Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar

Angry MS is overthought

We all think that MS is difficult to obtain, that it requires you to kill your best friend. We also think that in order to obtain EMS, you need to take the eyes of your brother who has MS. I say that we are all wrong. Why? because MS is a Sharingan, nothing more, nothing less.

Here's how someone really gets MS... They have to need it. Yup, it's that simple. Sharingan is gotten the same way, through need.

Sharingan is awakened when someone with Uchiha blood, really needs it. You might say, "Where's the proof?" Well the truth is right in front of our eyes. Sasuke awakened Sharingan for the first time when he thought that Itachi might kill him. He awakened the Sharingan the second time when he needed to see what Haku was doing, because of Haku's speed. Sasuke's Sharingan gained its third tomoe when he needed to be able to keep up with Naruto.

Obito awakened his Sharingan when he needed to save Kakashi.

Now onto the MS part. Madara and his brother awakened his MS through competition. Basically, they were competing within the clan, for control of the clan. So, how do you beat another Sharingan? With a better one! So they both obtained MS. Then, Madara relized that he was going blind. He needed anothet set of eyes that wouldn't lose their sight. That's how Madara obtained EMS.

More recently, Itachi awakened his MS through beating Shisui. But He didn't fight Shisui just to gain MS. He fought him because Shisui found out about Itachi's mission to kill the Uchiha clan. So how would Itachi beat Shisui "the body flicker/mirage"? With a better Sharingan!

Even more recently, Kakashi awakened MS. How would he awaken MS? He needed a better Sharingan to keep up with Gai who is really fast after he has opened up a couple of gates.

Sasuke's MS is the only oddball, because he didn't need it immediately, but he did need it to destroy Konoha. He also needed a new power to save Karin.

So overall, we are overthinking this whole MS thing, because the characters in th manga only knew of how they obtained MS. They did not take into consideration how others got theirs. So Itachi told Sasuke to kill his best friend, because that's how he got his MS.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    overRATED.

and the "heres how someone really gets MS... they have to need it" has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    That makes sense. If I can borrow an example from DBZ. It was presummed that in order to achieve Super Saiyan, you had to go through an extreme loss like witnessing your friend/someone close to you die. Like Trunks/Goku/Gohan achieved theirs. But Vegeta came along and proved that theory wrong.
    dude you just made me think of something when did sasuke first use the black flames. It was when he found out his brother did not betray him ergo the loss of someone important.

Thunder-mouse Master! Aleph-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks! I was tired of searching the web and finding nothing but MS theories that ade no sense. So, I decided to put forth my own theory that actually makes sense.
    Spoiler!

72 hours of hell!
    Spoiler!

I can't wait!

i can agree with that.

Heroes Don't Hav Red Eyes Immortal-JyNxX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    That makes sense. If I can borrow an example from DBZ. It was presummed that in order to achieve Super Saiyan, you had to go through an extreme loss like witnessing your friend/someone close to you die. Like Trunks/Goku/Gohan achieved theirs. Well Gohan was trained to pretend his mother and friends die to the hands of Frieza, but you know what I mean. But Vegeta came along and proved that theory wrong.
    You're 80% wrong. Super Saiyan is achieved by an extreme emotional event. Not exactly only loss but that can work. In Vegeta's case it was the realization that Goku was effin 100% more awesome than him at the moment.
    I'm right so if you have another opinion about anything you're wrong!! ...Well unless you said Karin would live or Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes lol!

Phixion loves to delete my "witty" post..

If it were this simple to obtain the MS, there wouldn't be special requirements to obtain it. "You have to need it" is way too simple. There has to be some kind of loss whether it be emotional or otherwise to get MS. We can't really say anything with 100% certainty about how Madara and his brother obtained MS since all we have to go on is one panel with blood in it before we see them with it.

The pain of loss -> the need and will to power -> awakening of the human spirit -> transformation

It's nothing new in the land of Shonen. I think you're right in that the will to power is all it takes to achieve this awakening, but no one just discovers that need - it needs an impetus.

So yes, all you need is need in a sense. But to get need you need pain.

I think I just stumbled across something... is that why Pain wants to bring "pain" to everyone? Nevermind, I'll not derail the topic.

Oh, @ Immortal-JyNxX & Hand Banana: I hate to be a complete jerk but the whole Super Saiyan = MS thing is plausible until Goten and Trunks enter the picture, as they become Super Saiyans for no particular reason whatsoever.

i'll go with what the manga states, which till now seems that you must either kill or be responsible for the death of your closest person, your theory seems interesting but i'll disagree till the manga says your right

You were right hand banana i looked it up just in case, madara does not tell sasuke about his brother itachi being good untill after the sharingan is shown that triggers the black flames. So sasuke did not know his brother was good when he used it.

even tho madara says it must have been implanted by itachi i still have my doubts. Killing your own brother should be enough to earn you MS and itachi could have just placed a order to use it against madara's sharingan, instead of transferring and placing the order. Its confusing but imho madara is not a very trust worth source of info at this point as he obviously has his own plans just like itachi did. i mean heck were we not all fooled by itachi untill sasuke killed him.