Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaara's Element

Decidedly Undecided

Claymore Gaara's Element

Gaara uses sand in combat. You know it. I know it. His crushed enemies know it. But, one such as myself, who always has to think outside the box, must wonder, 'what's Gaara's element?'. I'm pretty sure it's Douton, since he uses sand, which is made up of earth and all. Any thoughts?

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    I think its earth and wind. Since he can make his sand fly....

or it could be water.

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Water would be his weakness.
    earth is weak against water? or wait he isn't confirmed to be earth yet.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagane, the Ice Nomad View Post
    Gaara uses sand in combat. You know it. I know it. His crushed enemies know it. But, one such as myself, who always has to think outside the box, must wonder, 'what's Gaara's element?'. I'm pretty sure it's Douton, since he uses sand, which is made up of earth and all. Any thoughts?
    I don't think him controlling his sand has anything to do with his element affinity. I think it was explained somewhere that the sand he carries is just extreme mineral rich sand that he infuses his chakra. It might have been the fight where he saved Lee from Kimimaru.

It would make sense though, for him to have an earth affinity. But still I've never seen him use an elemental jutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru-sensei View Post
    I don't think him controlling his sand has anything to do with his element affinity. I think it was explained somewhere that the sand he carries is just extreme mineral rich sand that he infuses his chakra. It might have been the fight where he saved Lee from Kimimaru.

It would make sense though, for him to have an earth affinity. But still I've never seen him use an elemental jutsu.
    not dead wrong but wrong none the less, gaara has the ability to turn anything into sand by crushing it, the harder the object the better sand it makes but the more chakra it took gaara in the series to make it. that is why in the series he always carries that jug with him which is special mineral rich chakra drenched sand he made before hand so in a fight he would not have to waste all that chakra to make it. thus the reason it was his defensive sand, he used cheaper and easier to make sand for attacking. that was how deidra knew how to beat him he/she =p realized only the some that some of the sand was the special sand he used for defense

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Water would be his weakness.
    Actually, lightning.
    Just so you know, children...

I Rule.

you're too troublesome Shikamaru-sensei's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ydoc View Post
    not dead wrong but wrong none the less, gaara has the ability to turn anything into sand by crushing it, the harder the object the better sand it makes but the more chakra it took gaara in the series to make it. that is why in the series he always carries that jug with him which is special mineral rich chakra drenched sand he made before hand so in a fight he would not have to waste all that chakra to make it. thus the reason it was his defensive sand, he used cheaper and easier to make sand for attacking. that was how deidra knew how to beat him he/she =p realized only the some that some of the sand was the special sand he used for defense
    I don't get it, what was I wrong about? The only thing I suggested was that his affinity doesn't have anything to do with him controlling sand. But anyways I'm curious to know where there is an example you could show me of Gaara turning something into sand. As far as I know he crushes things with his sand, but doesn't turn things into sand by crushing it, as your suggesting.

I agree that if Gaara has an affinity then it is most likely earth or wind.

Water element may not be the weakness of earth element, but it is reasonable to say that water is the weakness of sand because of how it erodes the sand so easily. Ever tried to build a sand castle only to have it washed away 30 minutes later when the tide comes in? It is noted though, that there is no manga evidence that says Gaara's sand is weak to water.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamaru-sensei View Post
    I don't get it, what was I wrong about? The only thing I suggested was that his affinity doesn't have anything to do with him controlling sand. But anyways I'm curious to know where there is an example you could show me of Gaara turning something into sand. As far as I know he crushes things with his sand, but doesn't turn things into sand by crushing it, as your suggesting.
    >.> you serious?

Sand is a naturally occurring granular material composed of finely divided rock and mineral particles.

The composition of sand is highly variable, depending on the local rock sources and conditions. The bright white sands found in tropical and subtropical coastal settings are eroded limestone and may contain coral and shell fragments in addition to other organic or organically derived fragmental material.[1] The gypsum sand dunes of the White Sands National Monument in New Mexico are famous for their bright, white color. Arkose is a sand or sandstone with considerable feldspar content, derived from the weathering and erosion of a (usually nearby) granite. Some sands contain magnetite, chlorite, glauconite or gypsum. Sands rich in magnetite are dark to black in color, as are sands derived from volcanic basalts and obsidian. Chlorite-glauconite bearing sands are typically green in color, as are sands derived from basalt (lava) with a high olivine content. Many sands, especially those found extensively in Southern Europe, have iron impurities within the quartz crystals of the sand, giving a deep yellow colour. Sand deposits in some areas contain garnets and other resistant minerals, including some small gemstones.

Sand is transported by wind and water and deposited in the form of beaches, dunes, sand spits, sand bars and related features.

Sand is nothing but finely ground up anything thats available really. it has nothing to do with what the sand is made of.

and here is proof
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page009.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page010.html
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...5/page011.html

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page003.html
    he says on this page "From underground I Collect the strongest minerals..."
    "With Chakra I Pressurize them into dense sand around me."
    in this scene he is referring to his ultimate defense so he has to pressurize minerals to make the sand then make it dense for defense.

another interesting bit is here
    http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/ch...7/page010.html
    on this page he states "I was always able to use the sand to carry me..." "It Was a simple task."

What I meant you are wrong about is stating that he is turning things into sand, because sand is nothing more then finely crushed particles of basically anything available. you can make sand out of basically anything that does not go below this size.

my point is he doesn't need to have sand to make sand, because anything that can be made into sand he controls, if there's a rock of limestone he can pressurize it and cause it to become sand.

yes i am saying he has the ability to control objects that are potential sand. Infact if i had to say he is any element it would be earth but he is not like any earth user ever seen in the manga. now there was that one guy in the anime that had the same abilities as gaara, but he died off to fast.

His powers are obviously related to the one tail he has inside of him, perhaps it is a combination of gaara's earth chakra and the unique chakra of the one tail that gives him the special abilities.

SO 14688 grades sands as fine, medium and coarse with ranges 0.063 mm to 0.2 mm to 0.63 mm to 2.0 mm. In USA, sand is commonly divided into five sub-categories based on size: very fine sand (1/16 - 1/8 mm diameter), fine sand (1/8 mm - 1/4 mm), medium sand (1/4 mm - 1/2 mm), coarse sand (1/2 mm - 1 mm), and very coarse sand (1 mm - 2 mm). These sizes are based on the Φ sediment size scale, where size in Φ = -log base 2 of size in mm. On this scale, for sand the value of Φ varies from -1 to +4, with the divisions between sub-categories at whole numbers.

Cool

It's Earth & Lightning......100% sure.

1. I am strongly betting one of the requirement for Gaara to manipulate the Sand is to have some affinity with Earth. How, could they now if he has Earth Chakra. They could have perform some testing at birth or within the Mother womb remember Gaara Mother die from the procedure to attach the Sand to him and insert the One Tailed Beast.

2. Remember Naruto 2nd Movie. If so you will remember Gaara fighting some woman who could transform herself into a beast and use Lightning Jutsu. Gaara defeated her by using his own Lightning attack in combination with his sand.
    IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE I'M FROM TAKE A LOOK HERE MY FRIEND:
    Spoiler!