View Poll Results: Who is the Best Mangaka?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Masashi Kishimoto

18 14.63%
  • Kubo Tite

5 4.07%
  • Eiichiro Oda

69 56.10%
  • Katsura Hoshino

2 1.63%
  • Hiro Mashima

3 2.44%
  • Oh!Great

8 6.50%
  • Akira Toriyama

9 7.32%
  • I don't know who these people are

9 7.32%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The person who voted for Kishimoto is a fool and needs to die. No way is he any good let alone better than half that list. Go read some real manga and come back when you are halfway educated or read something, or anything other than Naruto for that matter.

Your better off answering "I don't know who these people are" than voting for the only person you recognize 'cause the latter just makes you look like a fool. Swallow your pride, admit your ignorance, read some decent manga, and become a better person in the end.

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    The person who voted for Kishimoto is a fool and needs to die. No way is he any good let alone better than half that list. Go read some real manga and come back when you are halfway educated or read something, or anything other than Naruto for that matter.

Your better off answering "I don't know who these people are" than voting for the only person you recognize 'cause the latter just makes you look like a fool. Swallow your pride, admit your ignorance, read some decent manga, and become a better person in the end.
    -_-' I sense some bitterness....just a teeny bit.

Split Second Shot, I agree with you on where Oda loses points. The characters are not particularly good-looking. That was a major hurdle to overcome when I decided to read it, but then I got used to them and saw the beauty within.....etc etc etc.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Hey hey, this isn't a flaming contest, and trust me. Kishimoto has talent. It's just that he dwells on popular themes too much. But seriously ease on the flaming. This is a matter of opinion, do not state someone's opinion being false.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Dragon View Post
    but his stuff is so detailed! did you notice the air trek? how fucking detailed it was?
    Well..I DID scanlate the manga for about50-70 chapters..And I was basically the head redraw artist...soo...yeah I noticed the detail :|

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Eh...dammit, I was torn between O!G and Oda until you mentioned story telling ability and stuff...

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

For those who don't know who Kubo Tite is, he's the guy who does Bleach.

Oi Oi! Put down you various meats and vegetables you're throwing. I'm not done talking about him.

He's talented at drawing girls with big boobs. That's all you need to know about Kubo Tite. Story? This is no more story. The current chapters don't even have words.

Anyways, Long Live Oda! His story is wonderful, and only increases in the 'better' department. Um the art. I was thrown off at the begining. But the art is very nice. Luffy is goofy looking, but he's meant to be. He's the rubberman! But proportionally, they're fine.

OPTurd any1? Why are many Op fanatics such haters? It doesn't make it a very pursuasive argument on your behalf pretending that your opinion is the only one that matters.

Anyways, I was the one to vote for kishi. If you wanted to suppress legitimate opinion, then you shouldn't have added his name into the list. And I do know most of the mangakas on that list. I've seen the OP anime, but tried to read the manga many a times, but I just can't seem to get into it. I'll prolly try again soon and see how things go. I don't deny the fact that OP might be a great manga but that doesn't necessarily make it the only good manga. Naruto imo is also another great manga. I don't wanna debate the merits of Naruto right now, if you wanna see my previous discussion with archiel, check out the OP>Naruto thread, old nick aka godofwar.

Now on topic, the greatest mangaka I believe is the creator of Deathnote, but on that list, kishi is the one I appreciate the most and that is the reason I voted for him. Oda might be better, I have an open mind, and my perspectives might change in the future, but I'll still love reading Naruto. If you wanna have a proper discussion point for point, I'm willin to do it, maybe tomorrow. All I ask is for you to be objective.
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Split Second Shot View Post
    Oda loses some points in artistic ability...
    That's a matter of opinion, really. I admit that I found the art style strange at first, but on closer examination, he really does have impressive artistic talent within the style he has chosen.

TBH, much as I love One Piece, I have to say that there are other shounen mangaka who are virtual legends, but they're not current (ie. their series has already finished) so I guess they don't belong in this poll. Pity that you can't vote for more than one, though, as I'm really starting to get into Fairy Tail.

Well, does it really needs to be said, Oda ..........

Oh, another IMFHO thread.
    However, none of them, IMFHO.

From my pov, Katsuhiro Fujita, however.
    Spoiler!

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar
    oda is the greatest.

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN