Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Just wondering...

I am just wondering the real face of kakashi.. IS he looks like a girl or a guy.. This thoght came to me after he said to naruto that "Naruto, I think I'm in love woth you.." hehehehe.. Waht do you think, guys?

When did he ever say that?

That was after Kakashi gave Naruto the idea to use 2 clones to combine his Wind element into the Rasengan. Although, that line is translated differently in every translation I've read. Anyway's its implied that he's got a guy's face if you've ever read Chapter 100 or 101 (one of those) where he eats Ramen.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    When did he ever say that?
    REad Chapter 330.. He really said it..

Last edited by Archiel; 10-08-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Oh, gotcha. That panel reads, in Japanese,
    "オレはお前の事がものすごく好きになってきたぞ"!" "Ore wa omae no koto ga mono sugoku suki ni natte kita zo!", which literally means, "I'm beginning to greatly like things about you!", which, to me, simply means, just that. However, it's horribly close to a confession to the Japanese, to whom something like "Ore wa omae no koto ga suki da" (I like you) is a confession of eternal love. Thus, I'd imagine Naruto, in his perverted, slow, mind, confusing it, and Kakashi taking advantage of that to get the joke in.

The translator chose to translate it that way for the joke to make sense in English. I wouldn't make too much out of it.

Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    Oh, gotcha. That panel reads, in Japanese,
    "オレはお前の事がものすごく好きになってきたぞ"!" "Ore wa omae no koto ga mono sugoku suki ni natte kita zo!", which literally means, "I'm beginning to greatly like things about you!", which, to me, simply means, just that. However, it's horribly close to a confession to the Japanese, to whom something like "Ore wa omae no koto ga suki da" (I like you) is a confession of eternal love. Thus, I'd imagine Naruto, in his perverted, slow, mind, confusing it, and Kakashi taking advantage of that to get the joke in.

The translator chose to translate it that way for the joke to make sense in English. I wouldn't make too much out of it.

Read Chpater 330 page 7.. You will see there and I dont think its a joke because it was a serious conversation between naruto and kakashi...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's exactly what I'm talking about. You see that upper right hand panel with Kakashi talking? That contained the Japanese text I wrote in my post. Kakashi clearly said he liked "things about you (Naruto)" which Naruto misunderstood to be a confession "I really like you".

This is why it's sometimes difficult to rely on translations, because a lot of things get lost in between. It was a joke that would only have made sense to the Japanese, and the translator had to improvise to not lose the humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I can barely see that.
    I'll fix that for you:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Awesome, just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    LMAO I remember that now. Thanks.
    Sure no problem.

But then again. If you would've read the manga 6-8 times, you would've remembered that.

Spoiler!

Awesome, just awesome