View Poll Results: Who is the strongest Shichibukai?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

25 55.56%
  • Boa Hancock

2 4.44%
  • Crocodile

1 2.22%
  • Blackbeard(Pre Timeskip)

5 11.11%
  • Jinbei

0 0%
  • Kuma

3 6.67%
  • Gecko Moria

0 0%
  • Doflamingo

5 11.11%
  • Buggy obviously

4 8.89%
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    The attack never landed on Whitebeard. Who is to say that it wouldn't have killed him? In fact, Jozu stopping the attack shows that it would have killed White Beard.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

No, it doesn't really. Jaws protected the ship, much like Marco protected WB. They just didn't want WB on the front lines straight away. You could argue that they didn't want him to stress his body because of his illness. Besides, I'm sure WB would have blocked it quite easily.

As for the Shichibukai, yeah, I doubt there's such a big power gap between them either. From what Moria showed us, they seemed to have researched each other's abilities and weaknesses before hand. Although I reckon the current Kuma maybe a weaker than he once was. Jimbei's strength lies mainly when his in the water, having said that, his still quite a beast on land. Boa, her haki control is as good as Luffy's, maybe even better, she's definitely up there. Mihawk has experience and reputation, and Doflamingo seems to have quite the big underground operation going on.

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    Best - MIhawk, Doflamingo, Kuma
    2nd - Boa, Jimbei
    3rd - Crocodile, Moria
    11th - Buggy unless he had a major power up

That's kinda how i see them, Croc and Moria are at the bottom because they rely too much on their df power, once they stop using it and started fighting with their own fist they both lost to luffy.

Buggy is obvious unless he met Bary Bonds and Roger Clemens trainers.

I put Boa 2nd to top because her df fruit has a major flaw, its not gonna work on people like Mihawk, luffy or jimbei, probably doflamingo though, shes strong but probably not as strong as the others. Jimbei is also in the 2nd row because he doesn't have a df power.

It should be obvious why Mihawk is at the top. I don't know if doflamingo ability is df related or not but its strong, he cut of oz jr leg likes it nothing, theres also the fact that he has personal conversations with the top of the navy brass. With Kumas robot body plus his ability and kizaru's lazers, hes the ultimate weapon

Im not quite sure where to rank blackbeard though, he has 2 hax df powers but he most likely neglects to train his body, and he is a whiner. And he ran away from akainu the last time we saw him
    Last edited by dct21; 05-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Hmm, while I agree with the most part, there are things I would put differently.

First would be Kuma, without his personality, it would appear as though his grown weaker. Back when he had his personality, he would TP and dodge all the attacks. This PX-0 hasn't shown any of that. It's more like a Tank, get hit and shoot, just like the rest of the PX's, thus I wouldn't rank him alongside, Mihawk, and perhaps even below Jimbei and Boa as Boa has shown that the steel is nothing to her.

Next, Saying Boa is 2nd from top because of her DF, I think is a bit off. We've been shown that her attacks, while incorporating some DF ability, do revolve around hand on hand combat. So while her main DF ability doesn't work (petrifying beam), her kicks and such still do. Add the fact that she's a pro haki user, and a soverign haki user, I wouldn't put her that far down that easily. And while her experience maybe less than the others (Jimbei went out to sea with Tiger 15 years ago, Mihawk during Roger's age 20 years ago), she excaped from the Teryubitto 15 years ago, assuming it took her 5 years to get back and train, she'ld still have been Shichibukai for a decade.

Third would be that Doflamingo's abilities are clearly DF related, in that it's a puppeteer ability (don't need to over think it, I mean look at what happened with Sengoku's buddha mystical Zoan). We haven't been shown any weaknesses to it either. But if you say Boa is 2nd tier (amongst Shichibukai) because her DF has a flaw, then you could say Doflamingo seems DF reliant, and that if a weakness/counter was found (sword made from sea stone perhaps?), his battle ability would drop below that of Boa's. Likewise, Jimbei being put down because he doens't have a DF, I mean Rayleigh doesn't have a DF, and he still kicks ass. Jimbei is much stronger underwater, it's a fact. However, on land, he 1 hit KO Moria, pretty much, just shows how much of a beast he is. Considering Pirates spend most of their time on water, I would call his underwater ability an advantage as well.

I wish they elaborated on the pirates/marines that went after the SH's ship during the 2 years, since I'm inclined to think Kuma is stronger as a robot overall - I wish they said how strong the guys were that went after the ship, not just "he stayed guarding the ship for 2 years" then showing him all beat the hell up.

I think he's stronger for the same reason Franky is stronger as a cyborg, true Kuma doesn't have his reasoning like Franky, even still his reaction time should be the same, even better since his muscles are hyped up - idk how robots work in OPU, the PX's seemed like they could only target 1 at a time (which would be a big draw back) however Kuma isn't a PX, I wish they went more into his abilities and how they differ (aside the obvious paw pads - which is something else too since if he can use them he should have some reasoning ability).

Although even with that I can't say he tops Mihawk, aside everything he's done he is set up to be Zoro's finale opponent, as Backbeard is set up to be Luffy's - and you know he will become one of the strongest characters in OPU because of that fact.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

While I can't speak for Kuma pre Cyborg mods, what I meant was that Kuma when the StrawHats first met him, was much stronger than he was at the war. I mean put it this way, while guarding the ship, he got injured quite badly. Had he had his personality and mind, he would have dodged all those attacks, and perhaps reflected some as well. From what we've seen, PXs only know how to take hits, and shoot lazers or paw blast. Not exactly the most intellegent of beings. That's why I reckon him after being completed as PX0 is weaker than him pre completion. The strength of his body is no doubt an advantage, and having a lazer on your side is not a bad thing either, but lose of proper judgement is.

BUT yeah i mean the war lords i mean boa, croc, flamingo and mihawk make up the top 4 in no specific order.

and with buggy again he was probably made a war lord for the power he has under his control and the (misleading) rep that he has. i mean he can fill 2 of the main jobs of a war lord. intimidate and control the pirate population.

again i really do not think there is a huge power gap with the war lords. i mean moria in the past when he first got his spot was probably one of the most powerful. kuma was probably better off with his own brain and jimbi has limits on land. but still i think they are all beasts in there own ways.

oh and P.S. i have my doubts that kuma is still a war lord and for all we know flamingo could have left. so we may be adding a few more names to this list at some point and we know will will have at least two more names added at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I wouldn't be expecting to learn of them too soon though, Fishermen arc seems far from over, and I reckon it'll be a bit too quick to jump to vs Shichibukai right after it, but who knows. Maybe Jimbei will tell us who the replacements are, as Nami seems to be trying to gather some more info. And yeah, Buggy took quite a few slashes from Mihawk at the war, not many people can brag about that, so his rep is enough to keep people away from him. But makes you wonder what would happen if people like the supernovas back in the day would do, I mean they happily challenge a Shichibukai anytime. Perhaps they have changed, as we saw a fair few high bounties decided to join up with fake SH.

well if some one like that challenged buggy, he has level 5 guys in his crew that could be said to be the same caliber or higher than a nova. i mean i think the set up a nice little battle group with buggys crew. i mean for all we know buggy could have gathered more pirates in his crew. and maybe he is like davy jones in P.O.C. i mean gathering crew from defeated enemy's. i mean i could see buggy getting more crew members as he goes along you know. so his crew could be even stronger now.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lolz, I guess that's kinda like WB, who took down a few NW pirate crews, and in the end, they pretty much joined him. I guess that could work. But he seemed intent on getting that special treasure, I wonder what it is, as it interest him much more than One Piece. He should have found it by now, and who knows, it might improve his standing quite a bit.