Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Regular Member Chainsaw_Chimaera's Avatar

Angel Sanctuary Discussion thread

So has anyone else here read Angel Sanctuary?

For those of you who don't know Angel Sanctuary, it has very mature (and Taboo) themes to it. Setsuna Mudo is a problematic delinquent high school student, who is in love with his sister. To add to his problems, he is also a reincarnation of a fallen angel, which gets him caught in a messy war between heaven and hell.

The story has a lot of twists and turns and is very touching. If you have an interest in gothic stories then Kaori Yuki is the best around at them.

Huh? I thought Angel Sanctuary is supposed to be a Shonen? Well, I've read it ^^ and I LOVE it! The artwork is just nice!

I've watched the video and read half of the mangas, but it's not as interesting to me as "Count Cain"(another of Kaori-sama's work) is. I mean, there's a lot of "fallen angels" in the animes and the part that there's really incest(that Kaoru-sama is very fond of adding on most of her works) in this makes the story apart from the usual fantasy-angel genre. The graphics and details are really good though(as expected of Kaoru-sama's works), but I hope that she made a little more effort in the story line.
    Last edited by Salir; 07-31-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typos and forgotten comments

That manga corrupted me. =D

More at
    My Deviantart

Yeah, I read it. A friend of mine introduced it to me. I have to admit, I read it fairly reluctantly at first. However I managed to get into the story. It wasn't bad at all. One of the better manga series I have read. I have compared it to the Cain Saga since I was curious, Angel Sanctuary is superior as it has humor in it. Very worth a while to check it out, the art work is one of the best of all graphic novels.

As for the level of maturity, if you compare it with the like of Berserk, it's quite nothing. There is no realistic full frontal nudity in it. Rather it portrayed human body in an art like fashion. As for the taboo part, I have to agree with you. It is definitely a story out of taboo.

=D
    I've think your the 3rd guy I've ever heard liked Angel Sanctuary.

The other two were were brought into by me. (I tend to do that to friends)

More at
    My Deviantart

I've read it a few months ago, I absolutely love it and it was very fulfilling and full of twists as the OP had said.

My favourites characters are Sevotharte, Kira, Alexiel and Uriel.

kai205
    The manga at the begining is kind of suggestive but after a while it turns into a fighting(yet still suggestive) kind of story. It's cooler than it is bad, and has a really interesting story line if you can get into it. I'd give it a 7/10 if I had to rank it.

I`ve read this manga and I can`t end reading it at first it was a great manga to me but now that I`m in the 13 volumene I can`t go on reading it.

Initiate
    Angel Sanctuary was my first Yuki-sensei manga and its was just impecible. I don't want to sound like I'm crazy and there in no way do I believe people should be doing this in society, but because of this I started reading other incest manga, but funny enough I really didn't like setsuna and sara together as a couple. But the art is amazing, the story though sometimes can get kinda confusing is just so original. I love all of her work (Cain is awesome). My favorite characters were Kira and Michael.