Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Well.....Ok....

So I wanna ask, why did he said that they would suffer more if they live? The point is, it happened exactly like he said... They suffered and became evil just like him... So was it all worth to push j-mans buttons?

You guys are assuming that Jiraya has more knowledge then a man who dedicated his existence for collecting power. I would expect he made a research on nearly every legendary item\jutsu\bloodline.

Hell, he even knew about The Sword of Totsuki....... Sure I can't say for sure that he knows about Rin'negan, if I said he does it would be an assumption... But a likely one..
    When you guys say he doesn't, it doesn't make sense to ME..

I would expect some would still say NO HE DOESN'T even after him being in Akastuki, WITNESSING IT.... But it's totally OK. ^^
    Ok, now thats reasonable, He could of known about the Rinnegan, but i doubt he knew the true potential of it, His goal was to learn all the Ninjutsu's in the world right? Sharingan and Rinnegan would of accomplished that goal very fast. But He does not keep the bloodline limit, if he did, im sure Kishi would of shown us a use of the bloodline limit he stole. Not once in his battle did she show a bloodline limit technique

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    That's because so far he had only 2 bodies....

First one was his first try, and I would think that he doesn't wanna take risk and use it on someone strong, so he used on a defenseless girl, just to see if succeeded.. He chose the second one out of desperate as shown, because hes arms were gone..

So so far, I don't think he had collected any useful bloodlines..

And I don't think Orochimaru truly knows about the full potential of the Sharingan (EMS)
    But knowing Orochimaru who doesn't have limits to his intelligence he would probebly guess it.. Usually he is very open minded and interested in everything there is to know...

Hell that's his goal, to know everything..>_>

First one was his first try, and I would think that he doesn't wanna take risk and use it on someone strong, so he used on a defenseless girl, just to see if succeeded.. He chose the second one out of desperate as shown, because hes arms were gone..

And I don't think Orochimaru truly knows about the full potential of the Sharingan (EMS)
    But knowing Orochimaru who doesn't have limits to his intelligence he would probebly guess it.. Usually he is very open minded and interested in everything there is to know...

i agree with you except the part about the girls body. orochimaru faced two kages with this body. one of them being sarutobi, feared as the strongest ninja alive. i really dont think he would risk fighting such a powerful shinobi with a weakass body. specially after all the planning that went into his destruction of konoha.

He IS strong on his own. It's not like he relays on the bodies. Besides, the bigger risk is using a strong body in the first try and knowing nothing about the outcome of the result.

But I Wouldn't know..It's just more likely..

well, oro is really cocky, so he might just have gone with a strong shinobi in his first try. but what i meant is that the body has to be strong, not the mind. since his jutsu for the transfer is a genjutsu type, or at least similar, i think he searched for a really strong body but not too much upstairs. i say this because i think he does rely on his bodies, if he didnt, then why want kimimaro's body so much. i think as strong as oro is, if he transfered himself lets say to konohamaru's body he wouldnt be so strong because of the limitations that body would give him.

Quote Originally Posted by master.roly View Post
    well, oro is really cocky, so he might just have gone with a strong shinobi in his first try. but what i meant is that the body has to be strong, not the mind. since his jutsu for the transfer is a genjutsu type, or at least similar, i think he searched for a really strong body but not too much upstairs. i say this because i think he does rely on his bodies, if he didnt, then why want kimimaro's body so much. i think as strong as oro is, if he transfered himself lets say to konohamaru's body he wouldnt be so strong because of the limitations that body would give him.
    That is invalid.
    Fuushi Tensei is physical Kinjutsu. Has nothing to do with Genjutsu.
    He paralyzes the victim with snake venom, and then takes him over physically.

Oro is little cocky, that doesn't mean he is dumb. Of course physically the body has to be strong and healthy, but nothing that says he must have a powerful body with powerful bloodline.

Fair enough, I can agree with that, except the bloodline transfer, Does it say in the manga he keeps the bloodline or was it implied? I don't really remember anything regarding retaining the bloodline limit. So as of now, i'm just assuming he can't. Doesn't really make sense though, I mean it's a Soul transfer right? How does he keep the Bloodline in itself? I know it was said that parts of the body's conscience stays, that makes sense, since the mind and the soul isn't tangible, unlike the body. Which would lead into another question, If the only people orochimaru took, were the good hearted folks. Would it mean eventually Oro would be good? All the previous minds of the body he has stolen eventually adds up right? Or he could eventually end up with a dissociative identity disorder.

In the long run, I think It would do more harm to oro then good if he kept switching bodies for 100 of years, the mind can only harness so much "other" conscious right?

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Quote Originally Posted by Zetta View Post
    Fair enough, I can agree with that, except the bloodline transfer, Does it say in the manga he keeps the bloodline or was it implied? I don't really remember anything regarding retaining the bloodline limit. So as of now, i'm just assuming he can't. Doesn't really make sense though, I mean it's a Soul transfer right? How does he keep the Bloodline in itself? I know it was said that parts of the body's conscience stays, that makes sense, since the mind and the soul isn't tangible, unlike the body. Which would lead into another question, If the only people orochimaru took, were the good hearted folks. Would it mean eventually Oro would be good? All the previous minds of the body he has stolen eventually adds up right? Or he could eventually end up with a dissociative identity disorder.

In the long run, I think It would do more harm to oro then good if he kept switching bodies for 100 of years, the mind can only harness so much "other" conscious right?
    Hmm, well as far as I recall I think the main reason Orochimaru wanted Sasuke was not only for his body, but eyes as well (Kabuto for his healing abilities?). I thought that anyway. About the good hearted thing and becoming a good guy, I dont think so. Its a soul transfer, meaning it wouldnt matter if the person before was a rapist, teacher or whatever you want to use, as long as Orochimaru's soul is there, it will have the characteristics of Oro, but with the bodily or physical traits of the previous or original owner.
    "I'm like the sun, I'm trying to shine on everybody"
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by MindWanderer View Post
    Hmm, well as far as I recall I think the main reason Orochimaru wanted Sasuke was not only for his body, but eyes as well (Kabuto for his healing abilities?). I thought that anyway. About the good hearted thing and becoming a good guy, I dont think so. Its a soul transfer, meaning it wouldnt matter if the person before was a rapist, teacher or whatever you want to use, as long as Orochimaru's soul is there, it will have the characteristics of Oro, but with the bodily or physical traits of the previous or original owner.
    According to the manga, its the person's subconcious that stays with them through each transfer, no where does it say the bodily traits transfer as well. Which would make sense since the Soul and Mind are something non-tangible while the body is. If you take a look at Kakuzu, he keeps the tangible part which is the body, and keeps there characterisitics (elemental affinity)