Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Why is Hidan immortal?

The manga and anime never gave a clear explanation as to why he wasn't able to die. It did say he was a follower of Jashin or something like that that encourages mass murder, but it didn't actually say if his immortality was a product of his religion. however, if it is, does that mean that there are gods in the narutoverse? The third and the fourth were both able to summon actual shinigami and the tailed beasts are basically demons filled with chakra, but are there more supernatural beings and creatures guiding their world?

i know this is a funny question, but what i am getting at is what is the source of some of the characters' powers? If gods do exist in the narutoverse, does that mean that Pain's rinnegan powers are actually godly? is hidan's immortality from a god? if so, why didn't orochimaru just become a jashinist or steal the rinnegan from jiraiya's student or something?

WHAT lol........ ok firstly when they say that pain is a "god" i think that they are refering to the fact the his abilities are very strong and thus godly. and since it is a Japanse manga i would thing that if their were gods it would be more japanse based and i don't really know much about that
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

both of you guys need to go back and read databook 3

I think Hidan immortality is just a consequence of his blood based jutsu. In other words, he may die if the jutsu is dispelled. Take note that when he was decapitated, he had already done the black skin jutsu. Same at Nara forest.

But hey! What about when Kotetsu and the other guy stabbed him? Yes, I thought about it. He didnt look like harmed a little. But it hurts, he said. Any Kakuzu special body reinforcement? Permanent jutsu? Drugs maybe? Or is just that Hidan can withstand the pain? What a guy. God like? Na, just a trick... theres gotta be.

Pein... Pain... Nagato... huh? God? That can sound very good, but putting a god as enemy is like comparing Naruto with Saint Seiya (which I dont like). Hidan and Kakuzu both had tricks to survive. Not immortals.

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    I wouldnt say 'Gods'.. More like a mysterious force of power.. He is a member of the organization. Apparently it is called Jashin and it means 'evil god' religion. "A religion that worships a deity of the same name and where anything less than death and utter destruction is considered a sin".. So evil creature \ power force \ organization containing a bunch of wizard's or whatever crap. Nothing is confirmed.. it's all chaos...

It says on Wiki:

His religion's experimentations have led to the creation of his unique abilities; by consuming an opponent's blood and then drawing Jashin's triangular-design on the ground, Hidan can create a voodoo doll-like link with his opponent.Once this link is created, any damage done to Hidan's body is reflected on his opponent, allowing him to kill them by giving himself fatal injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcasex View Post
    I read what was posted but don't recall much about Hidan what did it say.....
    Panda Facts
    Spoiler!

Hidan has to kill people to stay immortal.

he was stealing their lifeforce to stay alive using that ritual jutsu, so since he can't kill now anymore, i would assume he's dead.

But yes there are deities and mysterious, supernatural things in Naruto. To name a few:

White Snake
    Susanoo
    Susanoo's weapons (yatano's mirror & sword of totsukano tsurugi)
    Shinigami
    Bijuu
    Pain's 6 realms, each represents a deity from the 6 paths of the buddhism wheel, one of em is god or deva. Pain doesn't only have a god complex, he actually has godly powers to go with that. Also Pain's summons and you can say rinnegan itself.
    Rikudou Sennin's 6 pronged necklace
    Sword of Kusanagi
    Undying Zombies from Edo Tensei
    Talking frogs
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by viciousds View Post
    The manga and anime never gave a clear explanation as to why he wasn't able to die. It did say he was a follower of Jashin or something like that that encourages mass murder, but it didn't actually say if his immortality was a product of his religion. however, if it is, does that mean that there are gods in the narutoverse? The third and the fourth were both able to summon actual shinigami and the tailed beasts are basically demons filled with chakra, but are there more supernatural beings and creatures guiding their world?

i know this is a funny question, but what i am getting at is what is the source of some of the characters' powers? If gods do exist in the narutoverse, does that mean that Pain's rinnegan powers are actually godly? is hidan's immortality from a god? if so, why didn't orochimaru just become a jashinist or steal the rinnegan from jiraiya's student or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcasex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ofTheDesert View Post
    Hidan has to kill people to stay immortal.

This question has been asked like 3 times lol .. but ofTheDesert is right but to expand on what he said the Databook says

That when Hidan joined the Jashin religon they did some secret Kinjutsu ritual on him that makes imimmortal as long as he continues to kill people and does that little ritual after hes done killing them. The same ritual he does after they capture the 2 tails even tho they didnt kill her.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

maybe he was just born immortal like a highlander...or maybe plot no jutsu