"The Other Side to this War"

I believe I know what it is.

The "evil" element on the side against the Noah.

Think about it. Cross brings it up when Allen is told that he will eventually become the 14th, as well as the knowledge that, if this happens, he'll have to kill human beings.

Then, when Cross is "killed," the other side of the war is brought up again. Then, it's made out to look like a member of Central "killed" Cross.

I think this is referring to the "evils" within the "good" side of the war. There are members of the Black Order willing to do anything, evil or not, to win the war. A Noah can possibly take over Allen and kill other human beings. Kind of weaving something together here?

I think it refers to the imperfections of the "good" side. The Black Order's committed loads of forcible experiments, some of which have cost innocent people their lives, and committed many evil acts, such as capturing potential compatibles and forcing them to devote their lives to them, all for the sake of winning the war.

This is highly probable. The other side of the war, of course it'd seem confusing at first, but as you've stated. People in the Order have done horrible things, evil things, and gotten away with it as well, in the name of "God."

Honestly look at Lvellie himself. Tho I don't think he's straight out evil, I believe if he saw fit to do something, like kill or something else, he'd do it in a heartbeat, even if it was wrong. Which is why Link addressed the murder to Lvellie a few chapters ago. It proves how distrusting even his subordinates are of him. Also him stating that he believes it was someone within the Order also adds to the likely hood that the other side of the war is the "good" side.

Chicken Waffle Toast :D Keira Maboroshi's Avatar
    The other side is NINJAS :O.
    Last edited by Keira Maboroshi; 09-30-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keira Maboroshi View Post
    The other side is NINJAS :O.
    Thanks for this highly constructive response to this thread. I'd love to see further input drawn from your obviously unlimited well of knowledge.

And yeah, Higure, there are other little things earlier in the story that point this in this direction, such as Levellier saying that he doesn't care about the Exorcists' well-being and only cares about winning the war.

It's kind of interesting because in human society, there are lots of people who are corrupt, selfish people who would sacrifice anything, including things that aren't their own, such as another person's life, just to obtain what they want. In D.Gray-man, even with something that appears to be of good intent, which is saving the world from an apocalyptic fate, you still see that in order to push it along. The Black Order commits evil to stop evil, which hopefully and surely will become a conflicting point later in the story.

Yeah, thats what I feel happening. I think that something big is on its way for sure, this "other side of the war".

Also I think there is something to note here as well. Think about those chapters with the Noah earlier. Where Sherill or whatever Tyki's brothers name is, was in this big to do with society, and how the Earl and his family are supposedly these super rich important "people". I think that we'll find that the Order has been actually working with and around Noah in this sense as well. Knowing it or not, its another cause for corruption within the Order. Being influenced by the Noah, and most likely not even knowing it.
    Just speculations of course, but I think it'll all tie in.

I don't think the Black Order has been working with them, even unknowingly.

The Black Order seems like a secluded organization and the odds of them meeting one of 13 (not quite sure) Noah and working around them sufficiently wouldn't be that high. Of course, I could be wrong, but I'd like to see more of this evil generate from humans within the Order. Kind of adds a bit of a moral or real happening in the story and I like the aspect.

Chicken Waffle Toast :D Keira Maboroshi's Avatar
    Right, right, xD sorry for that randomness. But part of that I'm kind of serious. x3, I'm thinking that the third side is more of another unknown organization, in the shadows. I do have evidence to support that, but I'm a little lazy to post it right now, so I will later xD.

I pictured the "other side" as double agents, like Cross and the 14th, your theory is good though. :3

That why its D. Gray-man, reminds me of what we've been talking about in school lately how about there is no absolute good or evil, no black or white, just different shades of GRAY. Every character is evil in some way. From Allen's gambling to Lenalee's hate for God and Innocence, Lavi carring more about his friends than recording history for the sake of the world, each character has bad things and good things. Even the Noah, their goodness shall soon be revealed I'm sure, the Earl even has something good inside him I'm sure. The Akuma are the only darkness here I think, they probably have a deeper simbolism than we think.
    I think this can either lead into one or two arcs with the way D. Gray-man is going.

A: A battle against Central
    B: The War thats about to be held in England.

Probably both though, I can feel something epic coming up though, show us some good D. Gray-man Hoshino!