Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Man, what happened to DGM? [recent chapters]

The quality of the art and story just plummeted after that part with the level 4 akuma. It's kind of disappointing seeing the manga like this... I REALLY hope that after this part with the thief [Twenty Faces ripoff] the story gets back to being interesting and even more so, cohesive.

nandate? I guess people have their opinions, I rather enjoy the current arc.

It just feels really random and so off balance to what we have been seeing. Maybe the writer just felt there needed to be a bit of a cool down period, but I'm not one for goofiness so it's killing me. >_<

lol I think the previous arc was much goofier, i mean it became down right outrageous for a while with the virus and whatnot.

Ah, yeah, I kind of just like to pretend that never happened.... that was just the epitome of terrible. I was more so referring to the level 4 akuma thing and them getting the Ark.

Honestly? I am thrilled to see this arc, going back to its roots.
    while I think G is ridiculous looking. I'm so happy to see things normal again. With all the drama and near death action, it was like, give the poor kids a BREAK.

Zombie arc was way out there. I almost didn't enjoy it, but its DGM, so by the end of the silly little arc, I can look back and laugh and enjoy it for what it was, random fun that wasn't meant to be taken serious.

This is how the series started. Going back to a easier time, imo, is a much better idea. If it was one big epic battle after another, Allen and everyone else would be dead in no time. Unless you want a super "omg they're invicible and can fight forever" series... this is needed.

As for art. I'm enjoying it a lot. It's so pretty and nice. The first chapters, I really hate the manga art. (This is coming from a picky art reader). But I didn't read that part, watched the anime first and read from the chapters started the trip to edo and onward. I see the art improving more and more.

But thats my two cents. Everyone will have their own opinions on this I'm sure. That is mine.

I have to agree with Higure. I'm excited that she went back to the beginning mood.
    D.Gray-Man isn't your typical shounen "Let's fight forever epically" like One Piece or DBZ. It's bound to slow down and pick up eventually. I'm surprised none of them died in the Level 4 arc. I mean, come on! DIE. D:<

Personally, I'm loving this new arc. (Last arc killed me. It was cute, but a little too soon, in my opinion.) I hope they find a new exorcist, and I hope they have an awesome new power. 'Cause that'd be awesome!...Awesome. :{D
    Or Cross-sama. <3 'Cause I can totally see how that'd tie in.

I don't see why so many people complain about both the art and the new ark. Sure, the art has changed, and I do prefer the old style, but that doesn't mean that the art now is bad. It has changed, but it's still better than many other. If it changed like the art in One Piece has, then I might be a little bitchy. But I'm perfectly happy with it.

As for the ark, I'm just repeating what everyone else has said: DGM has finally turned back to what DGM really was: A hunt for Innocence. I missed the funny, yet serious missions that made me such a DGM addict in the first place.
    I was worried that Hoshino was pushing it too fast, because it did seem like that for a while. But I'm not worried anymore

Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go wherever they want.

Click: http://forums.d-gray-man.com/

I do enjoy this toned down part, and I agree that constant fighting would put this series in the same class as things like OP, Bleach, and Naruto. I really don't like series that get so tied up in one thing and constantly pay attention to that. It's just... this thing with G is just really weird with the pacing, it's kind of bothersome; it doesn't have the same charm/feeling as the earlier 'regular' missions had. I'm not good with words so I guess I just can't really get out what my problem is with the arc.

My problem with the art is that there are definitely a lot of spots where it just looks downright sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinny View Post
    If it changed like the art in One Piece has, then I might be a little bitchy.
    PSSSSSH don't be hatin'!

But I see what you mean, eimajtl, about the pace of this arc. I don't like how she started in the middle of a problem and is working with it pretty quickly. I'm sure she'll mend the awkwardness, though.