Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Huh...really, I knid of anticipated some stupid/relaxing chapters after an arc of action/fighting/drama/emotions etc. It's always been like that for DGM action-->stupidity-->action-->stupidity and so on and so forth.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Chairz View Post
    PSSSSSH don't be hatin'!
    C'mon, you have to agree that the art in One Piece isn't the same as before. I think it has something to do with the eyes.... But I still love One Piece but anyway, this isnt' the place to discuss this...

Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go wherever they want.

Click: http://forums.d-gray-man.com/

D.Gray-man's taken on a darker story and a grittier art style to match it.

The things in D.Gray-man that's always been a standout for me was the psychological aspect. The story had a huge, glaring focus on character development. Now that we've hit an even greater focus of that and the characters seem more realistic and darker than before, I love the series even more. It's just what makes a story so damn good.

As for the art style, I loved the art style in the beginning of the story and guess what! I love it even more now. It has a grittier, more realistic, and more fitting appearance.

As for this latest arc, I love it as well. Another one of D.Gray-man's strongest points early on was the touches of humor. The Komuvitan arc and the current G arc are just a way of going back to what was lost in the more serious arcs. I love them as well.

Huh? The lvl4 Arc sucked, but it didn't suck that bad. Also, I hated the new art style for a bit, but Hoshino's fixed all the quirks I hated about it already and I don't get why everyone is has such tizzy fits over the lighter Arcs. Really. Do you want it to end up like all the other shounens and have all epic fights and no comedy or further character developments besides a "OMG Powarup h4x LOL Pwn!" Again, no. I've learned to just kick back and enjoy the quirkiness, laugh a bit, and trust Hoshino's ability to make 1337 manga. q: You can't deny the Zombie Arc let old HQ go down the way it should, by a lulzy mistake by the Science team and Komui. 8D

110% D.Gray-fan Miss_Clockworks's Avatar
    you know what? sometimes I'm not sure myself...
    honestly i have no problem with anything. ANYTHING. at all.. If you haven't noticed, Hoshino tells her story in a way that i've never seen. i can't put it in words but if you just compare it to the other shonen series styles of storytelling and you'll see what i mean. AT times you may be like "what in the name of jesus is she THINKING?" but when you look back at the story as a whole you realize how necessary her random nonsense arcs are. And their not nonsense. THe zombie arc? ok the zombie part was completely unimportatnt but it gave you insight to the types of crap the order keeps around and also it revealed teh order moving location. and we couldn't just abandon old HQ without it going in style. This new G arc is also revealing alot of Links abilities that WE knew about but the characters did not. I'm sure Allen and Link will have a bit of a talk when Link wakes up. Hoshino makes in not fightfightfight all the time. Back to the roots as everyone has said. it makes the story feel well-rounded.
    I don't CARE if the glass is half full or half empty, who the @%$# drank my soda?!
    D.Gray-man is my EVERY-drug

I have more of a problem with nobody but allen doing anything lately. I mean seriously, kanda and lavi combined have had about 10 panels since they got off the arc, krory has been MIA for about 4 months now, while allen and lenalee seem to be the only ones doing anything or getting any development lately.

You know that there's a problem when komui and reever get more screen time then some of the main characters.

Lavi's been getting some development lately... more development in the direction I'd like to see. Kind of a maturing sort of direction. Granted, there isn't much to it, but that's all that's necessary right now.

As for Krory, I'm assuming he's getting no appearances due to the Komuvitan thing. It's possible the only reason he was awake was because of the Komuvitan virus. Either way, I think we'll be seeing him again.

And it's a story about Allen Walker. You know, the main character. The story's in a huge stage of development for Allen, so the constant focus on him is very excusable.

Veteran Member
    It is kind of boring now in the manga, but I believe it will be better soon.

I'll just second what everyone's been saying about the "well-rounded-ness" and of it "going back to the beginning" and such, ...and I ♥ the new art style