Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Will the Real Nagato exist or the Sage of the Six Paths?

I've been thinking about this, and I want to know what people think about it.
    I don't think the real Nagato exists anymore. If he does, he is in an dormant state. I don't think Nagato would do anything crazy like this based on Jiraiya's flashback. There has to be more with it. Based on what I read around the forums, Some people believe that the Sage of the Six Path's entity somehow overtook Nagato. That is what I believe also. Nagato is the second advent of the six paths basically. When Nagato was attacked when he was little, and he killed the jounin, I believe the six paths took over, and killed the guy to protect Nagato, who is the host. That is why Nagato didn't know what happened. Sort of like how the Kyuubi takes over Naruto to protect him, and afterwards, Naruto doesn't remember anything. Between the time period where Jiraiya left them and When Pain was recruited into Akatsuki, I believe the Sage of the Six Paths became too strong for Nagato to control, and it overtook him. It would be nice to see something like the real Nagato coming back if this really is true, or something along this lines actually happened.

IMO Nagato is just a victim of the Sage of the Six Paths AKA Pain...
    Last edited by Heaven's Cloud; 10-12-2008 at 07:26 AM.

I disagree, I believe Nagato is Nagato. If he wasn't then why would he remember the conversation he had with Jiraiya when he was young? There may be a link to Rokudou Sennin.I believe that when Nagato activated his Rinnegan, he gained access to the Rokudou Sennin's knowledge, however he is still Nagato.

Makes sense but i think he just got that way after yahiko died i mean they where like best friends so its only right he feels the need form revenge or went crazy

: thanks to sir Chaos

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WraithX959 View Post
    I disagree, I believe Nagato is Nagato. If he wasn't then why would he remember the conversation he had with Jiraiya when he was young? There may be a link to Rokudou Sennin.I believe that when Nagato activated his Rinnegan, he gained access to the Rokudou Sennin's knowledge, however he is still Nagato.
    So explain why didn't he remember anything when he killed the jounin? You can't possibly tell me that he wasn't possessed. I'm sure the six path's experience everything that Nagato experienced during his lifetime because he lives in him. That is why he knows that.

I mean there has to be some kind of alter ego present
    If there wasn't why would he call himself Pain?

has noone considered that perhaps pain is the reincarnation of Rikudou or the sage of the six paths?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura_no_michi_o View Post
    has noone considered that perhaps pain is the reincarnation of Rikudou or the sage of the six paths?
    That is what I'm considering in this thread

It would definitely be cool, however I don't think they'll go that far, just because I mean if he was Rikudou then he basically is the master and originator of all ninjutsu, how can someone like that be beaten... Perhaps it will be a bloodline limit type of thing where nagato was descendant of rikudou or something to that effect.. If he is Rikudou he might as well just wipe everything out since he originated all ninjutsu he should be able to destroy it too

a.k.a Action Bastard Bushido Brown's Avatar
    i can digg it sounds reasonable to me

Quote Originally Posted by Shura_no_michi_o View Post
    This would follow if there had been "reincarnations" of other people, but as far as we know the reincarnation of people is just as ridiculous as the reincarnation of people IRL.

Not to offend any Buddists or anything. Maybe descendant since heritage plays a large part in Naruto, but definitely not reincarnation.

It's much more likely that Nagato was trying to be a good guy and SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENED and as a consequence he had the wrong epiphany about life and what he needed to do to "fix it."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocat View Post
    This would follow if there had been "reincarnations" of other people, but as far as we know the reincarnation of people is just as ridiculous as the reincarnation of people IRL.

Not to offend any Buddists or anything. Maybe descendant since heritage plays a large part in Naruto, but definitely not reincarnation.

It's much more likely that Nagato was trying to be a good guy and SOMETHING REALLY BAD HAPPENED and as a consequence he had the wrong epiphany about life and what he needed to do to "fix it."
    If you haven't been reading any theories on the rinnegan in the theory section, then you should. There are many connections linking the rinnegan to Buddhism and reincarnation. It is not just assumptions either, but solid evidence.

You shouldn't compare Naruto to real life anyway.(sarcasm)
    Last edited by Heaven's Cloud; 10-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.