Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Anime that shouldn't be Dubbed or Changed Otherwise....

Man, I was just watching a few episodes of Naruto the English Dub version and my God I didn't know how much something could change just by Dubbing it for the Western Culture.

I mean I hated the show....!!!! Yes, People I watched Naruto Episodes and hated every scene and every line that was spoken....Especially when Naruto said some like,".........You Better Believe It". I think it was replacing this line from the original ".........Dattebayo", (another line from the series that should disappear).

This prompted me to do some investigations and I found that a lot of Anime that was Licensed and Dub sucked Donkey Hole, compared to the original, just to suit a western market.

I tell you this...., I don't speak Japanese and only understand a few words and phrases but I prefer watch a Anime within it's original tongue that watch another Dubbed version of Naruto or Bleach.

So this is people, list your pick of Anime that shouldn't have been Dubbed or shouldn't have modified been in any ways from the original.
    Last edited by escapeejm; 10-16-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I'll just state the obvious right now,

ONE PIECE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY 4KIDS...4KIDS CAN GO F****** DIE

I say it before anyone else has too.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I hope they never dub Zetsubou sensei, If they release it in the west it should be sub only,
    Or rather, I dont think they could possibly dub it even if they tried, far too many references and humorous conversations would be lost.

I'd like to send a nail bomb to any company that dares dub Zetsubou Sensei :<

I mean Nail bomb, as in one of the IRA's favorite past times :3

Zatch Bell is another one that shouldn't be Dubbed..............it's also known as Konjiki no Gash Bell!!

Veteran Member
    I think the one of the problems with the dubbing is... is it just me, or do they speak too fast?
    They try to make the words match the mouth movements so they always sound as if they can't breathe during the sentence...
    Plus the voices nearly always suck. >.>

My one would be the Ouran Host Club anime. They got the perfect mix of voices for the Japanese cast, and now they're going to dub it and realease it in America.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo ......! *trails off dramatically, shaking a fist at the sky*

Last edited by Queenofmuffins; 10-17-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    One Piece anime should never have been dubbed. I try and tell people how awesome One Piece is, but they refuse to believe me having seen episodes of the dub. *sigh* As far as most are concerned now One Piece has the status of a "kid's show."

I'm also dreading the Lucky Star Dub as well.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Naruto. That way I would have the pleasure of never seeing it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Queenofmuffins View Post

LOLL, LOL, HA, Ha, ha.... I like the pic you accompany with your post..........lol,lol

Crossroads of Destiny Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I'll just state the obvious right now,

ONE PIECE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY 4KIDS...4KIDS CAN GO F****** DIE

I say it before anyone else has too.
    exactly. i reckon 4 kids or any of the other dubbers shouldnt have the right to dub cause they fail. they take out all the good bloody bits so kids wont wet themselves

Thanks to Ravona for the avatar and signature.