Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Korean Manhwa

only ones im reading right now would be veritas and the breaker. i love em both so i will be checkin more out. the breaker is read right to left tho

twitter.com/jedijuck

First Post~

For those who say that the Manhwa style sucks, I guess this is a matter of what you appreciate. I personally have a greater appreciation for Manhwa style art than that of Manga.
    The Breaker and Veritas being at the top of the list of best art styles in my opinion.

For those who say that Manhwa is stealing from Manga, I should remind you that even Manga artists/authors take concept and styles from each other all the time. Ever hear phrase "there's nothing new under the sun"? Take into consideration that there are limited amount of topics they can chose from to even get to the point where we would be discussing them here.

this are the manhwa I read

Ping
    The Breaker
    Aflame Inferno
    Unbalance x Unbalance
    Noblesse

BTW unbalance and unbalance and aflame inferno are from the same artist.
    Last edited by sevencold19; 08-12-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kick me high, hit me low, spit on me it's gonna take more than that to break my soul.

I'm reading Veritas, The Breaker (thanks for introducing me to this one guys hehe) and I also read Shin Angyo Onshi and they are all very good. I'm starting to get more and more interested in manhwas because I find the characters development more interesting than in mangas.

I got one word for ya'll.

TRACE
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime Sennin ™ View Post
    I got one word for ya'll.

TRACE

That was a good 1. A shame that it ended though. Especially since it seemed like TRACE was just the precursor to the real huge story (that was hopefully coming) but doesn't seem that way now.

-I'm liking Manhwas more and more over Manga, it seems Korean Arthur's are not only as good (or better in most cases) writers then Japanese, they also seem to care about it a lot more about their works too.

Of course you have your big 3 shounen manga that release once a weak consistently, and there are others too (beelzezbub/HSDK/Fairy Tail to name a few) however in most cases, specially when it comes to non-shounen manga, the release dates are 2 weeks, and often under 20 pages long.

As for seinen manga, I don't think the artists care at all, and the popularity doesn't seem to matter either - with horrible release dates and small chapters its almost impossible to keep attention to them. Likewise, the few lesser known seinen manhwas I know of at least put out a volume ever 2 months (or about 6-7 chapters)

Can't say I'll ever write mangas off, however I can say if the trend continues manhwas will be my favorite.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

Hi

Is Noblesse consider one? It's by a Korean dude.

Noblesse
    For 820 years he had slumbered with no knowledge of mankinds advancement and scientific progress. The land which he once knew has become an unfamiliar place with new technology, attitudes, and lifestyles. Upon awakening, Cadis Etrama Di Raizel (aka Rai), seeks to familiarize himself with this era. He locates a loyal servant of his, Frankenstein, who is currently the principal of a South Korean High School. Rai decides that this school is the perfect place to help him learn about the modern world, enrolls, and begins associating with a group of good-natured students in order to blend in. But this new world is no safer than the old; and the dignified, bewildered, technologically inept Rai finds himself embroiled in adventures both ridiculous and dangerous.

I've read/am reading

Aflame inferno
    UnballancexUnballance
    zippy ziggy
    veritas
    The breaker
    Freezing
    God of highschool
    Green boy
    School shock
    Highschool
    Immortal regis
    Kid gang
    Onihime VS
    Yongbi the Invincible
    Dragon who
    Zetman
    Yoo ah dok-jon
    Legend of mayan
    My lovable fatty
    Team medical dragon
    My boyfriend is a vampire
    Jack frost
    Monk!
    IO
    Love monster

and a few others
    Can't remember them all
    Last edited by Flare Blitz; 08-06-2012 at 01:02 AM.