Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ichigo's Dad the "king" of soul society

Well this is just a guess but it fits.
    Ever since i found out about the whole oue ken(key) and the that king of soul society relinquished his power to chamber 46 or whatever it was a lot of things seemed to click.
    This would explain why ichigo and his dad are so powerful and it fits with ichigo's dad's personality. Also explains why uruhara would know him. As in only captains would know the king, and uruhara was one before.

The only hole that i can see is that no one seems to react to the name kurosaki when they hear it in soul society, guess his dad could have changed his name obviously but i dunno.
    Well that and that if Aizen's goal is to assassinate the king of soul society and it is ichigo's dad he wouldn't need to go to that special zone.

But i still think that this is whats happening i mean Aizen might not know that the king left so whatever and if this isn't whats going on then they might be part of the last royal family but yea like i said i thought it fit.

King? No but he is very powerful because he is a former captain
    How do you know only captains know the king that was never said
    Guardian of Rain
    Yamamoto Takeshi

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboBob View Post
    Well this is just a guess but it fits.
    Ever since i found out about the whole oue ken(key) and the that king of soul society relinquished his power to chamber 46 or whatever it was a lot of things seemed to click.
    This would explain why ichigo and his dad are so powerful and it fits with ichigo's dad's personality. Also explains why uruhara would know him. As in only captains would know the king, and uruhara was one before.

The only hole that i can see is that no one seems to react to the name kurosaki when they hear it in soul society, guess his dad could have changed his name obviously but i dunno.
    Well that and that if Aizen's goal is to assassinate the king of soul society and it is ichigo's dad he wouldn't need to go to that special zone.

But i still think that this is whats happening i mean Aizen might not know that the king left so whatever and if this isn't whats going on then they might be part of the last royal family but yea like i said i thought it fit.

nope, at this point in Bleach, we cant really say anything about the monarchy of Soul Society or Ichigo's Dad. Whats given to us as of now is too limited.

and about how captains know the King, they dont. Captains know the King exists, but can never meet him in person. (explained in the same chapter i believed)

and Isshin is clearly seen with a CAPTAIN robe wrapped around his arm, which hinted that he might be an ex-captain like Urahara.

and about why Urahara know Isshin, maybe cuz Isshin was Captain during or before Urahara's time as captain.

Well there's no proof that he is a former captain either, what just the coat?
    And I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that the captains don't get to meet him.
    Anyone know what chapter that was specifically, wouldn't mind checking it out again.

Also uruhara isn't just any former captain considering all the stuff he invented and that he got booted. For instance how come no shinigami know about ichigo's dad, probably because uruhara gave him the gigai which turns you into a normal human to hide him, which would explain why they know each other, isshin wanted to leave and uruhara gave him the method to do so.
    Last edited by ChocoboBob; 08-03-2007 at 06:09 AM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Well mainly the reason the King isn't seen by captains and other shinigami and such is because he is a figure head in soul society. The King did not relinquish power to chamber 46, he just chooses not to intervene. Isshin's past is mysterious, he was most definitely a captain, not only for the telltale sign of the white cape, but also what he said to Grand Fisher in that learning to control ones reiatsu was necessary for a captain or else they'd all be walking around with massive Zanpakuto's. Beside this we also know that Isshin retired 20 years ago.

I also do have something to add. In times where we have seen Isshin act serious and never lie in those instances. For example never calling Kon ichigo while in ichigo's body, or realising Ichigo being a shinigami back at the cemetary. There is another moment where he remarks that ichigo's mother died 10 yrs ago instead of 6 and ichigo yells at him that it was 6? Just a thought.
    Last edited by Archiel; 08-03-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Well mainly the reason the King isn't seen by captains and other shinigami and such is because he is a figure head in soul society. The King did not relinquish power to chamber 46, he just chooses not to intervene. Isshin's past is mysterious, he was most definitely a captain, not only for the telltale sign of the white cape, but also what he said to Grand Fisher in that learning to control ones reiatsu was necessary for a captain or else they'd all be walking around with massive Zanpakuto's. Beside this we also know that Isshin retired 20 years ago.

I also do have something to add. In times where we have seen Isshin act serious and never lie in those instances. For example never calling Kon ichigo while in ichigo's body, or realising Ichigo being a shinigami back at the cemetary. There is another moment where he remarks that ichigo's mother died 10 yrs ago instead of 7 and ichigo yells at him that it was 7? Just a thought.
    Sorry, could you give me the chapter where he says that please? I don't ever remember him saying that.

Back to the topic, I doubt Kurosaki's dad is the king. At some point, it just wouldn't make sense.
    Join the D. Gray-Man Fan Club!~ Click Lavi to join!~

Join the Bleach Fan Club!~ Click Hitsugaya to join!~

Rainbow

Sorry, could you give me the chapter where he says that please? I don't ever remember him saying that.
    I believe it was by his mothers grave when je defeated the grand fisher. I'm not quiet sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    he was most definitely a captain, not only for the telltale sign of the white cape, but also what he said to Grand Fisher in that learning to control ones reiatsu was necessary for a captain or else they'd all be walking around with massive Zanpakuto's.
    All he says that people of captain level and above reiatsu not necessarily captains themselves. And in my interpretation the way he was saying it was that even someone as strong as a captain, so he was implying that he was stronger. Also if it was down strictly to controlling your reiatsu then why do zanpaktuto vary in size, weight etc.

And the coat isn't a telltale sign, its not like we know that its not also the uniform of the king, like is aid I'm guessing but it fits, and you can't really say I'm right or wrong yet because we don't know enough. At least BabbiiDaa said he doubts not that its definitely not, although i don't see anything behind the whole "it just wouldn't make sense." argument because theres nothing backing it up.

But the reason i don't think he was a captain is because then the other captains would know him just as they knew about uruhara, for instance the first person ichigo fights, ikkaku as soon as he hears uruhara's name he recognizes it but still nothing with kurosaki. And if the captains don't meet the king then that fits even better then before, the reason they don't recognize the name is they don't know the king.
    Last edited by ChocoboBob; 08-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I've also wondered about the name recognition associated with 'Kurosaki' and why it did not attract the same attention as the name Urahara Kisuke and I concluded the possibility that Kurosaki is actually the name of Ichigo's mother and that Isshin adopted it instead of it being the other way around, perhaps to hide like Urahara because why would a shinigami (possible captain) retire to the real world.

The chapter in question is Chapter 25, page 8.
    Edit: Notice Isshin's reaction when corrected by Ichigo before reverting to his normal idiotic nature. I also apologise for my above mistake it was 6 years not 7.

I also think it's a good idea to re-read the 3rd volume, it might reveal more clues or something as Isshin features a lot more then usual in this volume.
    Last edited by Archiel; 08-03-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I definitely don't think he is the king. I mean, that wouldn't make sense. Why would the king of Soul Society leave Soul Society. Thats just stupid. Maybe if he told everyone "Hey, I am going to go now so have fun.", but I doubt it.

And I also agree with whoever said that Kurosaki is the mother's last name.
    "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" - The Joker