Pain's biggest/only weakness

I was thinking about this as I saw Pain's scuffle with Kakashi. Pain's strength is his biggest weakness, the fact that his mind is divided up between 6 bodies. In a one-on-one fight, this is a huge asset, since he can focus all 6 bodies on one target. The example being the fight against Jiraiya, where Jiraiya was pretty much overwhelmed by the 6 bodies. The battle going on in the Leaf Village is a completely different type of fight though. Each of the bodies are separated from each other, meaning their individual strengths can't be used to support each other's weaknesses. It also means that Pain has to fight 6 different fights at once, giving each of the bodies his full attention, since none of the Leaf jounin should be scoffed at. I'm curious to see if he's going to be able to split his focus like that and still be as effective as he was during his battle with Jiraiya.

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Im sure there's a biggest twist to Pains technique. I seriously doubt that Pain would just dive into konoha without a major badass plan.

But from the info we have, that would seem to be the case.

Banned
    I agree too that his biggest advantage is his greatest weakness. Which is his abilities are split up among the six bodies. On the other hand, I think that Pain only controls the puppets up to a certain degree. I believe they have minds of their own. If they didn't, why would he tell them what to do before they started their attack on Konoha? So I don't believe the focus thing would be a problem, but the fact they are all one-dimensional will be a problem. The only one that seems well-rounded is the God Realm. The fact that they share the same vision will probably be negated also cause of the fact the split up. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Heaven's Cloud; 10-11-2008 at 03:34 AM.

I think Pain's biggest weakness is his erroneous thinking that he is a "god." People ALWAYS pay the price for the hubris, and Pain is no exception. He's not even immortal, all you have to do is figure out his secret and it's over for him. His Rinnegan is still an ocular jutsu so it's limited by what can be seen. Jiraiya took advantage of this, when he used that Katon jutsu that effectively blinded Pain so that he could retreat and prepare the genjutsu song. I can not WAIT for Pain to be decimated so that all the Pain fanboys can sit down.

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    LOL splitting bodies doesn't slow him down too much. I would say fighting alone each is S-Class Ninja. Why? Because 1 alone forced J-Man into sage mode and 1 alone is whooping Kakashi's ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster83 View Post
    I think Pain's biggest weakness is his erroneous thinking that he is a "god." People ALWAYS pay the price for the hubris, and Pain is no exception. He's not even immortal, all you have to do is figure out his secret and it's over for him. His Rinnegan is still an ocular jutsu so it's limited by what can be seen. Jiraiya took advantage of this, when he used that Katon jutsu that effectively blinded Pain so that he could retreat and prepare the genjutsu song. I can not WAIT for Pain to be decimated so that all the Pain fanboys can sit down.
    There goes the imaginary "know Pein's secret = auto win" thoughts again.

Pains weekness might be in those black Chakra high frequency receivers. If his bodies are linked to or replenished from an external source through the receivers, finding a way to block or interfere with the transmission might be a first step to stopping him.

Sounds like a job for Neji.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Pains weekness might be in those black Chakra high frequency receivers. If his bodies are linked to or replenished from an external source through the receivers, finding a way to block or interfere with the transmission might be a first step to stopping him.

Sounds like a job for Neji.
    The transmission is coming from Nagato...

I think pein doesn't care. I don't think he would care if all those bodies were destroyed during this assault. He would probably be shown ten minutes later, somewhere else, with six new bodies. The only body he might be pissed about losing is his friends.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    I think pein doesn't care. I don't think he would care if all those bodies were destroyed during this assault. He would probably be shown ten minutes later, somewhere else, with six new bodies. The only body he might be pissed about losing is his friends.
    Agreed God Realm(Yahiko) and Konan is the only important allies of Nagato IMO.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    I was thinking about this as I saw Pain's scuffle with Kakashi. Pain's strength is his biggest weakness, the fact that his mind is divided up between 6 bodies. In a one-on-one fight, this is a huge asset, since he can focus all 6 bodies on one target. The example being the fight against Jiraiya, where Jiraiya was pretty much overwhelmed by the 6 bodies. The battle going on in the Leaf Village is a completely different type of fight though. Each of the bodies are separated from each other, meaning their individual strengths can't be used to support each other's weaknesses. It also means that Pain has to fight 6 different fights at once, giving each of the bodies his full attention, since none of the Leaf jounin should be scoffed at. I'm curious to see if he's going to be able to split his focus like that and still be as effective as he was during his battle with Jiraiya.
    I thought about this when i first read 420. I imagined that at one point it would be funny if Kakashi threw a shuriken at god realms eyes, but he just stood there and took the hit because he was doing some attack with the another body.