Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar

R.I.P. Toonami March 17, 1997 - September 20, 2008

I don't know about the rest of you but I will miss toonami. This was my start with anime which eventually lead to my love of manga. Although after TOM 4 was introduced it started to go down hill due to the demographic being aimed more at children and less at teens I still owe Toonami alot because it taught me to appreciate good aime and figure out why most american cartoons sucked and still do to this day. I was introduced to Gundam, Ronnin warriors, and Voltron all at the same time And this is why I love Anime and always will

So I say thank you and Good Bye to Toonami. There will never be another anime block quite like it. Adult Swim comes close but its missing the sarcastic robotic host with a love for video games

R.I.P. Toonami March 17, 1997 - September 20, 2008

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Roonin Warriors suxs

Quote Originally Posted by WiSeMaN View Post
    Roonin Warriors suxs
    the dubbed version did. the original was better because the true plot was better than the augmented dubbed version which did more harm than good

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

wait ti ended saturday?!!>?!?! did they have like a going away special or sum thing man im gonna miss that it introduced me(and most likely everyone else) to dbz and yuyuhakusho and ruroni kenshin man so many good shows and wow its really gone that makes me terribly sad:(

Quote Originally Posted by jio999 View Post
    wait ti ended saturday?!!>?!?! did they have like a going away special or sum thing man im gonna miss that it introduced me(and most likely everyone else) to dbz and yuyuhakusho and ruroni kenshin man so many good shows and wow its really gone that makes me terribly sad:(
    it ended like a normal show except at the begining they stated it would be the last toonami. tom gave a long monolouge and you know the guy who voiced spike on cowboy beebop voiced tom so he ended it with the same final word spike did: "bang"

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

Nope, it went out with a silence in a 30 second scene after samurai jack

There goes my childhood. I watched this shit from age 5 to 13.

When I still had a 56k modem, I loved toonami. I watched DragonBallZ all of the time. Along with Yu Yu Hakusho. Ah, it's too bad :\

Then again, I was also lucky channel 13 had anime too (That started in 94 or 95?). Every morning like at 6 am, it was wonderful. Sailor Moon, Samurai Pizza Cats, (even the first couple seasons of Pokemon before it got big).

AW I grew up watching toonami.

this sucks! So what about the series that are still showing like naruto,and samurai jack?

RIP Toonami

Effective Saturday, September 20th, 2008, Cartoon Network has canceled the block and aired its final transmission on the same day.
    RIP some of the best afternoons of my life. 10+ years I watched as CartoonNetwork slowly drove you into the ground. We had some good times from the EPIC Giant Robot Week, a Month of Miyazaki, and the long night of the Midnight Run.

While I wasn't there in the days of Moltar I remember TOM 1- TOM 3, the days to Powerpuff Girls, DBZ, and ReBoot. Back when we had Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, Dragonball and Tenchi Muyo. I remember the Samurai Jack, the Zoids, the Yu Yu Hakusho, the .hack//SIGN and the Rurouni Kenshin.

Without you there would never have been any IGPX. It is you who went to Japan co-produced it and made it such an awesome mimi-series. I liked to say I stuck with you till the end but when you lost the Jackie Chan Adventures, aired the censored One Piece abomination, and became defined by the Narutards I knew it was too late.

This is too you my dear Toonami, and ode to the good times and bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8-P8z7gT4I

/me wipes tear from eye

| MangaTraders - Lackey | HentaiTraders - Staff | AnimeInfo.org - Admin |
    Scanlation: Typesetter, Editor, Scanner, Cleaner, & Connoisseur
    Warning: Due to the nature of Ariolander all posts now come with a disclaimer.