Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frog Katas?

Hybrid View

Frog Katas?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/420/12/

Any idea what frog katas are? And i wonder what type of sage techniques he has learned...He should be able to summon any frog like jiraiya and use some of the same techniques. cant wait to see naruto use something besides kage bunshin. so anybody know what frog katas are?

twitter.com/jedijuck

It's the Frog's fighting style.

its just an assumption but, katas are the hand signs that are used to initiate techniques so my best guess is that they are a form of seals that are used in the using of frog techniques

katas are sequences of moves, blocks, punches, kicks, etc..., which are used in a fight. katas do exist in the real world, ask any karate player. i know this because my brother has a 1st dan black belt. nothing to do with hand signs. so they r probably the sequences of fighting moves used in the frogs fighting style

Afro thunda has it right. This "Frog kata" translation refers "Kawazu kumite" (frog combat, also translated to "frog fu" before). It's not the hand seals, but the fighting style itself.

katas are passed down by martial artists generation to genarations most martial arts have katas

Banned
    The base definiton for Kata (型 or 形, literally: "form"?) is a Japanese word describing detailed choreographed patterns of movements practiced either solo or in pairs.

Straight from wiki.
    If you want to know something just Google it...

Thing is, the Japanese word "kata" is never used in the manga. What was used is "kumite"(lit. sparring/fighting/combat). Kishi was referring to the combat style rather than any move ("karate" itself as opposed to any of its "kata").

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Thing is, the Japanese word "kata" is never used in the manga. What was used is "kumite"(lit. sparring/fighting/combat). Kishi was referring to the combat style rather than any move ("karate" itself as opposed to any of its "kata").
    lmao kata and katas is the same thing.... Katas is just plural.....
    frog Katas pretty much means frog movement.

WTH are you talking about? I never mentioned anything about the plurality of kata (and most Japanese nouns have no plurals, anyway). I was saying the anything about kata are irrelevant to the manga. Kata was never mentioned. Kata was just a translator's choice of translating the original which apparently causes confusion. Kishi never intended to mean anything of the sort like that which we know as kata in martial arts.