View Poll Results: Who is the strongest Shichibukai?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

25 55.56%
  • Boa Hancock

2 4.44%
  • Crocodile

1 2.22%
  • Blackbeard(Pre Timeskip)

5 11.11%
  • Jinbei

0 0%
  • Kuma

3 6.67%
  • Gecko Moria

0 0%
  • Doflamingo

5 11.11%
  • Buggy obviously

4 8.89%
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boboexe View Post
    I love these discussions although they are still kinda pointless. Most of the contributions so far were based on assumptions without a single fact. In order to determine who of the warlords is stronger we have to see them fighting in a fair 1vs1 match, which probably wont happen. However I think we can exclude boa and moria.
    Lolz, you don't know how wrong you are there. The beauty of these debates/discussions is that we can make these assumptions. Without them, it'ld just be a is stronger than b, no question, no dicussion, boring days as we wait for next chapter (as it's been like for the past few months).
    Boa has a temperamental character which is a weakness by itself, her powers wont work on serious opponents, her haki is mediocore-weak ( Smoker didnt even get a scratch after she kicked him with haki. And I am pretty sure she put a lot of effort in that kick, since she wanted to protect her beloved fuckbody.)
    While I agree Boa wouldn't be towards the strongest, I wouldn't put her too far down. Her haki mediocore? She send Smoker flying and broke his jite with Kairoseki in it. She kicked a pasifista's face like it was nothing. I would rank her equal to current Luffy at least.
    Moria lacks mobility, the will to strengthen his body and like boa has an unsuitable character profile+ like people mentioned before he got his ass kicked pretty often
    While I agree his weak compared to the others, I wouldn't put him down that easily. Any other Supernova or that time would have lost to him. Anyone below a Shichibukai would have been taken down by him. He wasn't even afraid of Kuma. Lacks mobility? Don't forget that he can swap places with his Shadow anytime he wants. Wouldn't call that lacking mobility, although I do admit his more of a strength based fighter (then again, so is Oz Jr, can you blame them for relying on their size?).
    The whole rest seems pretty balanced for me. Taking out fodder pirates with their ships indicates nothing. Every top tier chara can do that. Comparing anyone with shanks is invalid since we havent seen him fighting yet (correct meh if I am wrong). When claiming 4 great pirates = marine +7 warlords, people overlook that 4 great pirates not only mean 4 captains but also their crew which isnt unrelevant.(Marco, hozu etc.). As a result the assumption great pirate(for example shanks)> warlord(except boa and moria) isnt backed up by facts. Shanks even with both arms doesnt have to be stronger than for example Kuma.
    4 Great Pirates = Marine + 7 Warlords works. I mean look at WB, it was him + his crew vs 3 Admirals + 7 Warlords, and they were even most of the time. Had they had Ace on their side, and WB not been ill, the battle might have gone in WB's favour. I'm not saying WB in prime could have taken them all on the same time. But for a man to command guys like Ace, Marco and Jaws, his strength must be something else. Even Zoro had said in the latest chapter, had Luffy not been stronger than them (him and Sanji), they would have found themselves a new captain. That's why Yonkou > Admiral > Shichibukai. Shanks weaker than Kuma? Please, Shanks at least = Dragon >>>> Kuma. No question. Look at how easily a Luffy took out a Pacifista, Shanks = Rayleigh >>> Luffy. Kuma is essentially a Pasifista with a DF ability, from what we saw during the war, he doesn't even evade attacks anymore. Indeed, people like Doflamingo and Mihawk abilities are unknown. But Kuma, Jimbei and Moria at least we should be able to make fairly accurate assumptions.
    Furthermore assuming haki = autowin is pretty naive (btw there isnt a proof that mihafk posses haki, ).
    True. But it does give you a huge advantage in battle. And in the NW, it's kinda like a prerequisite.
    Heck I wont be even surprised if shanks ends up as fodder for Blackbeard and Mihawk dies by the hand of Shiryu.
    If anyone had created a thread 1 year ago ace vs blackbeard most of u would have voted for ace.
    in beforehand srry for my english skills.
    Sad, but most likely true. BB is going to have to surpass everyone else to become the final enemy. It is his age now afterall.....

I thought the guy you replied to was a troll...

It was amazing how much was mistaken (and/or) wrong in his post... although you didn't disagree with him on all parts where I felt it should had been, idk I'll edit this when I get home tonight for a more detailed response.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post

It was amazing how much was mistaken (and/or) wrong in his post... although you didn't disagree with him on all parts where I felt it should had been, idk I'll edit this when I get home tonight for a more detailed response.
    Lolz, well, what would you consider more entertaining? Calling the guy a troll and having it end there, or debate about it and hope the thread picks up again?

I am not forcing my opinion upon u. If u dont like it, thats not my problem.

Lolz, you don't know how wrong you are there. The beauty of these debates/discussions is that we can make these assumptions. Without them, it'ld just be a is stronger than b, no question, no dicussion, boring days as we wait for next chapter (as it's been like for the past few months).
    sorry I slightly overdid it.

She send Smoker flying and broke his jite with Kairoseki in it. She kicked a pasifista's face like it was nothing.
    Her haki was enough to materialize him and push him away, but in the following picture with his reaction I didnt notice any damage neither on his face nor his body. Considering boa often lets her emotions take control of her actions she wouldnt kick him slightly.Especially not in such a crucial moment.
    Now compare this "0 damage kick" with blackbeards attempt to sink the whole marine hq.

Shanks weaker than Kuma? Please, Shanks at least = Dragon >>>> Kuma.
    This applied for the period when kuma served under dragon. Between that period and now many developments could have happened. (best example is blackbeard, maybe already the strongest
    being in the OP world)
    we never saw shanks fight, we never saw dragon fight, and we never saw kuma fight seriously. He and blackbeard werent confronted with crucial situations yet,where they were forced to use advanced techniques(except bb vs ace fight which can be considered as history now.)
    Furthermore they werent attacked by a serious opponent, so evading wasnt necessary.

Shanks and Dragon represent certain ideals, have special human traits like a magic spark in their eyes. This alone can force people to develop a certain level of devotion. Actual strength doesnt have to be involved. I only agree with whitebeard since strength and manliness belong to his "attractivity" for other pirates. He is basically the incarnation of these 2 elements. Zorro is a character who only judges by strength so if he belonged to the previous era he could have chosen Whitebeard (stregth and dominance)over shanks(ideals) or dragon (fight for freedom).

Look at how easily a Luffy took out a Pacifista
    call me crazy but i think there are worlds between copies and the original.Why should vegapunk (who is supposed to be a genius) delete kumas character in order to create a weaker shikibukai?
    Doesnt make sense right and I doubt he didnt believe in kumas loyality. Kuma lost his character
    but probably kept his ability to think logically. And I still believe neither he nor blackbeard are weaker than shanks and Mihafk.

Now I would like to clarify I am neither a kuma nor Blackbeard fan. It is just pretty annoying that most of the contributions in such threads come from Mihafk, Itachi (and similar stereotypical characters) fanboys. None of these contributions are proven or based on real facts. (again it is my opinion which I dont consider absolute. If u assume the comparison with shanks is a proof I probably wont bite u)

Quote Originally Posted by boboexe View Post
    Her haki was enough to materialize him and push him away, but in the following picture with his reaction I didnt notice any damage neither on his face nor his body. Considering boa often lets her emotions take control of her actions she wouldnt kick him slightly.Especially not in such a crucial moment.
    Now compare this "0 damage kick" with blackbeards attempt to sink the whole marine hq.
    Lolz, don't forget that you yourself said haki =/= auto win. Marco and Vista are both expert haki users, yet their attacks did nothing to Akainu. And they were in a desperate situation themselves. And how do we know it didn't injure Smoker? His face is always angry. Even if he was injured in the back, it's not like his gonna show it. And there's no doubt that his at least RA level or higher. Your just assuming is bad at taking hits.
    Using BB's attempt to sink the whole island is stupid, seriously. That's the Quake Fruits ability. I bet you even by the end of OP, Luffy, Zoro and Sanji won't have the power to sink an entire island. Doesn't mean they would be weaker than BB, much less pre timeskip BB. Heck, Shanks doesn't even have a DF ability, nor does Rayleigh, and yet they would have prob beaten WB pre timeskip had they actually fought seriously. (No illness to wear them out.) Besides that, from what we've seen, had BB attacked Smoker with his quake, most likely than not, it would have just went through him. Vibrations don't really affect smoke.
    This applied for the period when kuma served under dragon. Between that period and now many developments could have happened. (best example is blackbeard, maybe already the strongest being in the OP world)
    While plausible, I don't know why you think that way. As we've seen throughout this manga, if the crew improves, the captain improves as well. What makes you think Kuma would have grown stronger, while Dragon stayed still. While Kuma works for the government, Dragon is going around taking down countries. It's not like his been sitting around watching TV all day.
    we never saw shanks fight, we never saw dragon fight, and we never saw kuma fight seriously. He and blackbeard werent confronted with crucial situations yet,where they were forced to use advanced techniques(except bb vs ace fight which can be considered as history now.)
    Furthermore they werent attacked by a serious opponent, so evading wasnt necessary.
    True, we've never seen Shanks or Dragon fight seriously. But we've seen what they can do when their not. Shanks pared WB's attack on the Moby, their attack split the sky. Dragon's DF ability totally changed the weather at Logue Town, and would appear to be a haki user as well. Neither of them were serious when they were doing these things, yet look at the scale of power they possess. If they were serious, their ability would surpass this easily. We've never seen Kuma fight seriously? He never was attacked by a serious opponent? Last I recall, he got pawned by Iva's galaxy wink. Didn't see him dodge that. How many times was he kicked by Iva and sent flying? The original him dodged Zoro's attacks even though he knew Zoro couldn't cut through his steel. Iva's attacks are easily on a level above pre time skip Zoros. So why was dodging Zoro necessary and Iva not?
    Shanks and Dragon represent certain ideals, have special human traits like a magic spark in their eyes. This alone can force people to develop a certain level of devotion. Actual strength doesnt have to be involved. I only agree with whitebeard since strength and manliness belong to his "attractivity" for other pirates. He is basically the incarnation of these 2 elements. Zoro is a character who only judges by strength so if he belonged to the previous era he could have chosen Whitebeard (stregth and dominance)over shanks(ideals) or dragon (fight for freedom).
    Ok, show me a crew with a Captain weaker than his subordinates (bar Buggy cos their idiots, although considering his DF and his toughness [seriously, how many attacks did he take during the war and ID], I doubt any of them could actually injure him.) Look at all the supernova's. Heck, look at the marines even. Even though Sengoku is meant to be the strategist, there's no doubt he could take down any of the Admirals 1v1 if he felt like it. Ideals maybe one thing, but if they don't even have the strength to achieve them, then it's like not having them at all.
    call me crazy but i think there are worlds between copies and the original.Why should vegapunk (who is supposed to be a genius) delete kumas character in order to create a weaker shikibukai?
    Doesnt make sense right and I doubt he didnt believe in kumas loyality. Kuma lost his character
    but probably kept his ability to think logically. And I still believe neither he nor blackbeard are weaker than shanks and Mihafk.
    Kuma is the original PX-0. They used prototype parts on him. If anything, the stuff like Lazers and Steel armour would have made him stronger than he was when he was human. But the earlier PX's would have been based off him, made from the same parts and such. They were only really created to test out the artificial intelligence/mind in case it failed with the original. And don't forget, Sentomaru clearly said that the PX's have been upgraded since the war. During that time, Kuma sat in front of the Sunny, waiting for the SH's to come back. He didn't get any of the new upgrades. If anything, the new pasifistas would be stronger than the original.
    And losing his ability to think logically would make him stronger? Come on, all the PX knew how to do was shot lazers, and that's about it. No tactics, no strategies, nothing. He doesn't think logically any more. Haki would mean his paws can't defect anymore. And from what we've seen, Luffy, Zoro and Sanji can easily break through that tough armour of his. Much less BB and Shanks. Him = them? No way.
    Now I would like to clarify I am neither a kuma nor Blackbeard fan. It is just pretty annoying that most of the contributions in such threads come from Mihafk, Itachi (and similar stereotypical characters) fanboys. None of these contributions are proven or based on real facts. (again it is my opinion which I dont consider absolute. If u assume the comparison with shanks is a proof I probably wont bite u)
    Fanboys I ain't. But some things we've been shown are evidence enough for us to decide who's stronger than who. Mihawk > Vista, who we know is a haki user. That alone is enough to show us his strength. Shanks easily, and single headedly (pun intended) stopped Akainu's punch. What has Kuma shown us? He got thrashed by Iva, who got taken down quite easily by Akainu. BB has been shown to take attacks from near dead WB and also from Sengoku, and ran away from Akainu, even though he had his crew on his side and Akainu was alone.

LOL ill add this.
    the opinions do not make a troll , wrongness does.
    1. kuma is not as strong as shanks let just get that put down now. shanks is an emperor kuma is a war lord there for not as strong thats all there is to it.
    2. your not getting the significance of that attack boa made. smoker was pawning luffy and she came in and brushed in off like he was nothing. she was not doing damage because she probably was probably not going all out with him either.
    3. BB was not near the strongest war lord B4 the war when he was actually a war lord. 5 out of the 7 origanal war lords would have had an advantage on him B4 the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    LOL ill add this.
    the opinions do not make a troll , wrongness does.
    1. kuma is not as strong as shanks let just get that put down now. shanks is an emperor kuma is a war lord there for not as strong thats all there is to it.
    2. your not getting the significance of that attack boa made. smoker was pawning luffy and she came in and brushed in off like he was nothing. she was not doing damage because she probably was probably not going all out with him either.
    3. BB was not near the strongest war lord B4 the war when he was actually a war lord. 5 out of the 7 origanal war lords would have had an advantage on him B4 the war.
    1.younkou ,admiral or shichibukai title is not a guarantee about someone stronger.kuma maybe weaker than shanks.but mihawk and shanks fight on par.besides most of the shichi does nothing in the war.
    2.Boa have the king disposition,aside form that smoker is no match for her.
    3.Bb is a pussy..he won`t go a fight that don`t benefit him.he could fight with akainu..but his entire new formed crew could be demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

I wanna join the discussion but damn, Chaos is putting walls of text here... too lazy to read em all, I'll just assume CM is taking care of business here. And oh yean, I still think Mihawk is still the strongest out of the bunch.

sig made by me

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    1.younkou ,admiral or shichibukai title is not a guarantee about someone stronger.kuma maybe weaker than shanks.but mihawk and shanks fight on par.besides most of the shichi does nothing in the war.
    2.Boa have the king disposition,aside form that smoker is no match for her.
    3.Bb is a pussy..he won`t go a fight that don`t benefit him.he could fight with akainu..but his entire new formed crew could be demolished.
    no offence there is no argument what so ever to say kuma is stronger or even with shanks. also the rest of that is just about what i said.
    I wanna join the discussion but damn, Chaos is putting walls of text here... too lazy to read em all, I'll just assume CM is taking care of business here. And oh yean, I still think Mihawk is still the strongest out of the bunch.
    yes cm IS serving it up like he always does lol.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

island is stupid, seriously. That's the Quake Fruits ability.
    The origin isnt important, only the result. Fact is he can even split the ocean and crushed whole marine ships without even targeting them.
    Noone cares how he obtained this power. As long as he can use it any time it is part of his character. Let alone that this one doesnt suffer from haki like for example logias+ can be used for 360% attacks+doesnt need contact to be deadly.
    Apart from that he has the same characteristic atributes like our dear protagonist(shit like always pursue ur dreams and never give up=auto win in 90% of shounen situations).
    So thereoretically if someone really tries to stop him from reaching his goal he will probably be able to deliver his opponent a proper experience,

And how do we know it didn't injure Smoker? His face is always angry.
    Actually its very simple if a shounen character get seriously wounded or scratched he definitely shows it in some way. Either barely able to stand up, or touching the wounded place, or having a suitable expression on his face before returning to his typical mimic art. Even whitebeard showed a cero expression in his eyes while being stabbed. Smoker not only didnt show any sign of pain(except the oof!) he even tried to continue attacking ruffy and ignoring Boa once again. U seriously believe her kick did any significant damage?. I am alsio pretty sure it was her near strongest attack. It served the purpose to protect ruffy.
    Quote:"I wont let u live I have never felt this angry in all my life"
    Accept it or not this is all she can do. She basically serves the sole purpose of the protagonists fuckbody to give birth to the next shounen hero. This charaterizes her more than the shikibukai title.

What makes you think Kuma would have grown stronger, while Dragon stayed still
    By ur logic Whitebeard should be super sajajin during the marine HQ fight. Fact is he was even weaker than in the past. The same applies for dragon and shanks. They are just humans = after reaching a certain age they wont get stronger so I not only assume but I am nearly sure neither dragon nor shanks leveled up. Their era is already over so there is no point to make them stronger.
    Their power level like Whitebeards reached its climax many years ago.
    How else do u expect ruffy to surpass them if they continuously level up? Kuma is supposed to be a threat for ruffy (like the other undefeated warlords)so he had probably already received upgrades after returning to vegapunk to keep the exitement of the series. I pretty much doubt they didnt repair him+that all his powers are revealed.
    During the war he only played a minor role so the author didnt bother to show a truly detailed and convincing kuma fight. Furthermore in the following picture he stood up like it was nothing so I doubt Iva did anything besides pushing him around. Sending a character flying in one piece doesnt mean to damage the character even in the slightest (except in case of fodder marines, pirates).

Shanks pared WB's attack on the Moby, their attack split the sky. Dragon's DF ability totally changed the weather at Logue Town, and would appear to be a haki user as well.
    Could u give me a hint around which chapter this happened I cant comment on that without having read them\read them once again.

And losing his ability to think logically would make him stronger?
    1st I never claimed that u havent read properly(or this is fault of my fantastic english abilities).
    2nd A machine can exceed human meantal capabilities. Have u ever played chess, tick tack toe, against a "perfect computer"? They seem kinda untouchable if programmed correctly. In a shounen with science fiction elements this principle can also apply for battle situation. Creating such programmes, which take all possible options into consideration is a hellish work but possible. Kuma is vegapunks greatest investion. Do u seriously believe he would allow a regular pacifista to be stronger or more intelligent?
    Of course ruffy will defeat him if he has too, since he as the protagonist ruffy gets support from this trashy shounen element which grants him the ability to defeat every guy in OP universe ignoring human logic. (see naruto, see sasuke)

In short my humble opinion. BB is strongest being in op(contradictory to my previous post i know)
    The whole rest(except boa and moria who portray the very bottom line) is balanced, while not being stronger kuma is not weaker than mihafk or shanks. I dont care if I am the only one in this community representing this opinion and I really hope this wall of text will entertain u.
    Last edited by boboexe; 08-14-2011 at 08:43 PM.