Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMegaPLP View Post
    You know, that's not a bad theory. Aizen was a luitenent when he spoke to Komomaru. Someone had to be above him, I doubt IF he was a captain that he was 3rd, 6th, 9th, 7th or 10th... All those possessions were filled not too long ago and he'd be pretty well known by most of the current shinigami. 4th sqaud would limit his exposure to the more senior shinigami... BTW What the hell happend in the last 100 years?! Why were so many captain spots abandonned? Some sort of mass-retirement (I'm certain shinigami retire once they've gotten so old)?!
    prolly cuz most of the old captains reckon that you cant get any stronger by stayng in Soul Society and went the vizard/arrancar route

i think the reason none of the captain have ever seen the king is cause the king is just to powerful,, like when renji tryed to look at Kuchiki Byakuya he only got a glimps but not a long enough look to real see him, u would need the power of the 1st captain
    https://www.facebook.com/ImogenSparksModel

Spoiler!

to death
    Im assuming that, their are multiple plateaus in this series now that the King's plane has been revealed.

The human world being the middle ground, and the Soul Society and the Hollow's plane being the sub-planes to Heaven and Hell, respectively.

what if the king is just a short old guy like the fairy tale guild master

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Actually from the timeline i can recall the Shiba family fell from grace after Kaien's death although, this may have conincided with Isshin's leaving of Soul Society what I don't understand is if Rukia knew Kaien then she'd possibly recognise Isshin if they were somehow connected
    Urahara did point out that Isshin only left 20 years ago, rather than 200 when he left. That is well within the time that Kaien died. As Rukia has only been a shinigami for around 40 years, it's reasonable to figure that she hadn't met all the other captains. If she never met Isshin, she wouldn't know him 20 years later when she met him with Ichigo. When she met Kaien she had just joined the 13 squads, why would she know all 13 squad captains as a rookie?

If you really need another similarity between Ichigo, Isshin and the Shiba's, look at the way Isshin is always fighting, ehem training Ichigo and then look at Kukaku's training of Ganju. Seems like they grew up in the same house, huh?
    Last edited by ChaosRising; 08-03-2007 at 09:42 PM.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

Good theory on isshin, i mean according to what grand fisher said about ichigo being a "shinketsu/ true blood" shinigami could explain alot about why ichigo's power is so great. It would be nice if more were revealed about isshin's past, but kubo is probably saving that for later.

hmmm i doubt he is the king of soul society because why would he leave his own kingdom and ichigo not getting the much respect from out soul slayer because that would make him a prince

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosRising View Post
    Urahara did point out that Isshin only left 20 years ago, rather than 200 when he left. That is well within the time that Kaien died. As Rukia has only been a shinigami for around 40 years, it's reasonable to figure that she hadn't met all the other captains. If she never met Isshin, she wouldn't know him 20 years later when she met him with Ichigo. When she met Kaien she had just joined the 13 squads, why would she know all 13 squad captains as a rookie?

If you really need another similarity between Ichigo, Isshin and the Shiba's, look at the way Isshin is always fighting, ehem training Ichigo and then look at Kukaku's training of Ganju. Seems like they grew up in the same house, huh?
    So true, its always the subtle things, or maybe Kubo Tite only likes that kind of family setting. I'd say it would be fairly possible that Rukia may have known most of the captains being brought into the Kuchiki family, even though she may not have been respected she could of at least met one or two of them.
    I also highly support the whole Kurosaki-Shiba linkage

The most a person can learn about Isshin is probably back in Volume 3 when Ichigo fights Grand Fischer.
    Last edited by Archiel; 08-05-2007 at 01:51 AM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Katana swinging nutcase ChaosRising's Avatar
    To the long discussion regarding whether Isshin was or wasn't a captain.

Is Isshin's word on it good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by kryu View Post
    woah, never thought of this better, but i can see it happen.

come to think of it, it must have been something big for the Shiba clan to lose its status as a Noble family, must have been something like a ....

runaway captain?
    And heir to the family name.......
    Last edited by ChaosRising; 08-04-2007 at 12:00 AM.

http://www.element-zero.com/lab/swf/chaos.html

Come visit Anime Guild for all your Anime needs and enjoy the site. Over 2000 complete and running series available for direct download, always free! Much more to come.

It's totally obvious that the king is Jesus Christ. =P

But Isshin is defidentally not the king. He was a captain, hence the haori wrapped around his arm.