Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Magico

Magico

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Summary and Preview (Source: Mangahelpers)

Sixteen year old Emma finally arrives at the capital city Hawk Eye after escaping from being held captive for her entire life. But as soon as she arrives, every man in the city, including the king, falls madly in love with her. She is about to be forced into marriage, but is saved by a sorcerer. The sorcerer identifies himself as Shion, one of the youngest and most talented in the nation. They have met before, but Emma has no recollection.

Shion explains to Emma that she is cursed with the Ekidona, a mysterious magic that happens every 500 years where a girl is born with her heart packed with such powerful dark magic that it has the potential to destroy the world. With such power, one could rule the world, and Shion explains to Emma that people are going to try and hunt her down to get her heart. However, Emma is told that there exists a ritual that will rid her of the Ekidona curse but doing so will require a long and arduous process. The first of that being Emma and Shion will have to marry each other.

Written and Drawn by: Iwamoto Naoki
    Serialized in: Weekly Shounen Jump
    Published by: Shueisha (2011)

Here are the first three chapters:

MAGICO CHAPTER 1
    MAGICO CHAPTER 2
    MAGICO CHAPTER 3

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Was checking earlier to see if there was a thread for this, was gonna make one butttt...no.
    Anyways I like the first three chapters so far wonder how long it'll last.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Aww, now this is a fun little series full of likable characters and endless potential. I've always enjoyed manga that center around magic in-universe like Fairy Tail and this one has already won me over just the same.

The 'Idiot Couple' of Shion and Emma are incredibly adorable and innocent with their interactions. There's even a little fanservice here and there (She really did lift up her top no problem huh?) I hope Emma doesn't take Shion's shyness as a form of rejection later on, but as of right now I think they make a very cute pair.

It's also refreshing not have to wait X amount of chapters for the main couple to hook up. Instead they've already married, shared their first kiss and moved in together, in 3 chapters no less.

The complete list of Magico rituals is enormous which is good if the series catches on so the plot always has something to fall back on. I really like this series and am going to keep up with it. It's the most light-hearted, pure and fluffy romance I've seen in a manga yet, and the action and magical lore look just as promising. Good eye Jay, as always your taste in manga is awesome.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

Jaiden thanks for sharing this I didn't even know about this new series, so Sengoku Armors and Magico new series starting in Jump. It said Magico is the 3rd I'm missing one. So far liking this manga, usually not to big of a fan of the magic oriented manga's but this one seems to revolve around the medieval stuff like rituals and sh*t if this mangaka uses some similar exaggerated history. Looked up Echidna on google and it's interesting she in mythology is the mother of all monsters, gave birth to the famous Cerberus, Hydra, Chimera and many other famous Mythological monsters.Think this manga has a lot of potential.

Also like the art a lot, the Dragon with the Sun glasses f*cking awesome. Emma quickly became one of the reasons to continue this manga as well. Had me rolling when she just dropped her shirt to check the mark. The characters like Trilight mentioned are easily likable.The redundant nose bleed at the end was hella corny to me especially because all she did was hug him and thank him, is he that sensitive? Shion better not had some background being in Kamabakka kingdom like Sanji This is going be interesting a romance Shonen like story.

Well those my thoughts on the first chapter going read the next 2.

Edit: The ending of Chapter 3 priceless. "SPLAT!" Also looking back at the old TOC's found out that Sengoku Armor was actually the 4th new series.
    1st To-Love Ru Darkness
    2nd Dos Soil
    3rd Magico
    4th Sengoku Armors
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 03-29-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Liked very much the first 3 chapters (I read them yesterday ;P). It seems that this season's list of new mangas is way better than the previous one.

Glad everybody liked Magico so far. What does everybody think of Anise the talking cat? I found her hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Aww, now this is a fun little series full of likable characters and endless potential. I've always enjoyed manga that center around magic in-universe like Fairy Tail and this one has already won me over just the same.

The 'Idiot Couple' of Shion and Emma are incredibly adorable and innocent with their interactions. There's even a little fanservice here and there (She really did lift up her top no problem huh?) I hope Emma doesn't take Shion's shyness as a form of rejection later on, but as of right now I think they make a very cute pair.

It's also refreshing not have to wait X amount of chapters for the main couple to hook up. Instead they've already married, shared their first kiss and moved in together, in 3 chapters no less.

The complete list of Magico rituals is enormous which is good if the series catches on so the plot always has something to fall back on. I really like this series and am going to keep up with it. It's the most light-hearted, pure and fluffy romance I've seen in a manga yet, and the action and magical lore look just as promising. Good eye Jay, as always your taste in manga is awesome.
    I like them as a couple too, their odd but they click...Thanks Trill, I definitely know how to pick em don't I.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Glad everybody liked Magico so far. What does everybody think of Anise the talking cat? I found her hilarious.
    Yeah i like anise ,too. Shes rounding up that cute/stupid mix of Emma and Shion^^, i like the art and the chars really much so far (:!!

Will see how that bullied dog girl/boy fits in the story (=

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    its always refreshing reading such an innocent manga. I love the fact that the hreo and herione have already kissed and are married, that usually takes 100' ch's. im looking foward to more releases of this manga

Quote Originally Posted by dct21 View Post
    its always refreshing reading such an innocent manga. I love the fact that the hreo and herione have already kissed and are married, that usually takes 100' ch's. im looking foward to more releases of this manga
    100 ? Hahaha, if it even happens then it happens at the end or even beyond it ;P(most of the time).

BTW. it seems that it logouts me out each time I come to this thread ;O .

One Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    100 ? Hahaha, if it even happens then it happens at the end or even beyond it ;P(most of the time).

BTW. it seems that it logouts me out each time I come to this thread ;O .
    Yeah this thread is bugged for me too, it literally changes my interface to the old style just for this thread though.

Jaiden WTF did you do?!!