

Appleseed is terrible especially the witch responsible for Hitome's voice.

If I were to go on the 4kids dub of OP I'd have never watched another anime.

When watching Gantz you just get the feeling that the VA's aren't taking it seriously (Yeah heads are getting blown apart but its still just a cartoon. Don't distract me, I'm counting my money).

SpeedGrapher /me facepalms

I pity the guys who watch all 220 episodes of Naruto dubbed. Thank God for Fansubs.

Full Metal Panic - They were too busy trying to sound zany. Especially in Fuumufo

Cowboy Bebop - Only issue I have with the dub is Faye's VA. Too whiney. Makes you want to find something to stuff in her mouth just to shut her up.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Subs is far better than Dub. At least, I could hear character's voice clearly (although I dont understand what they said lol )

S-cry-ed - Too much pointless screaming and remember this?vv
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyD.Luffy View Post
    Subs is far better than Dub. At least, I could hear character's voice clearly (although I dont understand what they said lol )
    Actually, I'm sure many of you have had the same experience, you've probably found yourself feeling very fammiliar with the japanese language, even if you don't understand all of what you hear.

These last couple of years I've really picked up on it, kind of like an infant does with his first language I guess.
    The only problem I seem to have nowadays is understanding nouns, also archaic japanese is harder to pick up on, like horo from Spice and Wolf or Nagi from Kannagi, But I suppose if I see enough of these types of anime I will become accustomed to it.

I've also come to adore kansai-ben and find it a really comforting and laid back sounding dialect

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Actually, I'm sure many of you have had the same experience, you've probably found yourself feeling very fammiliar with the japanese language, even if you don't understand all of what you hear.

These last couple of years I've really picked up on it, kind of like an infant does with his first language I guess.
    The only problem I seem to have nowadays is understanding nouns, also archaic japanese is harder to pick up on, like horo from Spice and Wolf or Nagi from Kannagi, But I suppose if I see enough of these types of anime I will become accustomed to it.

I've also come to adore kansai-ben and find it a really comforting and laid back sounding dialect
    Will maybe one day we who all watch the anime will just get up one morning and speak the language without thought........................................... ............................................... Just kidding........................What you are saying there's some truth to it. It's like how does a child know which language it's speaking and learn to speak it.

The answer is time and practise. Listening and re-verbrating what was already said, which almost like us watch all those animes and sometime trying to understanding it. Therefore, with more practice we maybe able watch animes within their original tongue without any problems.

I think dubbing works fine. Anything that is dubbed though has to go to Adult Swim. That is the only way a dub can pass for OK. If One Piece had been shown on Adult Swim none of the stuff would have been edited. The best part is that 4Kids wouldn't have dubbed it.

I think Code Geass and S-cry-ed were dubbed perfectly. I know this won't happen, but I hope they move Naruto Shippuden or whatever they are going to call it to AS. Imagine the Hidan and Kakuzu Arc edited.

I am an Uchiha fan. There I said it.
    Now that Itachi's dead I will never get out of this genjutsu.

Don't stare directly into any of the eyes.