View Poll Results: Who is the strongest Shichibukai?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dracule Mihawk

25 55.56%
  • Boa Hancock

2 4.44%
  • Crocodile

1 2.22%
  • Blackbeard(Pre Timeskip)

5 11.11%
  • Jinbei

0 0%
  • Kuma

3 6.67%
  • Gecko Moria

0 0%
  • Doflamingo

5 11.11%
  • Buggy obviously

4 8.89%
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Who says that he had no idea about his strength?
    I say that because Mihawk wouldn't fight a 1-armed man. He had no idea how strong Shanks was, so it's not necessarily like he fought him and judged his power unworthy. To me this point just says nothing concrete about either of their strengths.
    I typed it pretty clear. He knew what his strength was whenever he fought him last before the injury. By never fighting him again after the injury means he doesn't know what his strength is.

Any other pov of looking at it and well get in a pointless debate.

Kuma and Dofla dont have even half of the hype that Mihawk has received.
    No one said that.But it puts him above most of his fellow shichibukai.
    And yet look up. You do realize I said nothing about hype. I was mentioning their abilities, and sometimes seeming contradictions in info about their abilities(their pasts, etc.). For example speaking of the war, Mihawk should be the strongest swordsman yet showed no signs of using confirmed haki, even in trying to test the "World's Strongest Man"? Before you answer or attempt to, it's not the point to answer that question. The point is there are many mysteries about those 3 and especially their abilities and their freeness to use it. I'd say Boa has some too, she has just been shown to have less destructive power, and on this level of power, i doubt her ability to turn into stone would hurt any of them, even if they were hurt beforehand,or for that matter even Moira. Meaning a key piece in her arsenal is already useless.

Yep but owning rookies who are complete foddrs to top tiers is not enough to put him at admiral level.And his iceberg cutting feat is one of the best destructive feats in the manga.
    Not sure who or what you're talking about? What exactly are you saying with this 1? Seems you mean Kuma in the 1st sentence, and Mihawk in the second? Confusing to refer to them both as 'his'.
    if that is what you meant then let's really look at the majority of people Mihawk fought at the war.
    Luffy - fodder to you
    2 okama swordsman - fodder to you
    some other nobodies who approached his path, marines or pirates - fodder to you
    Buggy - fodder to you
    Crocodile - fodder to you (stronger fodder but still much more weaker than Mihawk to you)
    1 slash only at WB/ Jozu - never did that again
    Vista - who you see as a much lesser swordsman

If I forgot some1, my mistake.
    Either way, you are saying these opponents makes Mihawk miles ahead of Kuma for beating the SH's and being 1 of the key people to take Oars Jr. down. Other than Luffy a bit and Iva. Like I said before, I'm going by the Kuma with a personality. That Kuma wasn't at the war, so once again those other examples are the only 1's yet they leave lots of questions of his full abilities.
    As for the iceburg cutting feat, Kuma 'ursus shock' reducing that whole huge island of TB is also 1 of the best destructive feats in the manga
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by SCarred Luffy Lvl:Z View Post
    I say that because Mihawk wouldn't fight a 1-armed man. He had no idea how strong Shanks was, so it's not necessarily like he fought him and judged his power unworthy. To me this point just says nothing concrete about either of their strengths.
    I typed it pretty clear. He knew what his strength was whenever he fought him last before the injury. By never fighting him again after the injury means he doesn't know what his strength is.
    I know what you meant,but how do you know that he had no idea about his strength?

And yet look up. You do realize I said nothing about hype. I was mentioning their abilities, and sometimes seeming contradictions in info about their abilities(their pasts, etc.). For example speaking of the war, Mihawk should be the strongest swordsman yet showed no signs of using confirmed haki, even in trying to test the "World's Strongest Man"? Before you answer or attempt to, it's not the point to answer that question. The point is there are many mysteries about those 3 and especially their abilities and their freeness to use it. I'd say Boa has some too, she has just been shown to have less destructive power, and on this level of power, i doubt her ability to turn into stone would hurt any of them, even if they were hurt beforehand,or for that matter even Moira. Meaning a key piece in her arsenal is already useless.
    Of course there is a mystery about them i was just saying that those two havent done enough to put them at the same level as Mihawk yet.And i dont think we are gonna see anything new from Kuma.I'm not saying that he is leagues above Dofla or Kuma but for now they are not on his level.

Not sure who or what you're talking about? What exactly are you saying with this 1? Seems you mean Kuma in the 1st sentence, and Mihawk in the second? Confusing to refer to them both as 'his'.
    Yeah sorry for that i should have wrote it better.
    if that is what you meant then let's really look at the majority of people Mihawk fought at the war.
    Luffy - fodder to you
    2 okama swordsman - fodder to you
    some other nobodies who approached his path, marines or pirates - fodder to you
    Buggy - fodder to you
    Crocodile - fodder to you (stronger fodder but still much more weaker than Mihawk to you)
    1 slash only at WB/ Jozu - never did that again
    Vista - who you see as a much lesser swordsman
    Supernova level people are clearly fodder for top tiers.Kizaru pretty much proved this.So its not for me its manga canon that people at Luffy's level cant do shit to top tiers.And i dont know the difference between Vista and Mihawk.For now we only know that he is weaker.And is that supposed to prove anything?I said i'm going with hype,because we havent seen Mihawk going all out yet.I just said that his iceberg cutting feat is one of the best in the manga.

Either way, you are saying these opponents makes Mihawk miles ahead of Kuma for beating the SH's and being 1 of the key people to take Oars Jr. down. Other than Luffy a bit and Iva. Like I said before, I'm going by the Kuma with a personality. That Kuma wasn't at the war, so once again those other examples are the only 1's yet they leave lots of questions of his full abilities.
    As for the iceburg cutting feat, Kuma 'ursus shock' reducing that whole huge island of TB is also 1 of the best destructive feats in the manga
    No i didnt say that.I said that Kuma hasnt done anything that suggests he is on that level.His feats are impressive,but they are not enough to put him there.

He didnt destroy the island just the buildings in it.I hope you didnt mean that it was "island busting".And judging by the fact that most people survived i wouldnt say it is so dangerous as you make it out to be.I'm not saying it isnt one of the best though.

Hmmm, for Mihawk, it's a bit hard to judge. From what we've been told, he matched WB and Shanks pre illness and lost of arm. So if he really lives up to the hype, he should be the current strongest person in all of OP, but I have my doubts about this. While he wasn't serious at the war at all, he did attempt to go after Luffy a tad seriously, but I doubt he was seriously against Vista. That attack towards WB wasn't serious either. He knew of WB's abilities, and wanted to know why WB didn't chose to attack from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Hmmm, for Mihawk, it's a bit hard to judge. From what we've been told, he matched WB and Shanks pre illness and lost of arm. So if he really lives up to the hype, he should be the current strongest person in all of OP, but I have my doubts about this. While he wasn't serious at the war at all, he did attempt to go after Luffy a tad seriously, but I doubt he was seriously against Vista. That attack towards WB wasn't serious either. He knew of WB's abilities, and wanted to know why WB didn't chose to attack from afar.
    So you think that he wasnt serious against one of Wb's top commanders,but he was serious against Luffy?I dont think that there is any evidence that he was serious against Luffy and all manga knowledge that we have suggests that he wasnt.

When was it said mihawk matched WB pre-illness? Nowhere.
    It's said he had matches with 2-armed shanks, true
    but that was (now) pre 12 years ago, who knows what happened to shanks in all those years.
    All we know is that his and WB's presences split the sky and that he and his crew returned
    unharmed the day after their battle with Kaidou.

Anyway,
    Mihawk wants to know his strenght compared WB's
    and he decides to do that by sending a 'non-serious attack'?
    That sh*t doesn't make any sense at all.
    U have NO proof he didn't go all out, none what so ever.

Saying he 'wasn't even serious' when he attacked luffy,
    while he clearly sais he will himself is just as rediculous.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-35241...apter-560.html
    Proof he DID go all out = the ice berg slash which u call
    and i quote "One of the most destructive feats in the manga"

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    When was it said mihawk matched WB pre-illness? Nowhere.
    It's said he had matches with 2-armed shanks, true
    but that was (now) pre 12 years ago, who knows what happened to shanks in all those years.
    All we know is that his and WB's presences split the sky and that he and his crew returned
    unharmed the day after their battle with Kaidou.

Anyway,
    Mihawk wants to know his strenght compared WB's
    and he decides to do that by sending a 'non-serious attack'?
    That sh*t doesn't make any sense at all.
    U have NO proof he didn't go all out, none what so ever.

Saying he 'wasn't even serious' when he attacked luffy,
    while he clearly sais he will himself is just as rediculous.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-35241...apter-560.html
    Proof he DID go all out = the ice berg slash which u call
    and i quote "One of the most destructive feats in the manga"
    so true. i mean he was testing WB he definitely with out a doubt put effort in to it. and you can not call cutting a mountain of ice in half not serious.

but i mean i think you could probably call mihawk the top war lord but i do not think there is as big of a gap as some people seem to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't think him cutting a mountain of Ice in half is being serious. I mean he cut a Gallon in half like he was cutting cheese. Heck, Zoro did the same right after Time Skip and I highly doubt he's reached Mihawk's level. He seemed as half hearted at the war as Doflamingo. Although, for some reason he seemed intent on taking down Luffy, if he was serious, Luffy wouldn't have lasted that long, thus I said semi Serious.

yet i do not think either of them were holding back that much. especially not when he wanted to test WB. i just do not think there is as large of a power gap as some seem to think.
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He wanted to check what WB was up to, coming in for close range combat when he has the advantage in range combat. His attack was nothing special. I mean compare Zoro's pound cannon to his Asura attack. They're on completely different levels.

wait i think you misunderstood me i was saying the power gap was not as short as some thing between war lords not between mihawk and WB. but i agree i am not sure if a pre time skip zoro could have blocked that attack. but yeahh i meant i do not think the power gap between the war lords is that great. with the exception of moria.
    Last edited by cross777; 05-23-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]