Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Korean Manhwa

Korean Manhwa

Yes yes, It's time we dedicate a thread about sharing Korean Manhwa titles.

Korean Manhwa is basically Manga made in Korea, but instead of reading it from right to left - up to down, you read it from left to right - up to down.

There are quite some good titles out there that need to get more attention of the public .

I shall list a few titles I've read so far and liked a lot.

Most korean manwha series have good ecchi btw :3.

The few titles I currently follow:

• UnbalanceX2 [AKA: Unbalance X Unbalance , UxU] Ecchi (Scanlated by KMTS)
    • The Breaker Ecchi, Action (Scanlated by KMTS)
    • Zippy Ziggy Comedy, Ecchi, GenderBender? (Scanlated by RyColaa)
    • Ping Action (Scanlated by Dredshi & KMTS)

Now there are a few groups I know that scanlate Korean Manwha.

MEEP-Scans
    KMTS
    RyColaa
    Dredshi

If you have more to share, please do so.

How about some links gin0va? Especially KMTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I highly recomend Rebirth by Lee Kang-Woo.

Description:
    Created by Kang-Woo Lee and first published in Korea in 1998, Rebirth tells the story of Dark Magician Deshwitat Rudbich, a vampire who was sealed in limbo 300 years ago by the Light Magician Kalutika. Resurrected in the present day, Deshwitat now vows to destroy Kalutika. He has the help of a team of spiritual warriors, and is determined to unlock the Light Magic necessary to bring this mad magician down for good.

It's a bit slow in the beginning but once you get into to it it's really good. The only problem is that it's licensed so its pretty hard to find downloads. If anyone can find volume 21+ please pm me with links

groups who scanlate rebirth:

so far only YukiSamaScans

Link to first 9 volumes(requires registration)
    http://vnmanga.com/truyentranh/manga.php?manga=814
    Last edited by dullmeaster; 09-25-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    Spoiler!

(the) Ruler of the land.

You can find it in Mangafox but just 5 chap. And in Korea, about 50 vol were published

Raiders (Scanlated by RedHawk)

The boy named Irel was investigating a ruin with professor Wilter Langhem and finds the blood of Jesus inside a chrism bottle which makes you immortal if you drink it. After being chased by armed mans guarding the ruin, Irel and the Professor ride a train to London. And on the train, they get attacked by a mysterious girl who turns out to be a zombie! On the verge of his death, Irel drinks the blood of Jesus! What will happen to Irel? Read the manga to find out.

Yoo Ah Dok-Jon (Scanlated by August-Topaz)

To be the 3rd of a Rich family as the only son, ever since he was little Han Sang-Ah has been told the motto「Successful Future comes from a Perfect Mate」by his mother and raised with Sparta-education. Due to his mother's harsh female education Han Sang-Ah has serious stress (Trauma) over females. One night when he's 16 he's introduced to a girl who he has never seen before as his fiance, and because of his mother's serious meddling Sang-Ah decides to leave home. He leaves home with 3 years of freedom received after he made a once in a life time contract with his mom that he'll find his own wife til he's 19 years old. From then Sang-Ah's misfortunes with women...?
    Så glöm allt för kung är min riktiga titel.

Veteran Member
    I recommend Zero. It's from the same author and artist who worked on Black God.

http://www.onemanga.com/Zero/

and also I know Sakurahana translates manhwa.

The thing that sets the Korean manga from japanese manga imo is the character detail. Japanese manga is more setting and effect orientated whereas Koreans are focusing more on character art and development. Makes for some good ecchi like gin0va said. BUt some manhwa plots leave something to be desired.

Aflame Inferno: http://www.onemanga.com/Aflame_Inferno/

Jack Frost: http://www.onemanga.com/Jack_Frost/

Both are for the hardcore gore lovers seeing as they are both very bloody. Jack Frost focuses more on hardcore-demonic-ass-kicking...ness, and Aflame is the MAGICAL-demonic-ecchi-loving..ness.

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I'm at chapter 9 of Shin Angyo Onshi (Blade of the Phantom Master), which is highly rated on MLA and has also been serialized in Japan.

I'm really enjoying it, although I haven't reached anywhere, but the chapters are long (monthly) and so in 9 chapters I've gotten a great read.

Plot: Jushin, which is modelled after feudal Korea. In Jushin, there once lived secret government agents called angyo onshi, who traveled the countryside in disguise. They were charged by the king to find and punish corrupt government officials, and bring justice to the country's citizens. Jushin has been destroyed, fractured into numerous fiefdoms and kingdoms, many of which are ruled by corrupt and tyrannical warlords. Shin Angyo Onshi follows the adventures of one of the remaining angyo onshi, Munsu, as he continues to wander the countryside and deals with the chaos caused by Jushin's fall.

Genre: Seinen

^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

only annoying thing about manhwa is that you read it the other way happens all the time i have to reread a chapter when i notice i read it the wrong way in the end :|
    Så glöm allt för kung är min riktiga titel.

A sticky thread about manwha? What's next...

In my honest opinion, korean manga style sucks compared to traditional and new japanese shonen drawing styles. Even when they try to imitate the japanese style, they still fail. The only one that grabbed my attention some years ago was Ares, but I ended up dropping it because of the artstyle and the story-plot. It just can't put at same level as japanese manga (yet).