Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ok what if the only way to defeat him was to somehow remove the piercings from the bodies?

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/420/15/
    and
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/420/16/

the nurse is holding one of the piercings so they obviously come out it only became active after pains group arrived, but neither panel supports or disproves your theory there could be other possibles, such as how do they all see everything that there group can see, perhaps its just a transmitter so they can see through each others eyes, hear, smell ect. so that they can act as a cohesive group. they could be control crystals like is stated here. or they could even be just what pain uses to keep then alive and they are nothing more then willing particpants that already died at one time.

One more thing to consider also. The piercings are transmitters and allows Nagato to animate and use each of the Pein bodies abilities, right? Shikamaru stated once that every ninjutsu has a limit. Pein's seems to be range.
    Look at the Pein body that was examined, it did not reanimate with the others while fighting the J-Man because it was already out of either Nagato's range to transmit or the bodies have to be within a certain proximity to each other to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by dapunisher View Post
    One more thing to consider also. The piercings are transmitters and allows Nagato to animate and use each of the Pein bodies abilities, right? Shikamaru stated once that every ninjutsu has a limit. Pein's seems to be range.
    Look at the Pein body that was examined, it did not reanimate with the others while fighting the J-Man because it was already out of either Nagato's range to transmit or the bodies have to be within a certain proximity to each other to operate.
    I think that you are on track there, but it would have meant the one that Jiriya managed to defeat, if he still had piercing in him, would have reanimated because Pain(God Realm? or Nagato) was within range to have direct control over him.

thats right.. they got the piercings out before the paths started the kohona invasion. or else the original animal realm would've just sat up and started summoning once they got in range

the rods are likely also directly connected to the Rin'negan itself somehow.. as its nagato's (or more likely a combo of nagato and the chakra absorbed by the hungry ghost/preta sphere path) chakra that both flows into the paths via the receptors and acts as the medium for him to control the bodies (which is why all the paths also have the rin'negan, as its nagato's chakra essentially powering them) ..

and its only the ones that dont go completely through body parts that seem to be 'sharpened'

I stand by my guess that the body piercings are in chakra points specific to what that path controls, and that removing even one will render them pretty much useless
    come fight my brute here

I've also started to think in that area.

Which means that Nagato is likely to be in Konoha or close to it.

Which will make it a lot easier to actually find him instead of having to travel to the rain country.

Spoiler!

Awesome, just awesome

There's sexy in there SakeSensei's Avatar
    death to Pain! he was foolish for invading konoha the way he did anyway that ballsy overconfident bastard

Watch pein start pwning again, Its just like how Kakashi was getting pwned by Pein, then all of sudden people love him cuz of his badass. Same thing with Pein, He hasn't showed us his true strength yet.

Zetta Recommends: Naruto, Claymore, Death note, Elfen Lied, Berserk, Monster, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Bleach,

Gameboy: "Its better to fight with honor than be silent and shit bricks"

Quote Originally Posted by zeroLT View Post
    I think that you are on track there, but it would have meant the one that Jiriya managed to defeat, if he still had piercing in him, would have reanimated because Pain(God Realm? or Nagato) was within range to have direct control over him.
    I think that 's because Ma frog had already left with the body. Remember that Jiraiya and Pa frog appeared outside of the trap barrier behind Pein to reinitiate the battle.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/381/12/

The barrier obviously disrupted something in the body that allowed it to fully function properly although it was still used as a conduit for that charkra disruption thing that Pein does.

I think that 's because Ma frog had already left with the body. Remember that Jiraiya and Pa frog appeared outside of the trap barrier behind Pein to reinitiate the battle.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/381/12/

The barrier obviously disrupted something in the body that allowed it to fully function properly although it was still used as a conduit for that charkra disruption thing that Pein does.
    I think it was more due to the fact that he was cut in half. Probably